Low speed wind noise - roof bars?

That could be the problem, mine's flush with the roof. It looks like your sunroof needs some adjustment.
Thanks - it looks that way. Do you have a comparison pic please?

My flush sunroof.
IMG_20210210_145238453_HDR.jpg

Thank you. Yours looks flush as you say. I will get it checked once we are through lockdown. It’s hardly the most important at the moment. I don’t get any leaks.

Blind people are though....
"The Department for Transport (DfT) commissioned research to gather statistics on accidents involving electric vehicles with pedestrians who are blind or vision impaired to determine whether the perceived accident risk is real and whether electric and hybrid cars are more difficult to detect audibly than conventional internal combustion engine vehicles. The DfT goal was to use the findings to establish what sort of sound should be fitted to electric vehicles.[24][25]

The research was conducted by the Transport Research Laboratory, and the findings were published in 2011. The study found little correlation between the rate of accidents with pedestrians and noise level for the majority of vehicles. In addition, the analysis found no evidence of a pattern in accident rate when only considering those accidents occurring on 30 mph (48 km/h) or slower roads, or where the pedestrian was disabled. A previous study did not find an increased pedestrian accident rate for electric and hybrid vehicles with respect to their conventional counterparts, which raised the question as to whether added sound is necessarily required. The study also noted that some modern conventional cars are as quiet as their electric counterparts, even at low speeds"

Mine went of today for 1-2 seconds only, as someone decided to cross the road slowly... Sounded like a machine gun, which made them take a quicker step... I think it could be useful.

edit
. my iced over sun roof was rattling a little today for the first time... As it melted it did improve some what... Hope its only a winter thing but has me somewhat concerned as cars only did 250 miles. My previous car did about 90K before it's panoramic roof started to rattle.

Last edited:
Mine went of today for 1-2 seconds only, as someone decided to cross the road slowly... Sounded like a machine gun, which made them take a quicker step... I think it could be useful.

edit
. my iced over sun roof was rattling a little today for the first time... As it melted it did improve some what... Hope its only a winter thing but has me somewhat concerned as cars only did 250 miles. My previous car did about 90K before it's panoramic roof started to rattle.
I noticed the same today with mine. Creak/rattle

And yet a Danish report says "Recent research has shown that electric cars are around 40 per cent more likely to be involved in a collision with a pedestrian than a traditional car."
It all depends how you approach the subject and what conditions you set, but I have a feeling we all know this! On or Off, it will be personal thing, well in the cars where you can turn it off anyway.

This isn't to start a bun fight but to show for every report for pedestrian alerts there will surely be a report against.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom