MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

I’ve only gone for the Connect as fiddling with the phone is not my scene. Availability will dictate exact model and colour in the end.

I have posted previously about MG swtching to using 'here' as their connected services provider.
One pertinent inclusion is here's EV Charge Points;

here_cp.jpg

The capabilities of the 'here' system are quite impressive, therefore I feel that even if not benefiting immediately, future features might well be worth the additional outlay.

I read somewhere that in Thailand, MGs previously used TomTom's live services with a 4G LTE connection, but the new here system uses 5G. How true that is, I don't know, but as it is a factory fit option in the UK, there surely must be some hardware differences.

I don't know, but as it is a factory fit option in the UK, there surely must be some hardware differences.
I am also fairly confident that you are correct on that score.
It is more than a simple software update.
Factory hard ware required at the build process, I would hazard a guess !.

Interesting to note that a number of members have already placed orders for the MK2 EV. I called on the MG dealer in Southampton yesterday and got a look at the facelift ZS EV and liked what I saw. However, not only would it have been illegal to test drive that car but the guy I spoke to couldn't quote any prices, discounts, deals or a part exchange price for my now 2 year old MK1 Exclusive (for which Cazoo offered me a brilliant £20100). Question: is my local dealer very slow in coming forward with a deal or are some people jumping the gun in placing orders without knowing price?

Interesting to note that a number of members have already placed orders for the MK2 EV. I called on the MG dealer in Southampton yesterday and got a look at the facelift ZS EV and liked what I saw. However, not only would it have been illegal to test drive that car but the guy I spoke to couldn't quote any prices, discounts, deals or a part exchange price for my now 2 year old MK1 Exclusive (for which Cazoo offered me a brilliant £20100). Question: is my local dealer very slow in coming forward with a deal or are some people jumping the gun in placing orders without knowing price?
The prices and deals are on the MG website so I'm not sure what your dealer is unclear on?

My dealer has quoted prices that were confirmed on Friday. Any deal is subject to change if MG make incentives before delivery. Presumably ‘ illegal’ to drive before press day. Don‘t forget there is a deal for forum members with Chorley Group.

Hi all.

How many of you here have actually ordered the new long range model?
If you have, how was your order process, and what delivery date estimate have you been given? (if any!)

Thanks.
Think I’m going to order the SE , been offered a deal on on my MG5 that’s hard to refuse. Not bothered about the sunroof , don’t like the plastic seats so the SE looks like the best deal to me, oh and white I think, might as well save an extra £500.

What are you comparing it too.
Tom
In view of the virtual impossibility of comparing the specs and prices of different cars and factoring in individuals' personal needs and preferences I'd be on a hiding to nothing (been there, bought the t-shirt) to try to directly answer that.

Whilst it would be preferable to be able to get the government's contribution I won't force myself to choose only cars which fall into that price range.

My interest in MG was first sparked by the 5 which I've test driven and was impressed by. I sidetracked myself by shifting attention to the ZS facelift but after my initial excitement decided that there elements of its spec which didn't suit me. I'm not going to list them as they are likely to be of no interest to others who are quite happy with the offer.

I remain interested in a facelift 5 depending on the finalised spec when it arrives. I'd prefer it with the 70+ kwh battery and the full iSmart package rather than the Lite that it's currently specced with.

I'll look at the Toyota ev which will be announced properly in December and there a few others in the pipeline which may arrive before the uk sees the facelifted 5, such as the Ora Cherry, which might be of interest when more details of it become available.

In the meantime I've temporarily shifted attention away from replacing my 6 year old Outlander phev to that of our older Skoda Citigo, the Ora Cat is in the frame for that and if we go down that route and the Cat proves to be adequate for our needs I may well just keep the Outlander as a very useful short range electric vehicle.

I have gone for Battersea Blue in a Trophy trim ( 72 kw/h pack of course ).
I’ve gone for Battersea Blue / Trophy Connect but would have Artic White again if need be.
Only changing from Gen1 Zs EV because regular longer round trips are on the cards.
Blue isn't normally isn't my colour, but I think it looks really lovely on this facelift version. If it was only me driving I'd probably go for that shade myself or the red.

I can't charge at home, so for me the longer range will also give me a bit more time to go hunting for a place to top up.

I have posted previously about MG swtching to using 'here' as their connected services provider.
One pertinent inclusion is here's EV Charge Points;

View attachment 5595
The capabilities of the 'here' system are quite impressive, therefore I feel that even if not benefiting immediately, future features might well be worth the additional outlay.

I read somewhere that in Thailand, MGs previously used TomTom's live services with a 4G LTE connection, but the new here system uses 5G. How true that is, I don't know, but as it is a factory fit option in the UK, there surely must be some hardware differences.
Use of Here is the part I'm the most interested in - there's great potential there if developed well. Since it's factory fit, I'll be going with the connect option.

I recently sold my ZS EV at a good price and looking forward to testing the new one, if they offered an option to upgrade to the red leather seats that the HS plug in has then this would seal it for me, yes there are better cars out there, but at 2 to 3 times the price, although I could wait to see the new Tesla model 2 for the price of that, although reliability is an issue for me

I recently sold my ZS EV at a good price and looking forward to testing the new one, if they offered an option to upgrade to the red leather seats that the HS plug in has then this would seal it for me, yes there are better cars out there, but at 2 to 3 times the price, although I could wait to see the new Tesla model 2 for the price of that, although reliability is an issue for me
I think the options list is pretty much a non existent thing TBH.
There is small accessory list, but that's about it !.
Regarding the price of the car, you are spot on.

tried the new model but was as boring as the old one. The positive is that we sold our zs ev today for the same price we gave 1.5 years ago. tried marvel and it is a completely different world, if we buy mg again then it will be marvel r

In view of the virtual impossibility of comparing the specs and prices of different cars and factoring in individuals' personal needs and preferences I'd be on a hiding to nothing (been there, bought the t-shirt) to try to directly answer that.

Whilst it would be preferable to be able to get the government's contribution I won't force myself to choose only cars which fall into that price range.

My interest in MG was first sparked by the 5 which I've test driven and was impressed by. I sidetracked myself by shifting attention to the ZS facelift but after my initial excitement decided that there elements of its spec which didn't suit me. I'm not going to list them as they are likely to be of no interest to others who are quite happy with the offer.

I remain interested in a facelift 5 depending on the finalised spec when it arrives. I'd prefer it with the 70+ kwh battery and the full iSmart package rather than the Lite that it's currently specced with.

I'll look at the Toyota ev which will be announced properly in December and there a few others in the pipeline which may arrive before the uk sees the facelifted 5, such as the Ora Cherry, which might be of interest when more details of it become available.

In the meantime I've temporarily shifted attention away from replacing my 6 year old Outlander phev to that of our older Skoda Citigo, the Ora Cat is in the frame for that and if we go down that route and the Cat proves to be adequate for our needs I may well just keep the Outlander as a very useful short range electric vehicle.
Interested also to see the Cupra Born in Dec as a comparison.

tried the new model but was as boring as the old one. The positive is that we sold our zs ev today for the same price we gave 1.5 years ago. tried marvel and it is a completely different world, if we buy mg again then it will be marvel r
Strange that, you find the Marvel R more acceptable and not as boring as a car, that is almost twice the price you paid, for your original ZS EV ?????.
Even stranger that you bothered to even take time to test drive the new model in the first place, if you was so dissatisfied with the first model ??.
It's very much the same car really, what where you expecting ?.
Too much is the answer clearly here I think.
Are well - there you go 🤷‍♂️ !.

All about personal preferences, personally I think the Gen 1 ZS EV is great and therefore the facelift version will be better.

Hi all.

How many of you here have actually ordered the new long range model?
If you have, how was your order process, and what delivery date estimate have you been given? (if any!)

Thanks.
Hi all,

I ordered my upgraded long range model yesterday, delivery any time from January onwards. My existing MG Exclusive EV has been taken in exchange, the current mileage is only 4800, full service with Gardex protection. Surprised by PX offer of of £21,000, thought it may have been more. Look forward to the longer range model, it should be the silver colour model. Order process rather hectic as the branch is having a sales promotion week, friendly staff.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom