Did you try disconnecting the 12v on the car and reconnecting?

That is a kind gesture and it would be another step of trying to get to the bottom of @stevemac1980 strange problem ?.
Having spoke to Steve via DM, I've given him some advice on dealing with his local dealership as they are renowned for not being the most efficient when it comes to updating the cars firmware to the latest version.

He possibly has a Gen 1 with a faulty firmware on the charging port, which needs reflashing to resolve the matter, but as the dealership won't reach out to MG Technical he's struggling. I had the exact same problems he's having with my Gen 1 and had to push for them to dig a bit deeper, and voila, updated firmware resolved the issue.

Update on car....

Spoke to MG who claim that every "available update" that the car asked for has been installed (red flag!). Explained the whole story in that the car won't charge at the house but charges everywhere else, and that other cars charge up as they should do. I had to ask them if it was possible that an update hasn't gone through correctly and if they can remove and update the software again to ensure that the charger port firmware was included and updated correctly as it should do. Eventually got the car booked in for the 23rd February (1st available date available and with a courtesy car available as I'm hospital that day having knee surgery that day as well) but still stuck with having to sit down BP charging the car up.

Oh, also told them that the charger cables that they claimed were corroded and broken work perfectly well, he did make the comment that the cables worked there but they didn't leave them in for long because they were wet (possibly due to the fact that it was pouring down with rain that morning!)

I hope that you have found the forum useful anyway. 🙂

does The charger have its own fed ie: a split fed by the fuse box if so switch the main fuse box off and then try charging to prove if anything in the house is effecting it

Where abouts are you in Essex. I have an MG ZS so you could try our charger or we could try yours if you are local to us.

My zs ev won't charge if I have power line adaptors (ethernet over power) in use. I've given up trying to explain this to my dealership.

Is it something to do with the MG app? I was unable to charge at home because of a setting on the app. It took the sales guy ages to find it, but once he changed, my home charger worked as expected

Talking of charging issues MG4 is only pulling 1.9 kw on the my 7kw pod point solo and 1.8 on my granny charger- I am still waiting for a response from pod point - nothing as yet. My charging setting on the MG is maximum. My fitter a registered company has maintained he has install it correctly. But he did mention the variant pod point does not have dip switches and is hard set at 60A. I have not tried a rapid charge from external charger ie supermarket or garage so don’t know if it’s the MG or the point pod unit itself. All lights are showing as normal blue/pink when in standby and solid green when charging. If I’m getting the same output from both pod and granny I could have saved £1000!!

What percentage are you at and have you got it set to 80%?
Yes are we talking on the infotainment screen?

And I’m at 85% took 4 hours to put 9 Kw on

And I’m at 85% took 4 hours to put 9 Kw on
Tried to change setting of 80% but not letting me do it- it looks like from pod point info they can change settings on the pod remotely see last paragraph on pic

Attachments

• F5A01089-AC25-4811-907D-EAA5CDE7A69E.png
    F5A01089-AC25-4811-907D-EAA5CDE7A69E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
please unplug everything in ur home. not switched off by the switch. reduce any leakage currents. then only plugin ur ev.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom