MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

A step up in price for the Ioniq 5. But if it’s inside your budget it is an excellent BEV.
been looking at both ev6 and ioniq5 and on pcp they arent massively more expensive than the mg. ill contact the mg dealer this week and if i dont have any firm timescale for delivery will see what hyundai or kia can do. taking the p1ss now.

Praying for that call in the morning.
We ordered back in August, November delivery, then December, definitely between Christmas & new year, February, we promise 7th March. Then bam 29th March.

I called the dealership on the 12th asking if my car had landed after seeing viking adventure had docked. For it to be confirmed shes finally in the country.

I don't know what's worse. Not knowing where she is, or knowing she's only a hour and half away but not being allowed her.

I'm patiently waiting and not getting drawn into the ship spotting, hope my car's on Viking *****.

One question is vexing though. Why are the SR models seemingly coming through quicker and in apparently greater volume than the LR models. Was it a MG marketing ploy? Advertise the LR strongly and trickle through supply whilst releasing the SR later in the day, having lots of stock already produced and ready to send straight to dealers?

Or, is it something to do with battery availability? Do MG have lots of batteries used in the SR available but not such a supply or availability of the LR batteries. I'm not sure if the chemical make up is of each but I know they are chemically different.

It shouldn't be a chip issue because I presume the chips in the LR and SR are the same?
It's just not battery cars. Fuel cars the same have been waiting 6 months now for my MG Exclusive.

Praying for that call in the morning.
We ordered back in August, November delivery, then December, definitely between Christmas & new year, February, we promise 7th March. Then bam 29th March.

I called the dealership on the 12th asking if my car had landed after seeing viking adventure had docked. For it to be confirmed shes finally in the country.

I don't know what's worse. Not knowing where she is, or knowing she's only a hour and half away but not being allowed her.
Been told by dealer should have my car 21st March. Ordered Sept 2021.he phoned me so it should happen hopefully

I had this reply from JustEVs this morning.

We have just checked in again with our contact(s) at MG Motor UK and we are still in the same position as a couple of weeks ago. Our order is top of the pile as we were the first bulk order placed last year. After speaking with multiple MG dealers to check for consistency, we are all in the same boat and waiting for an update.

The MG provisioning system is unfortunately not as advanced as some of the other networks out there so there are no specific build or delivery dates provided to us or other MG dealers. MG will let us know when the cars are here and ready to allocate.

We apologise that we cannot provide any further information at this time. As soon as we have any feedback relating to these first Long Range orders, we will let you know immediately.

Thank you for your patience.

I dont think its really surprising that transparency might be lacking from a chinese state owned company , different culture in terms of attitude to consumers so the dealers are probably genuinely in the dark

I had this reply from JustEVs this morning.

We have just checked in again with our contact(s) at MG Motor UK and we are still in the same position as a couple of weeks ago. Our order is top of the pile as we were the first bulk order placed last year. After speaking with multiple MG dealers to check for consistency, we are all in the same boat and waiting for an update.

The MG provisioning system is unfortunately not as advanced as some of the other networks out there so there are no specific build or delivery dates provided to us or other MG dealers. MG will let us know when the cars are here and ready to allocate.

We apologise that we cannot provide any further information at this time. As soon as we have any feedback relating to these first Long Range orders, we will let you know immediately.

Thank you for your patience.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom