MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

The demo was a LR trophy and not a connect which I was surprised about but not fussed at all its some additional services that tbh I would never use anyway !
I have a standard LR Trophy in blue on order.
We currently have a Dynamic red Gen 1 which is now over two years old and covered 18,000 miles.

I’m living in the wrong country! How much is the gov grant in France?
6.000€ for cars under 45k, then it’s 2.000€ for cars from 46k to 60k€
Then from 61k€ and up, we don’t have a grant anymore
When I bought my e208 in November 2020, the grant was 7.000€, but it was reduced since July 2021

We also have a 1.000€ grant for used EVs, if they are at least 2 years old

I was thinking of getting a ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect got a price £30,214 on the affinity Programme discount £500 deposit but it could take till September what you think

6.000€ for cars under 45k, then it’s 2.000€ for cars from 46k to 60k€
Then from 61k€ and up, we don’t have a grant anymore
When I bought my e208 in November 2020, the grant was 7.000€, but it was reduced since July 2021

We also have a 1.000€ grant for used EVs, if they are at least 2 years old
Man I’m so jealous of that! 🤩

Unfortunately, I totally lost out on the UK grant... Missed it by 2 days 😢 (ZS Trophy Connect in blue - only the SE attracts the grant now.)

Yes! today was the day. I picked up my MG ZS luxury from the dealer. Ordered at the end of November and picked up at the end of January. fits. Long range. silver. trophy Connect
Congrats - hope you enjoy it! Would be great if you and other new owners can share how you get along with it over the next few months.

certainly. I'll be making videos and reporting soon. Driven 260 km back from dealer. Consumption 23 kWh per 100km. Speed 120 kmh with cruise control
Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous😅😅, but eventually my time will come.

Look forward to updates - it really is appreciated! Have fun

beautiful day

Attachments

• IMG-20220129-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220129-WA0000.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 188
Exactly this . When I was there Thursday signing paperwork they had 5 enquiries about the car and 3 other hendy dealerships had already sold their demos .
I am new here. Just bought a 1190 miles trophy connect in sliver from Hendy last week. I haven't seen the car yet as the dealer is 200 miles away from my home. They will deliver it to me next Tuesday for £280. I drive 2000 miles a month and intend to keep it for 3 years. Not sure what will be the residual value after 3 years 72K miles on the clock. Hopefully £15K? I think ev will save me £6K in petrol cost during 3 years.

I’m living in the wrong country! How much is the gov grant in France?
We currently get 27% of the purchase price (up to a maximum of 6k) for sub 45k car. After that it's a flat 2k. There is also a 2.5k scrappage grant for certain petrol and diesel cars, so any of the MGs here in France qualify for up to 8.5k in government incentives (before any dealer negotiated incentives). The only requirement being that the car is not to be sold within 6 months of purchase or before having traveled at least 6,000 km - pretty generous I think!

There is a flat 1k grant of second hand EVs (if they qualified for the grant originally, they must be at least 2 years old), but that's not such a great deal here as the majority of used cars at sensible money here are Zoe's and, almost without exception, they have leased batteries, so buying a second hand Zoe can work out almost the same price as purchasing an new EV when you add in the lease costs.

The grant was due to end last year, but has been extended but I believe it will now drop by 1k each year until zero from June 22.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 11.30.33.png

We currently get 27% of the purchase price (up to a maximum of 6k) for sub 45k car. After that it's a flat 2k. There is also a 2.5k scrappage grant for certain petrol and diesel cars, so any of the MGs here in France qualify for up to 8.5k in government incentives (before any dealer negotiated incentives). The only requirement being that the car is not to be sold within 6 months of purchase or before having traveled at least 6,000 km - pretty generous I think!

There is a flat 1k grant of second hand EVs (if they qualified for the grant originally, they must be at least 2 years old), but that's not such a great deal here as the majority of used cars at sensible money here are Zoe's and, almost without exception, they have leased batteries, so buying a second hand Zoe can work out almost the same price as purchasing an new EV when you add in the lease costs.

The grant was due to end last year, but has been extended but I believe it will now drop by 1k each year until zero from June 22.

View attachment 6671
Do the French dealers inflate the OTR before the French grant?

Before the grant, what is the list price of an equivalent model? ie French ZS EV LR excite v UK ZS EV LR SE?

Do the French dealers inflate the OTR before the French grant?

Before the grant, what is the list price of an equivalent model? ie French ZS EV LR excite v UK ZS EV LR SE?
We don't get an 'Excite' we get two models, a comfort (equivalent to your SE) and Luxury (equivalent to the UK's Trophy Connect) - there is no equiv to the standard Trophy. Each model can be ordered in standard or extended range, so we have a total of four combinations.

There is no dealer inflation going on, everyone is selling at list prices here which are, I believe, slightly lower than in the UK; for example, list price for a ZS EV Luxury LR is €36,990, so that's around £30,825 at today's exchange rates. The only addition to those prices is the registration fee (which can be brutal in France depending on the car and the department one lives in as it's set locally), but that is waived for EVs in all but 2 departments, so it's just €13 for the dealer to submit the paperwork.

We got the government €6k plus a dealer incentive of €1800 off the list price of ours, I doubt that we could have got the Trophy Connect in the UK for that price.

What the dealers are here is somewhat economical with the truth when it comes to build times and deliver dates and once they have your money then it's complete radio silence. That said, 'customer service' is, in general, not a phase that is known and understood here, the whole after sales experience here ("well you brought it, hence it's your problem. What do you expect me to do about it?") takes a lot of getting used to if you have known it in the UK

List price and specs in France here: https://mgmotor.fr/storage/images/model/product-sheets/Fiche-Produit-Nouveau-ZS-au-18-11-2021.pdf

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom