MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I feel quite fortunate. My black TLR was ordered in January direct with the dealer. My dealer has kept me posted regularly by e-mail and is quite open about the situation when I pop in. As of last week, I'm still showing 'shortage and TBA', but they are cautiously optimistic that things should progress soon as some earlier orders are finally being fulfilled. They have assured me that I will pay no more for the car than was agreed and, because it is out of my control, the agreed trade in price for my car will not change. They said that it will be their problem.
But I'm so jealous of those of you who are playing with your new toys.😬😣😁
Enjoy.

The deposit contribution is an interesting one! Has anyone who's recently received their car who financed on PCP also had their contribution removed? Did your interest rate go from 4.9 to 5.9 as well?

I feel quite fortunate. My black TLR was ordered in January direct with the dealer. My dealer has kept me posted regularly by e-mail and is quite open about the situation when I pop in. As of last week, I'm still showing 'shortage and TBA', but they are cautiously optimistic that things should progress soon as some earlier orders are finally being fulfilled. They have assured me that I will pay no more for the car than was agreed and, because it is out of my control, the agreed trade in price for my car will not change. They said that it will be their problem.
But I'm so jealous of those of you who are playing with your new toys.😬😣😁
Enjoy.
Brilliant to hear my dealer is extremely helpful and have said door is always open as I've been pleasant threw the whole thing instead of chewing there ear off , I call once a month to ask for any change just a waiting game I suppose

That’s odd, because I was assured that whatever was the lower interest rate, current at time or order or current at the time of delivery, was the interest rate that would be provided. In addition, they assured me that the deal at the time of order including the deposit contribution would be honoured at the time my car arrived. I’ve also had to confirmed several times my trade in value won’t be reduced. It does concern me that they’re going to ask me for significant more once my car does arrive.

That’s odd, because I was assured that whatever was the lower interest rate, current at time or order or current at the time of delivery, was the interest rate that would be provided. In addition, they assured me that the deal at the time of order including the deposit contribution would be honoured at the time my car arrived. I’ve also had to confirmed several times my trade in value won’t be reduced. It does concern me that they’re going to ask me for significant more once my car does arrive.
I may have to have a word with the dealership, once the car turns up, as I feel it’s not my problem the car has taken so long to turn up, I can understand the 1% increase as that’s Santander not MG, but looking at the £1.5k and the trade in of my car price, that’s MG and the dealership, they did say that the dealership couldn’t swallow the loss of the 1.5k..i was told I should have the car, end of March, early April, 9-10 months down the line and it’s still not built..I don’t want to walk away from the deal, I like the ZS a lot more than the MG4..not that I’ve seen it in the flesh yet, but it does look very dark inside it, I need a car I can put the golf clubs in the back, I don’t know if the 4 will do that..as someone said, I shouldn’t lose that much, will it all be a deal breaker, I don’t know, as I said I’ll wait till the car turns up and then see what’s on the table, I’ll be pissed off if they do start with the “we will need to give you a lower price for your trade in car,” when I was told at the time, that would be the price and they would take the hit, it was by the salesman that’s long gone, but still have the paperwork with the price on it..only trouble I can see, is there are no signature on it, sorry for the long rant..but it’s put my back up a bit..

On the Baylis MG website, they still seem to be offering a £1500 allowance in the ZS EV Trophy, so it looks like it's still valid at some dealers at the very least.

I'd verify with MG whether they've pulled their contribution from existing orders (I can't imagine they'd want the PR nightmare?), and check the fine print on your agreement re any interest rate increases. I can't find all the relevant posts, but somewhere on this forum at least a few people collected their cars and kept their original deal (albeit their part-ex value may have been affected):
Hi I hope this is useful to you, when I ordered my zs se lr on 8 /12/21 the interest rate was 4.9% and when I picked up the car on 10/8/22 as you know the rate was 5.9%. My dealer (mg carlisle) not only honoured the lower rate but also the original price, original grant (£2500),also the value of my car stayed roughly the same and the settlement figure on my 21 plate seat went down so my pcp monthly figure dropped by between £5-10 p.m. So it was a big win for me. Hope this is some help if your dealer tries to charge you more.
Update on my trip to the dealer regarding the 1% increase on PCP. Well as long as signed up by Friday the 1st September MG will honour the original price and original 4.9%, get to keep the £1500 manufacturer allowance, £2500 PICG from Boris. Same payments and deposit but 9000 mile allowance instead of 6000 for same future value.
Car registered as 72 plate from 1st September. All signed and completed collect next Friday 9th, can wait that long. been waiting since 6th November so a few more days wont matter.
One happy camper.

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
Been waiting since last November. No development as yet. We were supposed to have took delivery Jan2022.

As I understood it, if I hadn’t got the car by 1st September (don’t know if he’d meant 1st October) as 1st September is long gone, if I haven’t got my car by (he said) 1st September than I won’t get the £1.5 grant, or whatever they call it, there was some talk of getting around it, by doing whatever it was he was going to do?..I’m sort of stuck between the devil and the deep blue dealership, I was thinking of maybe going to another dealership, but can’t as I want a pano roof, so guess I’m stuck and will have to wait…oh well..

Hi everyone have been listening and watching everything you've been putting into the group over the last couple of months I was in Mahon point today in Cork Ireland and I popped into Johnson and parrots the dealer to ask was there any update on my MG ZS EV and was told that MG Ireland were down during the week and have told them that there will be no delivery of cars this year and that they should have the backlog resolve by the first quarter of next year hopefully so no car this year for anyone in Ireland dealing with Johnson and Perrott but he did say that mg I will honour the same price that we were offered last year when we ordered the car hopefully the government won't be morons at the end of this month and get rid of the grant for electric cars but who knows they've done everything else wrong this year so one more won't make a difference morons

Hi everyone have been listening and watching everything you've been putting into the group over the last couple of months I was in Mahon point today in Cork Ireland and I popped into Johnson and parrots the dealer to ask was there any update on my MG ZS EV and was told that MG Ireland were down during the week and have told them that there will be no delivery of cars this year and that they should have the backlog resolve by the first quarter of next year hopefully so no car this year for anyone in Ireland dealing with Johnson and Perrott but he did say that mg I will honour the same price that we were offered last year when we ordered the car hopefully the government won't be morons at the end of this month and get rid of the grant for electric cars but who knows they've done everything else wrong this year so one more won't make a difference morons
More speculation.

How can they hope to 'resolve the backlog by the first quarter of the year' by stopping shipping any cars this year?

All the while they aren't fulfilling orders new ones are queuing up.

It's not grounded in any sort of common sense.

I'm starting to think Motability know more than the dealers in the uk, as they have cancelled all dealing with MG now

I have been led to believe its mg not motability that have stopped doing the electric cars,also its the company's not motability that decides whether or not to do motability offers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom