• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Locked in my MG4 & unable to escape - Serious Safety Issue

Just on a whim, bearing in mind that my car had already been in to the dealer for the Locking In recall, I typed my VIN into the MG recall web page. Lo and behold, according to that, my car is subject to a recall!!
So, I'm going to call the dealer anyway, but I wonder if it's a case of the recall patch not being recorded (fairly likely I would have thought), the recall patch not actually been applied, despite it supposedly done or does anyone know of another recall?
I have to add, when I picked the car up initially, the dealer assured me then that the recall fix had been applied already!
As you say the patch might not have been recorded but as it has to be done through MGs servers seems unlikely.
I've just put both my registration number and VIN into MGs recall page and it says no recall.

Having looked through this thread at least one Trophy has suffered with the problem but @RogerW (#767 Page 39) did not report non-use of the auto-lock. I suspect very few people are inclined to switch it off and if they did an not suffered a lock-in would they report it here?

Personally I do not mind the auto-locking but I have purchased a small hammer.

And who pays for the window repair after?

The hammer is for an emergency when other actions have failed. Good planning but crossing bridges before they happen is not always beneficial to one's mental state.

Following my MG4 Trophy locked-in experience #767, the AS-22-RC008 recall has now been done, (vandalised wing mirror was repaired at the same time) and the MG Recall Checker site says that NO recall is due! Phew.
Thanks community members - it was a big help reading all the posts & on a personal note, the advice in the thread kept me sane & stopped me from giving up on MG forever!
Must admit though, it'll take some time to feel completely at ease when driving the car. Have followed advice of some members and now keep glass-break tools handy. Also liked Bowfer's #805 & keep phone video handy for any future emergency.

Having looked through this thread at least one Trophy has suffered with the problem but @RogerW (#767 Page 39) did not report non-use of the auto-lock. I suspect very few people are inclined to switch it off and if they did an not suffered a lock-in would they report it here?

Personally I do not mind the auto-locking but I have purchased a small hammer.
Didn't mention the auto-lock when I posted previously as it didn't occur to me to check, so it was probably on. The auto-lock is still on post-recall, & I'll leave it on now that the car has been fixed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back