MG ZS EV 2021 new features

I also run a tesla. The one pedal OTA update was sent out over 12 Months ago (i felt that it transformed driving) to my car followed by several updates some targeting increased range - so I’m fully aware of what can be achieved with software changes. Tesla constantly look to improve efficiencies. I think that the suggested increase in range is around 15 miles? tesla as you know have a different way of calculating the displayed predicted range.
I am not saying range cannot be improved using the same capacity battery - I’m saying that having a ‘better’ battery with the same capacity on its own will make no difference to the range.
On the face of it the MG update gets +100 miles using the same size battery - I think that we’ve established that they are not measuring this in the same way as before. I’m pretty sure that the new MG will deliver more range by improving efficiencies, but how much real world range that will be is difficult to tell.
Has something been lost in translation? or have they done an Elon Musk and developed a new more powerful battery ??

Hi!

I have seen some information of new 2022 MG ZS in an official web of Spanish Govertment, it shows a ZS EV with 115kw engine and 71kw/h of battery pack with 440km range, and another ZS EV with 130km engine, 51 kw/h battery pack and 320km of range

Last edited:
screenshots!

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Sin título2.jpg
    Sin título2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 167
Hopefully if things like the above are surfacing we might actually get an official announcement sometime soon. All this waiting seems unnecessary and essentially costing them money.

Has something been lost in translation? or have they done an Elon Musk and developed a new more powerful battery ??
Hi,
i’m not sure what you mean i’m afraid. Batteries are rated - a 75kwhr battery is a 75kwhr battery if you know what I mean. How efficiently or what proportion of that power is used can improve range amongst other things - so improved software, BMS improvements for example, hardware updates - more efficient motors etc - but the battery rating still remains the same unless it too is changed. Or have I missed your point? 🙂

Had my new 71 plate zs 2 weeks ago and im happy with it, it's range easily covers my needs. The only thing i miss is full climate control, and bringing a new model out will probably devalue its second hand value 🤨

Had my new 71 plate zs 2 weeks ago and im happy with it, it's range easily covers my needs. The only thing i miss is full climate control, and bringing a new model out will probably devalue its second hand value 🤨
It's always the case. The majority of vehicles lose money and 2nd hand values largely dictated by finance companies. We've just got to suck it up unfortunately.

At the moment second hand values are high due to lack of supply & high demand. Plus with the goal of no new ice after 2030, and now the recent fuel shortages more people are considering EV’s but the number on the roads, 0.25m compared to ice at 30m, demand will remain high for quite some time.

With the new MGZSEV LR coming, precedent is that it will cost more than the outgoing model.

Hi!

I have seen some information of new 2022 MG ZS in an official web of Spanish Govertment, it shows a ZS EV with 115kw engine and 71kw/h of battery pack with 440km range, and another ZS EV with 130km engine, 51 kw/h battery pack and 320km of range
That's interesting.

The existing 5 has a 115kw motor, existing zs 105kw, so that would suggest using the motor from that in the LR version.
I wonder why both new versions wouldn't have the same better motor power.

All speculation of course.

It seems like a two power and 2 battery packs, 172 and 204cv with standar and long range
Yep, Comfort and Luxury (Excite and Exclusive) Standard range models with 150kW power and a Luxury Maximum with 130kw power and weighing 10kg more than the standard range.

Just got a further update through this morning from my local dealer.

“MG have started to release bits of information about their new model but I don’t have any firm prices or specs yet. However, I believe they may release 2 difference ranges for the MG ZS EV. One of which will have a range closer to 280 miles (like the eNiro you tried).

I’ve more information coming through this week, so if I find out anything of interest for you I will let you know”

Hi,
i’m not sure what you mean i’m afraid. Batteries are rated - a 75kwhr battery is a 75kwhr battery if you know what I mean. How efficiently or what proportion of that power is used can improve range amongst other things - so improved software, BMS improvements for example, hardware updates - more efficient motors etc - but the battery rating still remains the same unless it too is changed. Or have I missed your point? 🙂
I understand what you mean but my point was that it seems Tesla are now manufacturing larger capacity size batteries which extend range and lower vehicle weight, and since Saic are one of the largest battery manufacturers in China, they may have gone down the same technical route?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom