• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Servicing Costs

Guys,
I picked up my car last week and there is no service book with the car. Is this something that is no longer required as the info is stored on a central data base or do they give you a book on the first service?

Thanks

Guys,
I picked up my car last week and there is no service book with the car. Is this something that is no longer required as the info is stored on a central data base or do they give you a book on the first service?

Thanks

No, there's no book anymore. I have heard that some dealers will provide a paper book and stamp it for you if you ask them nicely though.

Also, does the service plan transfer with the car if you sell it?

I just had the service today from MG Guildford, 132.00 pounds, I just asked them what they are doing at service, he told me just checking the car anything wrong with it. No filter no oil nothing. I think it is too much for a check up 👹👹

Don’t forget that 20% of that will be VAT. Most garages charge well over £100 per hour - with the “premium 🤔” German marques even more than that. So for what’s essentially labour then it represents better value than the recent £280 service on SWMBO‘s Corsa - ok, that included oil & a couple of filters .......

I was told that the drivetrain fluid as well as the battery coolant is changed on one of the services - not sure at what mileage/interval though. Don’t you also get continued breakdown cover as part of the service? The body is also checked for warranty issues I believe.

I was told that the drivetrain fluid as well as the battery coolant is changed on one of the services - not sure at what mileage/interval though. Don’t you also get continued breakdown cover as part of the service? The body is also checked for warranty issues I believe.
It’s the third service from what I recall at 36,000 miles. I’m also lead to believe that with every service you get another years AA support by MG.

I agree swapping out a complete battery is a simple and pretty risk free procedure. My point above was that there is no way dealer technicians are going to be doing any servicing to a battery itself that involves opening the case! ;)
I have got a quote for a monthly service plan for 3 years and 5 years (see 5 years quote attached) . There is discount on yearly service cost, if you take out the plan ( e.g. 1st and 3rd year service cost is £135 and with service plan about £95) . 5 year plan is about $14.50 per month and 3 year plan is £12.40 per month. I think the risk is of paying monthly and if 'eDynamix' company providing service pack, goes under. Another factor, how long you would keep the car, 'eDynamix' will give you refund if you sell early. I am not sure, prices quoted to Mark are for service plan or at the time of service. Both of us bought from same dealer, however I was quoted current service price of £135 first and 3rd and 5th year and 2nd and 4th year I can not remember in December 2020, and definitely cheaper with service plan.

Attachments

• Quote3519787LX70NJF29122020ADAMRUSELL_.pdf
    358.7 KB · Views: 201
First year service for MG ZS EV should be £0.00
The official service plan shows nothing to be carried out. (Attached)

Compare with MG ZS (ICE) official service plan (attached) which shows change: oil, oil filter, sump washer, for which you pay £140 to £170 depending on dealership.

To meet the MG EV official service plan requirements nothing needs to be done. A vat registered independent garage could do nothing to the car, charge a £20 admin fee for providing an invoice that the service was carried out as per manufacturers service plan and the cars warranty would be intact.

Any views on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-15-15-05-32-278_com.android.chrome~4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-15-15-05-32-278_com.android.chrome~4.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_2021-01-15-15-21-35-714_com.android.chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-15-15-21-35-714_com.android.chrome~2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 223
That’s interesting. Do you have a link to the source of the service detail please?

I have got a quote for a monthly service plan for 3 years and 5 years (see 5 years quote attached) . There is discount on yearly service cost, if you take out the plan ( e.g. 1st and 3rd year service cost is £135 and with service plan about £95) . 5 year plan is about $14.50 per month and 3 year plan is £12.40 per month. I think the risk is of paying monthly and if 'eDynamix' company providing service pack, goes under. Another factor, how long you would keep the car, 'eDynamix' will give you refund if you sell early. I am not sure, prices quoted to Mark are for service plan or at the time of service. Both of us bought from same dealer, however I was quoted current service price of £135 first and 3rd and 5th year and 2nd and 4th year I can not remember in December 2020, and definitely cheaper with service plan.
Interesting got mine booked in for next month Mas.

Dr Dave - 1st service an inspection service and useful to highlight any flaws on your car. Some piece of mind. Unlikely to show up much, but useful to know.

Service Plans - please don't get them through a dealer-only scheme, bypassing the one run for MG via their website. If your dealer folds, you could lose the money.

Dr Dave - 1st service an inspection service and useful to highlight any flaws on your car. Some piece of mind. Unlikely to show up much, but useful to know.
Service schedule does not say anything about an inspection or what is inspected. If this is part of the service and charged for the customer, within the terms of contract, is entitled to know what they are being charged for.

To maintain warranty (which is the point I am making) only the items listed to be carried out in the service schedule ( using manufacturers original parts) need to be carried out. The MG service schedule on the MG website shows nothing to be done for a first service.

It would appear some are being charged up to £135 for an inspection. We have on idea what the 'inspection' entails. This situation is very unsatisfactory.

I looked at the MG service plans and was shocked to see that the total cost of the service plan is greater than the cost of individual services by more than £70 due to a £1.20 per week management charge (have a look at your quote and you'll see it).

As such I've opted to pay for them individually, noting what the should roughly cost from the service plan quote.

Yea but....

My thoughts were that if I am paying £23 grand ish for a new car, the extra service plan cost is negligible.

And then you have the right person to blame if things go wrong.. :)

Service Plans - please don't get them through a dealer-only scheme, bypassing the one run for MG via their website. If your dealer folds, you could lose the money.
However MG are charging you over £70 (£1.20 for each month of service plan on top of the cost of service) for the privilege of committing to use their services!?!!!

Making a commitment to the likes of a service plan should give a benefit and the plan from MG does not. It's basically a money maker for them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom