MG fully charged voltage

EVMid

Standard Member
Reaction score
My AS when fully charged reads 450 volts does this number suggest my MY needs the latest BMS upgrade? I got the car in November.

If you got the car in November ,it probably has the bms update which restricts voltage and range ,so a word with your dealer should clarify things for you .the January update seems to be ok but not many have had it yet so jury is still out

The trails / results of the latest BMS update released on the 19th Jan 2021 is being covered on another thread.
There is a survey running on the result, check it out.

Picked mine up this month not had latest bms update. Shows 456 v fully ballanced
How do you know what version it is on and it hasn’t had the BMS update?

This is what mine is showing after just coming off charge (in Eco with heating off)

Attachments

• PXL_20210127_193014698.jpg
    PXL_20210127_193014698.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 284
I don't think anyone, who has the update yet confirmed if they are getting 455V once fully charged
Hi MAS - Your totally correct.
Under restrictions, we are relying on a very few owners who have had the update and are still permitted to use their cars !.
My car returned from the dealers a week ago and I have made one trip to my local supermarket and back in that time, I bet the car has covered no more than 20 miles and that includes bringing it home from the garage !.
I have more charge in the pack than I need right now, so carrying out a charge / balance cycle is totally out of the question.
I am really keen to see just how my car responds to the charge and how long the balancing process takes.
If it takes more than a few hours, then I will start to show real concern.
And if the voltage on the pack does not increase slightly, then again this will not be a good sign either.
Speaking for myself here, I think other owners are more likely to be supplying useful feedback on this subject before myself.
Sorry folks, I am totally glued to this subject right now !.
Please keep providing any information as and when you can.
If this update proves to be a failure, then the more cases of problems we can evidence then the better.

Hi, is somebody knows, how many cells are connected in series in the MG ZS EV main battery?

Hi, is somebody knows, how many cells are connected in series in the MG ZS EV main battery?
If the cells are charged to 4.15 v 455 volts divided by 4.15 is 109.6.
I have been looking for the cell count and cant find it.

I'm pretty sure there will be 108 of these cells packaged into our cars, they would each be charged at 4.21v for the 455v total shown on our dash, catl can't make that many different types of cells and these figures would match up with the label printed on our battery in the car in regards with voltage and amps, just put this up for those who may be interested.

There 18 big batteries, so there must be 6 of these cells packed into each big battery.

If I'm right with these battery cells the nominal capacity of the pack would be 43.3 KW, which is probably why they say it's a 44 KW battery, fully charged it's more towards 50 KW, and it's seems there was about 42 KW of this usable to us, so there must be a buffer at the bottom end of the battery of about 8 KW, so perhaps they've lowered the top voltage in order to preserve battery lifespan, because they were actually charged to near enough 100% before, but maybe they allowed us to use some more of the bottom end of the battery instead to give us the same useable capacity, which is why I was asking people who've had the new update to compare the lower voltage when the battery light comes on, because that might also be different, it would explain why even though they're charging to 450v now (new update) instead of 455v (old update) but still giving the same range in miles on the dash ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom