Locked in my MG4 & unable to escape - Serious Safety Issue

I suspect it’s all versions. My MG4 is a trophy and I have had the invalid key issue.

Crossing fingers that your software update sorts it!
Me also otherwise I will have to reject it for safety reasons.what did they do for your car and did it resolve the problem

Me also otherwise I will have to reject it for safety reasons.what did they do for your car and did it resolve the problem
They ran checks followed by software updates. the invalid key issue has only happened to me once, so I don’t know if the software update was successful in resolving it.
I don’t believe I have your software version however.

They ran checks followed by software updates. the invalid key issue has only happened to me once, so I don’t know if the software update was successful in resolving it.
I don’t believe I have your software version however.
When I get my vehicle back later this afternoon I will post what software version they have installed.I was told by dealer that all cars will need to be updated for this problem

When I get mine one of the first things I'm going to do is check that the emergency lock in the tailgate moves freely and replace the key fob battery.
And yes I know it's probably nothing to do with the key fob...

When I get mine one of the first things I'm going to do is check that the emergency lock in the tailgate moves freely and replace the key fob battery.
And yes I know it's probably nothing to do with the key fob...
Does the Boot release need the key or just something to insert in slot and turn?
If so might just glue a switch to it?
Would that work?
781F3C34-E87B-46FD-AF4E-6EB6009331B6.jpeg

Anything wil turn it. I used my house keys but I've no about about something like that.

Encouraging news people!
I've just heard from my dealer to tell me that as from today, all new MG4s will have had a software patch to cure the "locked in" problem. His dealership was informed by MG via an email this morning.
I don't know what that means for existing vehicles, presumably the software patch is now available for applying if you contact your dealer

Just got my vehicle back with the new software applied don’t k ow how to find out what is new software or not does anybody know.

Just got my vehicle back with the new software applied don’t k ow how to find out what is new software or not does anybody know.
Short answer. You can't.
Unless the dealer gives you the version numbers as they are hidden in a pin number protected engineers programme.

contacted my dealer on the key / lock-in issue. I was told there is a recall being issued and I'm booked in for software update next week..
I was supposed to collect my MG4 SE SR tomorrow but the dealer got a bulletin today for a mandatory update for the locking system so can't collect until Friday now

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back