Low speed wind noise - roof bars?

Had some nasty crosswinds over the last day or so on my commute. Also noticed that there was a noise coming from the area around the door. But only when the wind was gusting passenger side to driver side. I'm just wondering if the door is flexing ever so slightly under those conditions, exposing the seal.

The door seems sturdy enough. I will try to experiment with putting some tape over the hole in the seal that I found (+ a lot more 😂) but I will only try to block one hole, I understand the reason why they are there. The hole I showed in the picture fits exactly with where I am hearing the wind wizzle coming from, btw. I don't feel any draft, so I think the wind get caught in the hole and play a tune.

For anyone with a Panoramic Roof the adjustment of the glass alignment should be such that the leading edge of the front glass is a fraction lower than the car roof. The trailing edge of the rear glass should be a fraction above the car roof.

A fraction being around 1mm.

This is to avoid Lambda airflow turbulence, if they are not correctly adjusted it can affect the wind noise considerably.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom