Making my dumb Rolec charger a smart one for under £20

A country shouldn't use foreign country's companies to provide, build and operate power supplies.

Things like nuclear plants should be operated by the govt and then the power can be sold to the energy supplier retailers.

At worst the plants can be operated on short term lease by companies like trains and removed if not hitting standard.

Is part of the issue with the Energy supplies in the UK the retail providers post a loss because their wholesale arms and are over charging. They make it look like the energy needs to go up in price when reality the wholesale arm could reduce price.

Energy companies are becoming to large and need checked and reigning in
Previous governments sold of the power industries in the UK years ago and failed to re-invest in the industry.
Instead, allowing other countries to build the plants and then moan about the cost of what they charge for the energy.
Thinking this was a cheaper option at the time, well we all know how that story has ended !.

Hi. It’s on the main CU. I’ve attached a picture. What I hadn’t mentioned is that I have also had to purchase a 0.3m extension/adaptor to change from Type 1 to Type 2. I’m more and more convinced that this is my problem and not the Shelly 1, although I am getting a friend over with their hybrid car which takes a type 1 to check!
Did your EVSE installer put the EV on a 50A breaker?
It was pictures of the shelly install that was of interest😀

Previous governments sold of the power industries in the UK years ago and failed to re-invest in the industry.
Instead, allowing other countries to build the plants and then moan about the cost of what they charge for the energy.
Thinking this was a cheaper option at the time, well we all know how that story has ended !.
Mega corporations really in the back ground

With solar and other technologies getting better the smart move from any govt would be to invest in getting these rolled out to most houses with bigger incentives to remove reliance on the corporations is not like they tax then anyways

Thank you so much for this; really easy to follow and I’ve now installed my Shelly 1. However, whilst everything works as expected, about 5mins after plugging my car in, the main circuit breaker for the Ev charger in the main fuse box trips. Any idea?
I can only suggest checking the wiring as it sounds like there's a short/earth leakage

A country shouldn't use foreign country's companies to provide, build and operate power supplies.

Things like nuclear plants should be operated by the govt and then the power can be sold to the energy supplier retailers.

At worst the plants can be operated on short term lease by companies like trains and removed if not hitting standard.

Is part of the issue with the Energy supplies in the UK the retail providers post a loss because their wholesale arms and are over charging. They make it look like the energy needs to go up in price when reality the wholesale arm could reduce price.

Energy companies are becoming to large and need checked and reigning in
The issue is nothing to do.woth the companies who are the fuel producers or generators it's the legislature in place.

No company regulated by Ofgem is allowed to utilise profit from one part of the business to subsidize another.

So Shell massive oil and gas profits, but under UK Ofgem legislation are not allowed to pass those profits to the retail energy arm to reduce bills or costs. As it is viewed as anticompetitive

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom