Locked in my MG4 & unable to escape - Serious Safety Issue

Used it for 10minites to get back from dealer this morning car won’t go in drive mode centre selector no lights
You may wish to reboot the infotainment unit, as a trial.
Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.

You may wish to reboot the infotainment unit, as a trial.
Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
I have left it at home to be recovered it’s unusable and unreliable.used my other vehicle as owners we should not keep having to reset things climb out boots and hope the car works everytime we enter for a 32k investment

I have left it at home to be recovered it’s unusable and unreliable.used my other vehicle as owners we should not keep having to reset things climb out boots and hope the car works everytime we
Perhaps the12v battery hasn't enough power in it after the cold night.
can’t have that happening as I work early shifts a bit of cold weather shouldn’t stop a vehicle from
Carrying its purpose it is pointless having and paying for every is trying to make excuses but end the day we use a vehicle to drive not to worry if it will start or not at 32k

I have left it at home to be recovered it’s unusable and unreliable.used my other vehicle as owners we should not keep having to reset things climb out boots and hope the car works everytime we enter for a 32k investment
That's a good call, when it happened to me I rejected in day 5 as they said there was no fault. I have owned a Kia e niro for 2 years and it has been faultless. I was unsure buying my first Kia but as an electric vehicle it is very good. It doesn't look the part but it is quick and the range is amazing. If your looking I would definitely say test drive the old version e niro. It the new estate. I got a cupra born after rejected my mg4 and as much as I love it the kia is a better EV. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

That's a good call, when it happened to me I rejected in day 5 as they said there was no fault. I have owned a Kia e niro for 2 years and it has been faultless. I was unsure buying my first Kia but as an electric vehicle it is very good. It doesn't look the part but it is quick and the range is amazing. If your looking I would definitely say test drive the old version e niro. It the new estate. I got a cupra born after rejected my mg4 and as much as I love it the kia is a better EV. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.
I have had 3 Kia’s had the Niro ev it was brilliant just dated I was going to buy the new one but decided on mg I shouldn’t have my wife has the hev sportswagon brilliant car no issues in 3 years in fact never had a issue with any Kia’s but this mg4 is a nightmare

Car has now just been rejected nearly crashed on way home due to loss power rejection gone in with finance company tomorrow morning see where we go from here garage have been very helpful car is a absolute death trap

Car has now just been rejected nearly crashed on way home due to loss power rejection gone in with finance company tomorrow morning see where we go from here garage have been very helpful car is a absolute death trap
Definitely the right decision in your situation. Glad to hear your garage is being very helpful though.

Yes I like the car but have lost faith and when it’s nearly my life in a accident I can’t take that risk with myself or my family/children.the car itself is good but there is too many issues which I think are all software related the risk outweighs the positives and like I say my safety n family is the upmost over a faulty car.I was going to give them a 3rd opportunity but the loss of power on way to dealers is the final straw I will see what finance company say tomorrow and go from there

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I still haven’t heard from MG or my dealer regarding my incident which is disappointing after reading about other members software updated etc.

This thread really needs to be renamed so others can find it easily and get help if needed. My car has been with the Dealership since 8th nov and I am driving around an mg5 which I quite like. It has a start stop button and keyless entry which feels more reliable. I have also been told a new software update has been done and all is well but I'm not convinced. I need a guarantee of a full refund if it happens again, before I can accept the car back.

I had the new software update next morning car wouldn’t start then later afternoon it started on motorway back to dealers lost power nearly got rear ended handed it back to dealer n notified rejection I can’t put my life in the hand of updates

That is worrying. Anyone else with new software update problems? I need to buy an EV new through a company, so the alternative is spending another 10k on a kia and waiting 12 months, whilst I drive around a cheap 2nd hand car.

I had the new software update next morning car wouldn’t start then later afternoon it started on motorway back to dealers lost power nearly got rear ended handed it back to dealer n notified rejection I can’t put my life in the hand of updates
It would be helpful to everyone if you posted this on the appropriate thread.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back