MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Anyone know what the semiconductor issue is really, lack of factories, lack of raw materials, workforce shortages. Don't these things get throw out of machines by the thousand per hour once designed and given sufficient raw materials?

Surely SAIC make their own via a subsidiary?

All a bit odd really.

I think if you ask 20 people, you'll get 20 different answers. The best I can surmise at the moment it that it stems from capacity and delivery limitations which has been exasperated by the pandemic. What I mean by this is:

• There is a finite amount of semiconductors that the current factories can produce
  • During the first part of the C-19 pandemic, some shut down temporarily (so the finite number decreased)
  • As the factories reopened, production resumed but there was already a backlog as all producers were running at near-to-capacity prior to the original lockdowns anyhow (Intel had recognised this around 2018/19 and already started a program to expand their global production facilities)
  • During lockdowns around the globe, new car sales fell off a cliff, so the manufacturers scaled back their orders of semiconductors
  • At the same time, many of us were sat at home, a bit bored, so brought new TVs, iPads, phones, smart-anythings, fridges etc., all of which require the same semiconductors, thus the electronics companies such as LG, Samsung et al all increased their orders with the likes of Intel
  • As new car sales have gradually started to pick up, manufacturers looked to increase their own semiconductor orders but they are now further down the queue until the above electronics orders are satisfied.
Add to that there were, until recently, huge shipping delays, mainly due to lack of staff at ports and C-19 restricting shipboard personnel from leaving their vessels, and there are still a few road transport delays in some countries, it appears to be a 'perfect storm' of multiple problems that now affect us.

Anyone interested the last time the vehicle carrier Pagna came to UK in September it unloaded 2000 MG cars, have noticed it left Shanghai on the 10th January 2022 and is currently at Suez port Egypt maybe next stop UK, will keep a eye on it 👍

Looks like it's unloading cars at Alexandria today ...

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 09.57.14.png

(MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic)

there is a shipment arriving at the end of feb with a load of MGs on board, so I assume yours is one of them!
Hope you get it soon and hope mine on there also ordered 1st November dealer said 5th Jan was at dock waiting to be loaded good luck 👍 fingers 🤞

I got a call yesterday also, delivery postponed to April 15 (originally was February 28). Other Member in a German Forum got a Date early April, so looks like there is a ship arriving at Rotterdam End of March/Early April. We both ordered Standard Range, so my guess is, that the same ship will also unload some SR RHD in th UK.

In the mean time, we are still enjoying our original ZS EV while we wait
Just as a matter of interest, don't want figures! What has the dealership said about the value they quoted for your PX - assuming you are PXing - if the value of your PX goes down (or in the strange world of secondhand cars we are currently experiencing)..it goes up?

Just as a matter of interest, don't want figures! What has the dealership said about the value they quoted for your PX - assuming you are PXing - if the value of your PX goes down (or in the strange world of secondhand cars we are currently experiencing)..it goes up?
my dealership have guaranteed the px amount in writing. Its on the agreement paperwork.

I have spoken to the sales person handling our new car and he had assured us that the PX price is fixed, until the car arrives.
Also, I have the option to sell the car myself if I wish.

yep my dealer has told me they will honour the PX price they already gave me. Also been told today that my car is delayed until May :(

I have spoken to the sales person handling our new car and he had assured us that the PX price is fixed, until the car arrives.
Also, I have the option to sell the car myself if I wish.
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.

Might be nothing but, interestingly, Vanarama aren't giving quotes for the ZS at the moment.
If you drill down to a specific model they're all POA only.

Vanorama didn't have any change to give me about my estimated early April estimate, which has been stable for a couple of months now.

I'm in the so called " second batch " according to my dealer, ordered January 6th and was supposed to take delivery in April but quickly became August.

Managed to change from red to blue though, someone ditched a blue for a black so I was offered it ,no quicker delivery though

Been informed today that our MG5 LR, ordered in Sept, original delivery date in Jan, then March, Now have been told June/July.
Am beginning to wonder if I should just cancel and look at some of the new alternatives coming out later this year. 9 to 10 months wait is getting a bit much when it was meant to be about 4. At this rate the facelift will be available first

Last edited:
I see Chorley MG (Chorley) we have two brand new pre registered ZS EV Trophy SRs for sale
One in Battersea Blue and one in Monument Silver. Just seen a post on Facebook.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom