MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

so people getting them early are literally just lucky that they were able to pick up a cancelled order that nobody else wanted for whatever reason

MG's fault for their dumb raffle at the port; we can hardly blame the salesman for buying more tickets so he keeps his job or on target earnings.

I had a bit of a mix up with my actual order date and contacted my dealership and this is what they said regarding pre-orders, which may clarify things:

ā€œIt was actually ordered in December by our systems but didnā€™t get pushed through until January and then I allocated it to you end of March.
MG have changed the way we order/pre order cars now so where as before we would order a load of cars in our dealerships names as stock and as and when they sell allocate them to you but now we are not aloud to do that and can ONLY order cars based on sold orders, I got in there before this changed with your car so you had one of the earlier ones coming.ā€

I for one im happy for securing a pre-order, although some may not be so happy šŸ˜¬ but i guess the fact they are no longer able to do this since December time may be reassuring to some.

I had a bit of a mix up with my actual order date and contacted my dealership and this is what they said regarding pre-orders, which may clarify things:

ā€œIt was actually ordered in December by our systems but didnā€™t get pushed through until January and then I allocated it to you end of March.
MG have changed the way we order/pre order cars now so where as before we would order a load of cars in our dealerships names as stock and as and when they sell allocate them to you but now we are not aloud to do that and can ONLY order cars based on sold orders, I got in there before this changed with your car so you had one of the earlier ones coming.ā€

I for one im happy for securing a pre-order, although some may not be so happy šŸ˜¬ but i guess the fact they are no longer able to do this since December time may be reassuring to some.
I ordered in November and my est del is July... so I really don't know what to make of this reason by your dealer...

A number of people don't realise they're going to benefit from the fact dealers were ordering for stock. As I've said before - this way of working is nothing new. Good luck to you, hopefully you don't wait too long šŸ˜

I just fill any stock surplus should be offered to existing customers before they put out to the open market and then the same can happen when the original order arrives but profits will always come 1st new customers are more Ā£ so it won't change and old customers will just have to wait

I wrote an email to MG last week and they just replied:
"
Thank you for getting in touch.

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm it is currently on shortage awaiting factory build and we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production commences.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders.

Please continue to follow up with your purchasing dealership for delivery updates, in the meantime, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive."

Not sure what " on shortage awaiting factory build" actual means but my June delivery looks out of the question.

I think this is a standard response as I have seen a few others have received it too.

I wrote an email to MG last week and they just replied:
"
Thank you for getting in touch.

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm it is currently on shortage awaiting factory build and we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production commences.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders.

Please continue to follow up with your purchasing dealership for delivery updates, in the meantime, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive."

Not sure what " on shortage awaiting factory build" actual means but my June delivery looks out of the question.

I think this is a standard response as I have seen a few others have received it too.
On shortage awaiting factory build basically means they lack some of the crucial components to be able to build your car... so they haven't started it yet... think of it like cooking a chicken roast but nowhere has the chicken... You have no option but to wait because you can't cook the rest of it until you have the chicken.

I ordered in November and my est del is July... so I really don't know what to make of this reason by your dealer...
Thatā€™s not the full email, the email exchange was with regards to an error on the order date on my order form, it was not relating to the delivery time. I only ordered end of March so I dont expect my order anytime soon and im happy to wait up until November max šŸ˜… But yes, the estimated delivery, at the time I ordered, was July, this has now been pushed to August/Septmeber, and I imagine even further given the fact that November orders haven't even been fulfilled yet.
I just fill any stock surplus should be offered to existing customers before they put out to the open market and then the same can happen when the original order arrives but profits will always come 1st new customers are more Ā£ so it won't change and old customers will just have to wait
Sounds like MG stopped allowing dealerships from ordering cars for stock and are only taking orders and have even stopped takinng orders on particular models in order to manage the overwhelming demand. But like you said new customers means more money šŸ’° but at the moment they arent getting any money as they arent delivering any cars šŸ¤Ŗ

Sounds like MG stopped allowing dealerships from ordering cars for stock and are only taking orders and have even stopped takinng orders on particular models in order to manage the overwhelming demand.
I think a couple of other dealers confirmed that too, and it's the right way to go considering they're so far behind. If not for that, nobody would notice.

Nothing to gain by being salty about it really - people can always write to MG and make their feelings known. As I said, I think they have a great product - it's the customer care that's lacking...

Hope this delivery estimate refers to new, rather than existing, orders through Vanarama
View attachment 8130
What's annoying is that the LR SE version is quoted as 4-5 months, at 4 months that's sooner than the Sept date I am now advised from my November Vanarama order! If shortage of chips was the main issue with builds we should have seen an influx of SE deliveries, instead looking at the thread on orders/deliveries it looks like trophy model's are the main version arriving with presumably more chips!

Iā€™m like everyone else, I want to go to the dealership but every time I go, Iā€™m always told, ā€œyouā€™ll be the first to knowā€ last couple of times I was told by the salesman to expect the car Mayā€¦the next time I go, heā€™s not there, so speak to manager, he tells me they donā€™t even have a VIN number for the car, which sort of tells me itā€™s not even built yetā€¦I donā€™t suppose anyone know what batch MG are building at the minute, I mean that would helpā€¦Iā€™m lucky my car that I sold to MG isnā€™t due a MOT till October, only trouble is, it needs a least two new tyres on it (a little bit bald on the front) I donā€™t want to buy two new ones, as I know as soon as I do, the ZS will turn upā€¦Iā€™ve always been lucky that wayā€¦went to buy the ZS EV the day after the government grant stoppedā€¦šŸ˜©

ā€¦Iā€™m lucky my car that I sold to MG isnā€™t due a MOT till October, only trouble is, it needs a least two new tyres on it (a little bit bald on the front) I donā€™t want to buy two new ones, as I know as soon as I do, the ZS will turn upā€¦Iā€™ve always been lucky that wayā€¦went to buy the ZS EV the day after the government grant stoppedā€¦šŸ˜©
The answer is plain to see.... If you want your MG get those tyres bought now!! šŸ‘

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom