MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

I was completely won over by the ZS , it just agreed with me , as recently as six weeks ago had no real intention to buy
My wife is a nightmare for choosing a new car. Always finds something wrong, but she loved it (apart from the lane assist).

Will be ordering a Trophy long range in blue subject to an agreeable part ex on her Mazda.

We (first ev for the wife) just tested the new long range model. Couldn’t fault it apart from the annoying lane assist in motorways. You can turn it off , but does it stay off. MG has a fantastic discount for public sector workers as well
On the original ZS EV - If you push on the end of the blue button, that is on the short stork on the left hand side of the steering column, it will disable the lane keep for that trip.
But when you power the car down and then power up again, it will reinstate it again.
The good news is, you can turn it OFF completely in the settings in the head unit :giggle: .

My wife is a nightmare for choosing a new car. Always finds something wrong, but she loved it (apart from the lane assist).

Will be ordering a Trophy long range in blue subject to an agreeable part ex on her Mazda.
I ordered red as couldn't decide between red and blue , were I to now change to blue , delivery would be January next year

I ordered red as couldn't decide between red and blue , were I to now change to blue , delivery would be January next year
Our current ZS EV ( first Gen ) Exclusive is in Dynamic red.
I have received a lot of comments on how nice the colour looks !.
In the summer, when it is washed and polished to it's best, it really looks at it's best.
We have gone for Battersea blue for our LR Trophy this time.
Just for a change of colour really ?.
It was a bit of an "Odd's on Favourite" that MG would pick a new shade of blue for the face lift model, our that's what I was hoping for !.
Red / Black / White was always going to figure in the line up.
So my money was on a different shade of blue coming along.
BINGO ! - Battersea blue replaced the much lighter ( original ZS EV launch colour ) favoured Pimlico blue.
Battersea blue was already being used on the face lifted ZS ICE model, so the writing was already on the wall really.
The interior on the ZS ICE face lift is very close to the face lift ZS EV model.

Last edited:
How much did you pay for the car if you don’t mind me asking?
One dealer in the north sold a trophy in blue for £29995. It was sold before I ring them . Another dealer near London had a pre reg trophy in black sold for £33K. I spotted a trophy in white asking £30K in Hendy but they wont release it until June. Due to my current car failed MOT and the cost of repair is 1K, I decided to pay £32K for the connect version at another Hendy. I am sure there will be some nearly new trophy just under £30K once the first batch arrived.

Imposter syndrome alleviated a little....
Trophy LR in Monument Silver ordered from Luscombes of Leeds - excellent service from test drive to order. Was one of few left in their November batch so hope to get it before the height of summer. If anyone catches me wishing for the ship updates, in any thread, then please feel free to berate me for doing so. 🗯️

I was thinking of getting a ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect got a price £30,214 on the affinity Programme discount £500 deposit but it could take till September what you think
Thats a good deal! But are you willing to wait till Sept? I paid £26500 for SR Trophy under affinity. The difference of WLTP range is about 74 miles between SR and LR. If you are ok with 199 miles then there may be some SR's available with some dealers. Check MG live stock checker on their website. Some of them may be demo cars and the stock numbers may not be 100% accurate but it gives a good indication of the stock and worth a try.

Thats a good deal! But are you willing to wait till Sept? I paid £26500 for SR Trophy under affinity. The difference of WLTP range is about 74 miles between SR and LR. If you are ok with 199 miles then there may be some SR's available with some dealers. Check MG live stock checker on their website. Some of them may be demo cars and the stock numbers may not be 100% accurate but it gives a good indication of the stock and worth a try.
Is affinity programme £2000 off the list price?

Is affinity programme £2000 off the list price?
If this pricing is correct, it seems to be more than that depending on trim choice:

I think it is applied incrementally depending on trim level/price. The higher the list price the greater the discount.

WE all seem to be wishing our lives away waiting for deliveries 🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞
Not me. I haven't ordered :LOL:
I'm waiting for the dust to settle, when dealers have stock, I can't stand waiting for something.
Maybe 2023 ?

WE all seem to be wishing our lives away waiting for deliveries 🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞
Mine is due a few weeks before my current car has to go back so going to be very awkward if the date slips much more.
Would have to consider cancelling the order and sorting out a different vehicle (or keeping this one a while longer) as we can't get away without having a car, even for a few weeks.

Mine is due a few weeks before my current car has to go back so going to be very awkward if the date slips much more.
Would have to consider cancelling the order and sorting out a different vehicle (or keeping this one a while longer) as we can't get away without having a car, even for a few weeks.
Have you considered a monthly subscription from ONTO? If I sell my Kona privately, I will need a car for a few weeks before my Trophy is delivered. They do a VW E-Up or Renault Zoe for under £400 a month with everything included. A lot cheaper than renting a car.

Have you considered a monthly subscription from ONTO? If I sell my Kona privately, I will need a car for a few weeks before my Trophy is delivered. They do a VW E-Up or Renault Zoe for under £400 a month with everything included. A lot cheaper than renting a car.
Thanks for that. Good to know about ONTO. Just in case 😶

Yep but being cheap and lazy if I'm paying for a car I'd rather it was one I was keeping ;)
Joking aside it is something I'm considering and all depends on how long a delay we're looking at.

Main issue is that I can't make a decision on what happens to the old car until I know a date. Leaning towards one of the car buying websites as the current valuations will pay off the balloon and give me a reasonable chunk toward the initial payments on the MG. Handing it back is easier but I'll pay an excess mileage fee which is getting bigger the longer I have to wait.

Hi all.

How many of you here have actually ordered the new long range model?
If you have, how was your order process, and what delivery date estimate have you been given? (if any!)

Thanks.
I ordered a LR Trophy in Dynamic Red on Tuesday this week, hoping for delivery in June?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom