Locked in my MG4 & unable to escape - Serious Safety Issue

MG just need to get all cars in for the update then problem solved, there seems to be a real reluctance to do this for some reason

Except for those after 13/12/2022.

Again from my understanding dealing with past vehicles that got recalled, they have so many days to provide affected VINs, before they are forced to essentially say all vehicles require recalling

I would not be surprised if there are a number of vehicles delivered after that date without the update.

I would not be surprised if there are a number of vehicles delivered after that date without the update.
I agree completely, again the solution is there like the oil leak and we all know it should be done prior to releasing cars to customers. As you said will they all be done, I seriously doubt it.
MG will probably drop the ball again on this one.

I believe sir you have just described the British Leyland production line from back in the day, MG going all retro and back to its roots
It’s got the Austin Alegro steering wheel…

I'm fortunate my car has the update as collected 16/12 but I am missing an undertray, rear deflector and my cars gearbox has a bladder control issue.
I don't think this is just an issue for the MG4 having just seen as couple with one partner locked in the car with the alarm going, doors not opening, windows non-responsive and key in car being useless, it was a brand new BMW i2. Not saying this isn't an issue that needs sorting out but not isolated to MG.

I don't think this is just an issue for the MG4 having just seen as couple with one partner locked in the car with the alarm going, doors not opening, windows non-responsive and key in car being useless, it was a brand new BMW i2. Not saying this isn't an issue that needs sorting out but not isolated to MG.
You are of course correct but it is how it's dealt with that it can be judged

You’re absolutely right. Here we focus on MG, but many members (myself included) have other cars and visit other forums.
All cars have issues. Some more than others. MG are no different.
The real problem that I’m seeing right now is MG’s response to issues. I appreciate you can get a distorted view on here, but so many members reporting appalling customer service can’t all be wrong.
Such a shame and I feel for owners.
I’ve put a holding deposit on an MG4 for my Daughter (mainly because she really liked the Trophy in orange), but like many on here I’m really not impressed by how MG are dealing with customer issues.
The potential is there with really good cars now coming out of MG, that are not just ‘budget’ but can directly compete on style and performance. Alas the backup and support is still way down at the depths of a budget offering.
Come on MG do the right thing for your customer - up your game, and you’re really on to a winner here. Otherwise all the disruptive pricing in the world won’t save your reputation in the longer term.

You’re absolutely right. Here we focus on MG, but many members (myself included) have other cars and visit other forums.
All cars have issues. Some more than others. MG are no different.
The real problem that I’m seeing right now is MG’s response to issues. I appreciate you can get a distorted view on here, but so many members reporting appalling customer service can’t all be wrong.
Such a shame and I feel for owners.
I’ve put a holding deposit on an MG4 for my Daughter (mainly because she really liked the Trophy in orange), but like many on here I’m really not impressed by how MG are dealing with customer issues.
The potential is there with really good cars now coming out of MG, that are not just ‘budget’ but can directly compete on style and performance. Alas the backup and support is still way down at the depths of a budget offering.
Come on MG do the right thing for your customer - up your game, and you’re really on to a winner here. Otherwise all the disruptive pricing in the world won’t save your reputation in the longer term.
Totally agree, I obviously own a different EV having cancelled by MG4 order, purely on the basis of I need my car at home not sat at the dealers and more importantly the locking in.
I go on other forums, notably speak EV which has every EV going in it. I could go in every makes chat and find faults with cars, MG are definitely not alone in that.
The thing is as Cocijo has said the way MG are dealing with things is definitely the attitude of a budget maker. The MG4 could change MG for better, but as well as the new platform/car the should have had a new approach.
I will shortly be in the market for another car and my plan was always to change my second car for an EV I would still consider and MG4 if they can sort things out.
I think there has to be a shift in thinking by MG and their customers, instead of when in discussion about MG faults, coming back with this manufacturer has this fault etc and they are far more expensive than MG.
It's almost making an excuse for MG's faults because it's cheaper! With that thinking MG are getting away with it a bit.
There needs to be a concerted effort by owners, potential buyers to try and force a shift in dealers and MG UK's aftercare.
I keep saying it the car has huge potential but MG UK need to match that.

Totally agree, I obviously own a different EV having cancelled by MG4 order, purely on the basis of I need my car at home not sat at the dealers and more importantly the locking in.
I go on other forums, notably speak EV which has every EV going in it. I could go in every makes chat and find faults with cars, MG are definitely not alone in that.
The thing is as Cocijo has said the way MG are dealing with things is definitely the attitude of a budget maker. The MG4 could change MG for better, but as well as the new platform/car the should have had a new approach.
I will shortly be in the market for another car and my plan was always to change my second car for an EV I would still consider and MG4 if they can sort things out.
I think there has to be a shift in thinking by MG and their customers, instead of when in discussion about MG faults, coming back with this manufacturer has this fault etc and they are far more expensive than MG.
It's almost making an excuse for MG's faults because it's cheaper! With that thinking MG are getting away with it a bit.
There needs to be a concerted effort by owners, potential buyers to try and force a shift in dealers and MG UK's aftercare.
I keep saying it the car has huge potential but MG UK need to match that.
You haven't mentioned before that you got a different EV 🤔🤣

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel