MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I ordered on the 2nd November, complete with the applied for £2500 OZEV grant. My concern now is with the expiring OZEV grant which in my case expires on the 1st November (12 months after application). If I don't receive the car before then, the grant is lost. I'm sure I'm in the same situation as many others on the board.
I've been asking my dealer to push MG to allocate cars in the same order as when the OZEV grant was applied for. If enough dealers pushed for this, MG may perhaps listen. If this happened, it will help to reduce the number of customers who lose their OZEV grants due to the random allocation of cars by MG.
I am sure that a lot of dealers did not get the grant paperwork in on time including mine so maybe their in no rush to get the cars in 🤔 mine is TBA still ordered early Dec.

Hi all.

Is there anybody in this forum who has ordered any MG ZS EV through Octopus Salary Sacrifice since say around November 2021 onwards that has received their car. I ordered mine 22nd Dec and have now had it pushed to a range date of November 2022 - January 2023?

Thanks

that's longer than the boat takes to get here plus processing...hmm.
Remember that they are expecting many shiploads of cars to arrive in a short time. Maybe they are building in some leeway because there are only si many car carriers, drivers, people at dealerships to receive tem and do PDI, and maybe they're finally getting serious about doing needed updates, some of which can take a fair bit of wall time (even if the technician doesn't have to be 100% watching one update, s/he can do other things at the same time).

I ordered on the 2nd November, complete with the applied for £2500 OZEV grant. My concern now is with the expiring OZEV grant which in my case expires on the 1st November (12 months after application). If I don't receive the car before then, the grant is lost. I'm sure I'm in the same situation as many others on the board.
I've been asking my dealer to push MG to allocate cars in the same order as when the OZEV grant was applied for. If enough dealers pushed for this, MG may perhaps listen. If this happened, it will help to reduce the number of customers who lose their OZEV grants due to the random allocation of cars by MG.
MG attends to all orders by date - see extract from previous email from MG UK :-

MG fulfils customer orders including the retail and motability customer orders as per the oldest order date, however, the production date varies by car spec, hence it is not always comparable with other orders.

Info straight from the horses mouth - or before I am corrected - Donkey’s mouth.

Ship arrivals - nothing much happening.

According to Portbury expected arrivals there are only three on the way that have visited Shanghai.
Global Highway - 19th Aug (spent 26 hours in Shanghai on 18th July)
Swallow Ace - 31st Aug (spent 39 hours in Shanghai on 31st July)
Michigan Highway - 8th Sep (spent 4.5 hours in Shanghai on 2nd Aug)

Eurasian Highway was previously expected at Portbury which was in Shanghai for 12 hours on 7th Aug but has been removed of the expected arrivals list now.

There are three boats that have visited Shanghai and could possibly be updated to visit Portbury and are currently steaming towards Suez Canal which are:-
  • Titus
  • Boheme
  • Eurasian Highway

Another two to watch out for that have recently left Shanghai and are on route to Singapore are:-
  • Manon
  • Grand Vega
(Again not currently on expected arrivals list at Portbury)

MG attends to all orders by date - see extract from previous email from MG UK :-

MG fulfils customer orders including the retail and motability customer orders as per the oldest order date, however, the production date varies by car spec, hence it is not always comparable with other orders.

Info straight from the horses mouth - or before I am corrected - Donkey’s mouth.

Ship arrivals - nothing much happening.

According to Portbury expected arrivals there are only three on the way that have visited Shanghai.
Global Highway - 19th Aug (spent 26 hours in Shanghai on 18th July)
Swallow Ace - 31st Aug (spent 39 hours in Shanghai on 31st July)
Michigan Highway - 8th Sep (spent 4.5 hours in Shanghai on 2nd Aug)

Eurasian Highway was previously expected at Portbury which was in Shanghai for 12 hours on 7th Aug but has been removed of the expected arrivals list now.

There are three boats that have visited Shanghai and could possibly be updated to visit Portbury and are currently steaming towards Suez Canal which are:-
  • Titus
  • Boheme
  • Eurasian Highway

Another two to watch out for that have recently left Shanghai and are on route to Singapore are:-
  • Manon
  • Grand Vega
(Again not currently on expected arrivals list at Portbury)
I believe Titus will continue to Portbury, as SAIC's press release shows it taking the first batch of MG4's on board. This means it's likely to also be carrying other MG models.

I believe Titus will continue to Portbury, as SAIC's press release shows it taking the first batch of MG4's on board. This means it's likely to also be carrying other MG models.
You may be correct. Will keep an eye on it out of interest - is currently just heading for Suez. It spent 38 hours in Shanghai loading up with something?

Hi all.

Is there anybody in this forum who has ordered any MG ZS EV through Octopus Salary Sacrifice since say around November 2021 onwards that has received their car. I ordered mine 22nd Dec and have now had it pushed to a range date of November 2022 - January 2023?

Thanks
I ordered though OEV in March, Tophy Connect LR silver. I was told I had just missed out being allocated one of their pre-ordered stock so it would be a factory order. Original estimate on the tracker was 1st September. It updated to 31st December 2 weeks ago.

I had a call from them apologising profusely and saying they were having to make similar calls to around 300 customers, half of their ZS EV order book. They said MG have assured them this is now a realistic delivery estimate, but they have reminded me that it does remain an estimate.

I have to say, MG aside, the service I have received from OEV has been exemplary, although I am my companies 'master hirer' so dont know if that is affecting it!

Last edited:
I am sure that a lot of dealers did not get the grant paperwork in on time including mine so maybe their in no rush to get the cars in 🤔 mine is TBA still ordered early Dec.
No need to get paperwork in on time. The application is made when the car arrives. However if over 9 months, the dealer needs to then apply for an extension for those cars that will not arrive within 9 months. That is what I have been lead to understand.

No need to get paperwork in on time. The application is made when the car arrives. However if over 9 months, the dealer needs to then apply for an extension for those cars that will not arrive within 9 months. That is what I have been lead to understand.
You have been misled. Claims for the grant were supposed to be registered on a Government website when the order was placed. This would then be placed into "in progress" awaiting delivery at which point it would be paid. Note that each time the grant changed there was a 48 hour period for the dealer's admin to catch up.
After 9 but before 12 months the dealer has to effectively reinstate a claim as they are archived automatically at that point.
There have been a couple of cases where the dealer's admin has failed to claim the grant but the dealer has found the money for the customer. Whether there are cases where the dealer's trying to avoid that we have no way of knowing unless you make a subject access request to OZEV for when your details were entered.

I emailed MG for a laugh to check on progress.

My car hasn't even been built yet.

This is despite yesterday the Lease company checking the late September estimate with the dealer and saying yes, late September.

Conclusion:

The dealers have no idea.
The lease companies even less.
If you've been given September/October dates, take it with a pinch of salt.

Even if mine was built tomorrow, at the rates we've seen stuff come through (April builds arriving in July/August) I'll be fortunate to see it for November.

Absolutely not correct. The grant had to be applied for at the time the vehicle was ordered. The application would then sit as pending and would be approved on delivery, the application would effectively time out and auto decline at 9 months post order. If delivery took more than 9 months from point of order (at one point possibly extended to 12 months), then the dealer could apply for an extension, but not guarantee it would be granted (plus I am pretty sure now the scheme has ended they are not extending applications over the 12 months).

If the grant was not applied for within 48 hours of the announcement of it ending, then no grant. if you are expecting your dealer to apply and be awarded the grant in one hit when your car arrives, you are in for a nasty surprise.

IF by "paperwork on time" you mean attaching the VIN number to the grant application, yes that is done upon delivery, but that HAS to be for an existing application.

Hi all.

Thanks
I ordered in early January and have been pushed back too. I spoke with the Octopus rep (their customer service is outstanding) and they've told me there have been some ZS EV's trickling through and that some people who ordered have got their cars which is slightly promising. Apparently they're experiencing the same scenario as everyone else where out of the blue a few cars just turn up.

I ordered in early January and have been pushed back too. I spoke with the Octopus rep (their customer service is outstanding) and they've told me there have been some ZS EV's trickling through and that some people who ordered have got their cars which is slightly promising. Apparently they're experiencing the same scenario as everyone else where out of the blue a few cars just turn up.
Oh that is promising news.

Absolutely agree on the customer service front, feels like us OEV customers are having a better time with our lease provider than certain other, now banned from being mentioned in this thread, companies who begin with a 'v' ;-)

You have been misled. Claims for the grant were supposed to be registered on a Government website when the order was placed. This would then be placed into "in progress" awaiting delivery at which point it would be paid. Note that each time the grant changed there was a 48 hour period for the dealer's admin to catch up.
After 9 but before 12 months the dealer has to effectively reinstate a claim as they are archived automatically at that point.
There have been a couple of cases where the dealer's admin has failed to claim the grant but the dealer has found the money for the customer. Whether there are cases where the dealer's trying to avoid that we have no way of knowing unless you make a subject access request to OZEV for when your details were entered.
Thanks. I will wait and see - my salesperson has left the company and I ordered on Dec. 9 with 6 days to spare before the £2.5k vanished...

Update from me….

…..drum roll…..

…..wait for it…..

…Had a phone call, Moby Dick ™️ (White LRTC) is at my Donny-based dealer & my leasing firm are working out whether I can go & pick it up or have it delivered.

Don’t mind me, just doing a happy dance. After all this f’n time, almost in tears here.

In other news, anyone want a ‘21 Corsa E?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom