MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

Does that mean taking them to court? Won't that get drawn out and there's a chance you'll lose and have to pay court fee and suck up the loss?
Go to or threaten to go to the trade body and perhaps the finance ombudsman. You need to be serious about that and prepared (selling regulations and conditions set by any trade body they are with) before talking to the dealer, explaining how they have let you down by poor process. I did the same over a different matter and my dealership took the line of least resistance and compensated me adequately.

Hi all. New member here, been lurking for a while but thought it was time I registered.

I ordered a white Trophy LR via Vanarama on 10th December. Initially told it would be end of April for delivery as they had placed an order with MG for a number of vehicles and I would be allocated one of those. I could pay £2 less a month but I could wait a year for it! Obviously went for the slightly higher cost.

Received an email last week saying car should be with dealer by 7th April and I’d receive it soon after, so will wait and see what happens.

Think I’ve got a decent deal and I’m getting a free charger installed and 1yr free insurance. Way more expensive now compared to when I ordered. Can post the figures if anyone is interested. Anyone else ordered from Vanarama?
Ordered 13th December via Vanarama, just before the grant change. Looks like I got the same deal as you except I took the free BP Pulse credit as I already have a charger at home.

Seems we're all being told April 7th? Don't know if that's reassuring, or concerning...

Ordered 13th December via Vanarama, just before the grant change. Looks like I got the same deal as you except I took the free BP Pulse credit as I already have a charger at home.

Seems we're all being told April 7th? Don't know if that's reassuring, or concerning...
Yeah I’m assuming Vanarama use one dealer in particular and that’s why we’re all being told the same date.

Who knows, maybe we’ll all get our cars on the same day.

Yes....ordered Trophy Connect 3rd Dec 21........new email proposed delivery date 3rd Jun 22.
Sure someone on here said that the Connects were delayed further because of one chip. Could be the reason for later date?

Yeah I’m assuming Vanarama use one dealer in particular and that’s why we’re all being told the same date.

Who knows, maybe we’ll all get our cars on the same day.

Sure someone on here said that the Connects were delayed further because of one chip. Could be the reason for later date?
Has anyone managed to identify which dealer Vanarama use?

Yeah - Miles has posted on another thread that they expect some SE and std Trophy LR models in the next few weeks, but Trophy I-Connect models / orders are delayed due to chip shortages.

I don't care about any deluge of comments here.

I have decided that, following too many wasted hours of research, however attractive the current offering may appear to be that it is a tarted up last generation electric vehicle which generates, on this forum alone, even today only, countless complaints relating to a large number of issues.

It doesn't matter to me how happy some may be with their examples, I'm not prepared to take the risk.

My Outlander phev remains faultless so I think we'll keep that and trade in swmbo's Skoda for an Ora Cat GT or something similar.

Specs much more in common with expectations of a modern bev.

In my opinion.
Bye. Have fun on the CAT forum. Maybe if you don’t buy one you can moan about that one as well.

Hi All, I have been enjoying browsing the fantastic forum over the past few weeks. We were hoping to be becoming MG owners within the coming weeks. Ordered a Dynamic Red LR Exclusive in December from a dealer here in the west of Ireland with a delivery date of late-February to mid-March. A telephone call to the dealer in early-January confirmed nothing had changed on the expected delivery date and i was told we would be contacted in January about home charger installation that comes with the car here . Having heard nothing and reading about delays on here I contacted the dealer 10 days ago and was told that we are now looking at an August delivery. Needless to say I was not very happy with this and that there had been no communication from the dealer until I called them. Any similar experiences or otherwise from here in Ireland?

When did you order? And from where? Not Jelous at all! 😉 Enjoy!
Hi, Mine has been in the UK for a while now. I put down a big deposit when it arrived and my dealer held onto the car. Having now got the rest of the money together I am now a very happy owner. I have had both the earlier MG ZS EV and the earlier MG5. The new ZS EV is definitely a step up.

My order of a red Trophy Connect LR was made on the 24th January, and was quoted end of May. Might get it July, august or September. Hopefully some time this year.

Am I one of the luckiest ones? Ordered 23rd Jan. Car was ready on 1 Feb. Collected 3rd Feb. I think I just happenned to be in the right place at the right time! Though its a black Trophy SR and not a LR, still very pleased and happy with everything. Just need to plan a long journey well to manage the range. Thats it. So far so good and Ive been a pleased and proud owner.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom