Locked in my MG4 & unable to escape - Serious Safety Issue

I picked up my MG4 a week ago, I have twice had a ‘key not detected’ message both times when the car was in park however the first time I was able to open the doors, second time the passenger door was open i then got out of the car and locked and unlocked it with no issues. I was told by the dealer the software patch had been applied so is this a different issue or did they just not apply the patch and I have just been lucky and not been locked in

Booked in for the 24th for door locking recall
Dangerous LKA. Which can not be used
Bulging under tray ( no sign of any oil leak )
CarPlay issues hit and miss
Les.

I've just received my letter! Mines a SE SR from 1st batch fwiw. Not had the problem. Slightly worried any update will create problems now but will call dealer in next day or so. Like others my main question is how quick it can be done and if not very quick I'll want a car off them in meantime. Dealer is 30 minutes from me so not a lunchtime pop out and back scenario really

Same dealer as you I believe. Received my letter today, booked in for Monday morning while I wait half an hour which I was pleasantly surprised at. Wasn't expecting to get a booking that quick so that's good.

I collected my Trophy on 29 December and was told that all the updates had been done. I have not (not) received a recall letter. Perhaps the right hand is talking to the left hand.

Booked in for the 24th for door locking recall
Dangerous LKA. Which can not be used
Bulging under tray ( no sign of any oil leak )
CarPlay issues hit and miss
Les.
Just about to book mine in for the recall. Slightly off topic, Les I notice you are having the bulging under tray looked at, is this something I've missed in that there is a possible 'fix'?

Just about to book mine in for the recall. Slightly off topic, Les I notice you are having the bulging under tray looked at, is this something I've missed in that there is a possible 'fix'?
Hi that I don’t know for sure but on here somewhere somebody said there dealer had said it need to be replaced so no idea if my dealer will do anything or not but I pointed it out the day we pick up the car an the salesman said they knew afoul this and they would be in contact when they have a fix for it so as it is now going in for the recall I just thought I would remind them about it let you all know after the 24th along with the other things I have told them needs looking at.
Les.

im booked in for the recall tomorrow even though i had software updates last week. I was told its likely to be 30 mins but could stretch to another 2-3hrs.

My vehicle has been on this ramp since Friday awaiting software updates - my dealer sent this pic as he thought I did not believe him. So god knows how long till these things come through.

Attachments

• C41E4DF5-4C80-4C7F-B8D3-9890EECD620F.jpeg
    C41E4DF5-4C80-4C7F-B8D3-9890EECD620F.jpeg
    413.2 KB · Views: 117
im booked in for the recall tomorrow even though i had software updates last week. I was told its likely to be 30 mins but could stretch to another 2-3hrs.

30 mins for the update.
2-3 hours while they realise the update has knocked out umpteen other functions and they try to fix it.

Took 3hrs for them to fit me a new undertray, rear deflector, oil breather and apply 3 updates
So Ayoull they fitted a new under tray well that’s the first I have heard of anybody getting one fitted it was said some where that it was the way they where going to go but you got one great news maybe I might get one in a couple of weeks time as well fingers crossed
Les

So Ayoull they fitted a new under tray well that’s the first I have heard of anybody getting one fitted it was said some where that it was the way they where going to go but you got one great news maybe I might get one in a couple of weeks time as well fingers crossed
Les
My car was supplied without an undertray, I had the delete done 😂😂

So it is the cars first undertray... With a sensual double bulge I might add

Same dealer as you I believe. Received my letter today, booked in for Monday morning while I wait half an hour which I was pleasantly surprised at. Wasn't expecting to get a booking that quick so that's good.
Yeah had a call back today and I've gone for first thing tuesday so no complaints about speed. They said it shouldn't be long and will do it while i wait and i can head back home/work without it interrupting day too much. Fingers crossed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back