MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

End Jan and quoted mid June. Unsure whether this is pessimistic or not!
ordered January 6th , told mid April day i ordered , phone call a week later to say August and possibly Septmeber

on the bright side , dealer informed me I just got in prior to a 1250 euro increase in price

in ireland so we probably only get what isnt grabbed from the boats in the UK ?

Order my MG ZS SE LR back in December, just been told it’s been built but they are waiting for “chips”, I assume it must be there lunch break 😂😂😂

Originally I was advised March but I’m not hopeful of that anymore.

I’m honestly not sure anyone is getting in reliable information, just a bunch of different excuses because they just don’t know.
Just had another update, been told May but could be later or sooner…. So roughly this year then 🙄🙄🙄

you get a lot for the extra 3K so I imagine most have ordered the top spec ?

for me it is absolutely worth paying extra
Is it still only £3k difference now the grant threshold has dropped and the Trophy models are above it ?

A friend of mine in the UK purchased a 6 month old Discovery last year for mid 40's from his local Land Rover dealer. Just before Christmas last year the same dealer phoned offering him £10k over his original purchase price to sell it back to them as they are so low on stock and have people offering ridiculous money for lightly used models!
It seems we are not the only people looking at financial consequences of new car delivery delays.
this is a copy if an article in car dealer magazine, today.

In proposed guidance published today, the FCA made it clear to companies in financial strife that they should ‘seek to provide the best outcome for customers’ in these circumstances.
‘Failure to do so could result in the FCA objecting to the firm’s proposals in court,’ said the authority.
‘The FCA will also use its regulatory powers, including enforcement actions for misconduct by firms or their senior managers, when appropriate.’
The FCA has told firms that it wants to be ‘informed as soon as possible’ if it is considering a scheme of arrangement or other compromises to manage liabilities in the event of a failure.
Some companies have asked the FCA to issue letters of non-objection when they plan to make arrangements like these, but the FCA says it would never issue one.
The authority added: ‘The FCA will instead focus on assessing each proposal on a case-by-case basis to ensure firms are meeting their regulatory obligations, including treating their customers fairly.
‘Following their assessment, the FCA will communicate any concerns to firms, and if necessary the courts, and consider any further regulatory action.’
Under current company and insolvency laws companies have options to limit their liabilities, meaning they might not have to pay everything they owe when they go bust.
But the FCA’s Sarah Pritchard, executive director of markets, said despite this firms still had to ‘treat their customers fairly’.
She added: ‘We will take action against firms that don’t meet this obligation.
‘The guidance we are consulting on should help firms understand our expectations and ultimately help firms to avoid proposing compromises that are unacceptable to us because they fail to provide the best possible outcome for consumers.’
The consultation on the guidance is open until March 1 and is welcoming views from interested parties.

As I haven't bought a new car in 20 years but am looking to with mg trophy, all you waiting 6 months for delivery when do you pay? I assume you have paid deposit of some sort and rest on delivery? Is that right?

Stoneacre Nottingham
Ah Stoneacre the will have more than one MG franchise I would think and could be the regional hub and cars are distributed from there to local dealers? 150 would be hard to manage at any dealer
What I forgot to mention yesterday about my email conversation with my dealer. (should have been in a different thread really)
He said only 2 ships arriving this quarter!!
I wonder if that is another 2 ships rather than 2 total. MG claim that 11,000 cars are coming by end of Feb. I think two at least have unloaded last week? I'm convinced after these "by end of Feb" ships/cars it will be a fair time before we get any more.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom