MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

13 months and still waiting here in Ireland. MG Ireland have any information. There are 8 zs ev's coming here in May they told me, and Im not one of the 8. They said it could be next year!
Have a check of the BYD Atto 3, it has 3k contribution at the moment and it has true OTA updates and LFP blade batteries.
If it becomes available to lease then I will definitely jump ship (no pun intended).

Yeah this is typical and I think you will see in previous posts that an average wait time is approx 12 months although some have waited longer, but for reasons that are not known some waited less than 1 year and received the car spec and colour they ordered. Some also managed to secure a cancellation albeit a different colour. 🤞 your car arrives soon I know 12 months was long enough for me to wait for mine.
I just had an email:
Some positive news. Your car is now built by the factory. We are just waiting on shipping details.
Once shipped, please expect 10 weeks for delivery to Ireland (but this can be unpredictable with the current delays in Ports).

Positive they say 😀😀

Yeah this is typical and I think you will see in previous posts that an average wait time is approx 12 months although some have waited longer, but for reasons that are not known some waited less than 1 year and received the car spec and colour they ordered. Some also managed to secure a cancellation albeit a different colour. 🤞 your car arrives soon I know 12 months was long enough for me to wait for mine.
It's more like 14/15 months now, unfortunately. We're hopefully getting ours this month after 13 months, but only because we're taking a cancellation and changing colour. So the car we ordered is still not showing.

To anyone who gets a news update today - remember it's April 1st! 🤣

It's more like 14/15 months now, unfortunately. We're hopefully getting ours this month after 13 months, but only because we're taking a cancellation and changing colour. So the car we ordered is still not showing.

To anyone who gets a news update today - remember it's April 1st! 🤣
My car is arriving today. I hope my supplier was not laying the ground works for April 1st last week when they contacted me.

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
You've got more chance of getting a cancelled order than getting a new one from order. I waited 12 months for one and in the end cancelled it because I got sick of being fobbed off. I picked up a cancellation three weeks later........Good Luck !!

My car is arriving today. I hope my supplier was not laying the ground works for April 1st last week when they contacted me.
Well it wasn’t a joke. Car arrived this morning and it hadn’t disappointed. Everything seems fine apart from a temperamental passenger door lock.

Last edited:
Got my Trophy Connect at the weekend, almost exactly a year after ordering it.

I say 'my' but presumably it's actually someone else's as up to a couple of weeks ago it was all the usual 'no updates' from the dealer, not been built yet, not scheduled to be built etc. - it's only when I said I was thinking of cancelling and getting an enyaq instead that they suddenly had one available for me, just in a different colour....

I say 'my' but presumably it's actually someone else's as up to a couple of weeks ago it was all the usual 'no updates' from the dealer, not been built yet, not scheduled to be built etc. - it's only when I said I was thinking of cancelling and getting an enyaq instead that they suddenly had one available for me, just in a different colour....
Don't tell me it's silver or from Holdcroft MG

Congrats on finally getting your car, enjoy fossil free driving, it would be great to see a photo of it in this glorious 🌞

I wonder how many Trophy Connects are outstanding from over a year ago? There's definately at least one which has the 'no updates' on it.

Don't tell me it's silver or from Holdcroft MG
I'm. About to go steal the red/ orange one they have on website.

Interestingly when you search availability on the mg site it doesn't appear.

Tbh is things like that which if I was mg I'd say your last on the list for cars unless they are aware and it's about managing sales numbers across the brand and dealers.

These things happen to maximise bonus frustrating for us mind

I'm. About to go steal the red/ orange one they have on website.

Interestingly when you search availability on the mg site it doesn't appear.

Tbh is things like that which if I was mg I'd say your last on the list for cars unless they are aware and it's about managing sales numbers across the brand and dealers.

These things happen to maximise bonus frustrating for us mind
Good luck with the orange one. I asked about that one and was told it was available to order and would be a 12 month wait.
So not actually in stock then!!!
Worth you asking again though

Had the call today! Red LR TC at Portbury, pick up in two weeks.
Glad we turned down the blue a fortnight ago and the black before that. Played MG pontoon 21 and won. I will do a picture when we inspect it and let you know what bits don't work etc .lol.
One year and 2 weeks from order. Price fixed by having no PX or lease and a paper order contract signed by the shop.

I've just called the dealer to cancel my order only to be informed that the car is now magically showing ETA to the dealer of 21st April, should I take this with a pinch of salt, or is it totally believable?

I've just called the dealer to cancel my order only to be informed that the car is now magically showing ETA to the dealer of 21st April, should I take this with a pinch of salt, or is it totally believable?
Ours was showing as not even built last week. But I think it was on the "Treasure" vehicles carrier since early March which docked here a day or two back.

Did they give you chassis number? If not I think they are more hopes and wishes that your car is in the batch due to be delivered to them, than a fact.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom