MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

It's amazing how MG have managed to build all these MG4's to completion and ready for shipping to Europe with all the build shortages there are at the moment. I wonder how many parts from other models have gone into finishing their flagship new car.
It's possible they were early enough in the design and engineering phase over the last 2 years that they've designed the systems around the parts with the shortages.

So bizarre that dealers STILL have adverts on Autotrader stating specififc models with stock - long after they've stated these are no longer available, both on the phone and on here.

Either they are terrible at keeping Autotrader up to date, or these cars are available: Both can't be true.

At the very least there's some advertising sort of breach here. This is my exact car, still on there, and apparently it doesn't exist, and yet 'BRAND NEW - IN STOCK'.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 08.55.09.png

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 08.49.21.png

It's possible they were early enough in the design and engineering phase over the last 2 years that they've designed the systems around the parts with the shortages.
My thoughts exactly, also although the pic looks impressive, that is only approx 120 vehicles which in the grand scheme of things is nothing. That bunch would only just about cover what they would need for demonstrator stock in the UK.

So bizarre that dealers STILL have adverts on Autotrader stating specififc models with stock - long after they've stated these are no longer available, both on the phone and on here.

Either they are terrible at keeping Autotrader up to date, or these cars are available: Both can't be true.

At the very least there's some advertising sort of breach here. This is my exact car, still on there, and apparently it doesn't exist, and yet 'BRAND NEW - IN STOCK'.

View attachment 9824

View attachment 9823
Just checked Luscombe website direct and it's not in stock says available in 3+ months.

Just checked Luscombe website direct and it's not in stock says available in 3+ months.
That Ad for a Trophy Connect shouldnt even exist anymore, as the model doesn't exist (its only SE and Trophy now) so if they are planning on still selling connects, that dealer has to be relying on some stock orders, which they shouldnt be allowed to sell anymore, or cancelled orders...

I've saw a few comments about lease deals not been as important as a PCP, cash, hp etc but I spoke to my dealer regarding this and she said they don't see it as a lease on the system they just see my finance company which is mg finance it may be different for certain companies but mine was ordered direct from the main dealer hope that helps

I was told that the discounts negotiated by the big lease company’s mean that the margin is very low.

When a garage obtains a stock car with nobody’s name on it they absolutely have a choice.
Give it back to MG UK and say we have a spare car for you to distribute to the person who has the oldest order for this car.
Swap the car onto a person in there own order book who is a via a lease company and make very little margin. Also risk paying a fine, but if you are a special dealer this will not be applied.
Swap the car onto a person in there own order book who is a direct buyer but may have an agreed lower list price agreed and make some margin.
Sell to a new buyer at the current list price and make really good margin.

It is their choice and I am fairly confident they will choose the last option.

We know that one of our members previously saw an advert for a stock car in Southampton. He went down to the dealer and saw the car which was his exact specification. He asked to be swapped onto the car and was told it was not possible because of the grant. This is when we found out that some salespersons do not tell the truth all the time.

It's just a shame that they didn't have a bit more forward thinking before releasing the ZS EV Long Range model then.

It's just a shame that they didn't have a bit more forward thinking before releasing the ZS EV Long Range model then.
The design limitations of a facelift against an 'all new' model are fairly extreme.

When designing a facelift (like the ZS), your advantage is speed as you dont have to redesign every part of the car, only the bits you are planning to improve, the disadvantage (especially in this case) is that a large proportion of the parts remain constant, so you have limitation with what you can do and if there are any sourcing issues, they will remain.

An 'all new' model (like the 4), every part is designed from the ground up, so you can make sourcing decisions based on predicted short term market trends, disadvantage is that its a lot more labour intensive to design.

It is also possible that they scavenged parts off the thousands of incomplete cars so they can get the new demonstrators to the dealers. SAIC will have their own priorities to gain as much market share as possible. Anything is possible.

Been told not to think about booking a test drive of the 4 in hindsight we probs would have bought this car over our current order x2 but with all the bs, waiting and lack of communication we won't bother, shame though, maybe sneak a test drive when they've got plenty of preregistered stock avaliable, no doubt before our ZS ev arrives.

Update from MG- my LRTC #teamwhite is at sea(!) and is expected end August/early Sept.

Knock me down with a f’n feather.

(Obvs won’t believe it until I have the keys in my grubby paws)

ETA- in other news, does anybody still waiting want my ‘21 Corsa E?
You ordered yours about the same time as I ordered mine. Hope and anticipation is growing, but I'll still wait patiently........ (Where do I find emoticons?)

I’m stuck with Vanaram now, got installers putting free charger in just now😬.
Can’t see it getting used for a while though🥺

View attachment 9824

View attachment 9823

The ‘BRAND NEW - IN STOCK’ is Auto Trader’s wording not ours. We have no control over it and can’t remove it.

For context, Auto Trader’s new car listing started life as a physical stock locator, designed to show what physical stock is on the ground and available to drive away today.

Clearly, this product is unviable today given nobody has any stock ready to drive away. Now it is used as a way to advertise what is available. Ie, MG ZS EV was unavailable to order for a few months, so many dealers took their adverts off.

I have asked AutoTrader to remove it several times given the annoyance it causes and phone calls we get asking why we’re saying the car is in stock if it isn’t, but it appears to fall on deaf ears.

Ahhh fair, although if your lease is through MG then that would be why MG finance comes up. My leave is with OctopusEV so, like Vanarama/Tusker it would be easy to single out as a lease deal and therefore low value/less important than looking after a direct private customer.
vanarama are just a broker so not sure they would know. Vanarama use various finance companies, mine is hitachi capital. Not sure if hc are just a finance company or have lease vehicles so dealer may not know although the vanarama ones appear to be going one dealer that doesn’t have an MG franchise so I’m assuming they know they are all lease

It's amazing how MG have managed to build all these MG4's to completion and ready for shipping to Europe with all the build shortages there are at the moment. I wonder how many parts from other models have gone into finishing their flagship new car.
Track EVs looks to be an interesting Twitter feed.

just got a call from the dealer offing me a substitute car for the one i have on order its a silver trophy LR instead of a white trophy connect LR
it will be here next month I am happy with that so will be accepting it now dose any one want to buy a mg5 SR next month

Call from my Kia dealer my Niro EV will be ready for pick up next Friday 29th July 2022. Estimated delivery was 1st August 2022 so not to shabby. Ordered 27th May 2022. Have cancelled my MG order with New Car Discount so anybody wanting a Silver trophy connect LR with the sunroof can call and ask for Nick.
Been looking at them. Did you get your deposit back?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom