MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Ordered mine in Jan, told May/June thay came and went, then told Q1 next year, chased them up 2 weeks ago, it went from having an order number assigned to it to not having one and no build date and no potential delivery date.

Order cancelled, I'll stick with what I got, fed up up waiting and waiting now.

Ordered ZS trophy connect May 22, was told end of Sept, Luscombe/Tusker now telling me this week it'll be December 22
Your initial date doesn't seem like it was realistic unless it was a dealer order that had been placed and accepted by MG before they allocated it to you? In May there were (and still are now) people waiting for November orders...by that time MG were already giving me a 8-9 month lead time.

Just checked RGW, apparently they have stock LRSE model 🤔
I placed an order with them yesterday for one of them. Was told they only had a couple left in black but was advised the cars were in the UK and awaiting PDI. Told car would be delivered in September.
Had the same car on order since Feb with Arnold Clark telling me it would be coming in Oct but MG advising it's on build shortage and contact again in 2-3 months for an update. Will be cancelling that one now as current car going back next month.

Had contact from my dealer today, Barnes Canterbury, as he said he would. They have cars coming in September but can't tell me if mine is one of them. Don't know whether to be excited or pessimistic.

Had contact from my dealer today, Barnes Canterbury, as he said he would. They have cars coming in September but can't tell me if mine is one of them. Don't know whether to be excited or pessimistic.
Me too, same dealer, video message from my salesman. I think they are just hoping the rumours are true, like the rest of us!

Well, the deed is done. I visited the dealer today to find my order is still TBA, so I've cancelled.

However, some people never learn - and I'm one of them :rolleyes:.
I've only gone and reserve ordered an MG4 Trophy, that's all. Why, o why am I so weak :cry::)

My dealer has seven MG4s being delivered in September, one showroom car, one demonstrator and five for sale. He's not been told which model/colour combos though. However, if my choice (Orange Trophy) just happens to be one of the five, then I could be driving by October. Upside is the MG4 is more suitable and less expensive than the ZS.

On the downside though, if one of the sale cars is not my combo, the dealer can't give me any idea as to a delivery date - possibly out of the frying pan??
My guess is you will be offered a choice of available stock,
I have order a plain old SE which I’m sure I’ll be more than happy with,
however, if one arrives that I can upgrade, like you I’m a bit weak, I can almost predict what’s going to happen, I must be strong! 😊😂

My car is now on the sea apparently. It changed this week from "on reserve". How long will it be until I receive the car?
On the sea could mean 10 miles outside Shanghai, in which case 6 weeks to wait, or 10 miles outside UK port in which case a couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom