Map update 2022

Albecaso63

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
[ Edited Coulomb: for the quick How To, see:

]

Hi, I saw that the updated maps of 2022 are available, I ask you if you have already installed this update and what procedure you have done. Thanks .... sorry for the spelling errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I saw that the updated maps of 2022 are available, I ask you if you have already installed this update and what procedure you have done. Thanks .... sorry for the spelling errors.
Manuals I presume

questo è in Italia
IMG_20220627_215941.jpg

Map download Q1 2022 is also available when I enter my VIN! Also states firmware updates available!!....see attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-27-21-38-59-111_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-27-21-38-59-111_com.android.chrome.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 285
The next things is how do you actually update the bloody thing! nothing in the owners manual about how to do it

..I tried to install the update, but the file is not recognized, they would like the instructions.

Last edited:
The file that is provided is a .rar compressed file. Have you tried extracting the files before attempting update?

Where exactly do you find these ?

Nevermind i found the link in the top.

Downloading now, will try to extract the RAR file and see what's inside when finished.

I will then put the extracted files onto a thumb drive, first FAT32 formatted (Unless any files is above 2 Gbyte) and if that does not work, then NTFS

Will report back as soon as i have a result.

Last edited:
The next things is how do you actually update the bloody thing! nothing in the owners manual about how to do it
This is the manual I downloaded explains in detail, haven't tried it yet because only had car 3 weeks and still getting used to everything.

Attachments

• MG_Navigation_update_tool_user_manual_EN.pdf
    724.2 KB · Views: 351
This is the manual I downloaded explains in detail, haven't tried it yet because only had car 3 weeks and still getting used to everything.
I think this is a manual to update the maps on the 1.gen cars.

The software version they talk about is "9.18.39.709263" and if i google that, i get a thread from this forum from 2021.

Right now my navigation in my 2.gen is displayed as being "6.2.60.39077-P"

I unpacked the RAR, unfortunately it contains 100.000+ small files, so copying to a thumbdrive takes forever.

My first attempt will be to just copy the unpacked "maps" folder onto my thumbdrive, that is formatted as FAT-32

Takes hours to do, even though both drive and USB port is USB-3

The software version they talk about is "9.18.39.709263" and if i google that, i get a thread from this forum from 2021.

I unpacked the RAR, unfortunately it contains 100.000+ small files, so copying to a thumbdrive takes forever.

My first attempt will be to just copy the unpacked "maps" folder onto my thumbdrive, that is formatted as FAT-32

Thank you for info.

Hi, I'm waiting for your news on how you installed the update. Thank you.

You should not have to unpack
What's the file name?
When you do unpack is there any heremap files or are they naviextra?

first one up for version 22Q1 202204172242
then tnavmapdata/latest_builds/NGXMODEL/EU_HERE_22Q1/NGXMODEL-EU_HERE_22Q1-c12fd10_20220208013911-RC/space_name_EU_22Q1.txt

having said that just found this - I think it is the same as supplied on many cars
PROJECT=denali
REGION=eu
QUATER=20q3
POI_SCHEMA=saic_wukong_my21_eu_20q3_f_noap
ADDRESS_SCHEMA=here_eu_20q3_f_a79c7cf9_adr_db_200826_091616
TIMESTAMP=2020-11-26-22-33-18

You should not have to unpack
What's the file name?
When you do unpack is there any heremap files or are they naviextra?
The RAR file contains one folder "Maps"

This folder contains a folder and 2 files

Folder : TelenavMapData
File : File_index.xls
File : Version.txt

First attempt was to just copy the folder "Maps" to the USB, the drive is recognised but when i press update, it wants me to select ressources to update, but keeps 3 blank spots.

Next attempt will be to copy the folder and files to the root directory of the thumbdrive.

TelenavMapData contains the following folders

Junction_view
Landmarks_3_d
map
onboard_search
terrain

And files :

Manifest.json
Part_number.bin

The content of the "version.txt" file is : "22Q1 202204172242"

To me that looks like map data compiled April 17 2022, at 10:42 PM

So until now i tried the following

USB formatted as FAT32

Copy maps folder to root of USB
Copy folders and files inside of maps folder to root of USB

USB formatted as NTFS

Copied RAR file to root of USB

Until now, the same result every time "No map data found"

Next test is copying maps folder to the root of the USB, formatted as NTFS and Copy the stuff in maps folder to root of USB.

JSON file contains the following

{
"Region": "EU",
"Transaction tag": "DEN1-EU38-391-4J19",
"MapSupplier": "HERE",
"Map Version": "22Q1 202204172242",
"Content license level": "0",
"Part Number": "12345678",
"Jira": "WK-4651"
}

Technically this means that this map update is not for you guys :) (EU :) )

No matter if the USB is formatted to FAT32 or NTFS, if i plug it in, the car will make an "android" folder on the drive, this to me, indicates that the drive is recognized and the file system is readable by the car, so now it probably only takes someone to figure out what and where to put the files for the car to be able to find them.

So until now i tried the following

USB formatted as FAT32

Copy maps folder to root of USB
Copy folders and files inside of maps folder to root of USB

USB formatted as NTFS

Copied RAR file to root of USB

Until now, the same result every time "No map data found"

Next test is copying maps folder to the root of the USB, formatted as NTFS and Copy the stuff in maps folder to root of USB.

JSON file contains the following

{
"Region": "EU",
"Transaction tag": "DEN1-EU38-391-4J19",
"MapSupplier": "HERE",
"Map Version": "22Q1 202204172242",
"Content license level": "0",
"Part Number": "12345678",
"Jira": "WK-4651"
}

Technically this means that this map update is not for you guys :) (EU :) )

No matter if the USB is formatted to FAT32 or NTFS, if i plug it in, the car will make an "android" folder on the drive, this to me, indicates that the drive is recognized and the file system is readable by the car, so now it probably only takes someone to figure out what and where to put the files for the car to be able to find them.
Any mileage in putting them in the "android" folder it's made?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom