MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Got my fingers crossed for all you November LR orders! Selfishly… it’ll give me more confidence my Sept delivery (Jan order) is feasible and gives a few more folks to work out the bugs and quirks before mine gets here!!!
I ordered mine in November and my dealer doesn't even know if my car has been allocated a build slot, let alone if it is built or indeed on its way 🤣. At this rate I think if I get another delay past June I'm going to say f*** it and buy a V8 🤣🤣🤣

I ordered mine in November and my dealer doesn't even know if my car has been allocated a build slot, let alone if it is built or indeed on its way 🤣. At this rate I think if I get another delay past June I'm going to say f*** it and buy a V8 🤣🤣🤣
I’ve been contemplating the same. My neighbour rocked up with a new Porsche. Went for a little spin, dabbed the throttle to hear a little roar “that’s just cost me about £10 in fuel”

The Iguazu Highway is just being berthed now. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for people to get the phone call. If you get a call, let us know the date and time as it will be a guide for when other ships come in.
I wouldn’t get anybody’s hopes up that ship hasn’t docked in Shanghai but the Grand Victory ship has and is in Egypt about now. That will have more luck have MG cars on it. Hope someone can prove I’m wrong about this ship in Bristol though.

I wouldn’t get anybody’s hopes up that ship hasn’t docked in Shanghai but the Grand Victory ship has and is in Egypt about now. That will have more luck have MG cars on it. Hope someone can prove I’m wrong about this ship in Bristol though.
Iguazu Highway definitely did dock in Shanghai. I have tracked it all the way. Grand Victory is currently just past the Maldives and crossing the Arabian Sea

Just had a call from my dealer and he informed me that the sales manager had a call from MG and the delay on delivery is being caused by a shortage of nickel to make the LR battery, ordered beginning of November 2021 now being told expected end of September as no build date for the car as of yet, but realistically November. Oh well back to the C-max and dino fuel for the foreseeable.
“And the excuse du jour is <spins the wheel of bulls**t>…”

Last edited:
Was in Shanghai on 16th March for 23 hours, 54 minutes. Plenty of time to load some MG's. :)

Email from Martyn from Chorley group this morning with a video showing the MG tracking system. Of 180+ cars ordered, only 2 are showing as built, and those have a delivery date of July.
That's is pathetic, and not good news for me because I have ordered from the Chorley Group

Email from Martyn from Chorley group this morning with a video showing the MG tracking system. Of 180+ cars ordered, only 2 are showing as built, and those have a delivery date of July.
you able to share the video?

The Iguazu Highway is just being berthed now. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for people to get the phone call. If you get a call, let us know the date and time as it will be a guide for when other ships come in.

Here we go.

Thanks so much for the eagle eyes, and the updates!

Let's see how many of these are MG EVs - they need to start pulling their finger out on November orders.
Good to know, thanks! I wouldn't share that video, but it's at least an idea of where things stand. I imagine Chorley would've scored quite a few orders from here alone, so I do wonder if their list and therefore waiting time will be much longer than for customers buying from smaller/other dealerships...? :unsure:

No harm in asking
Screenshot_20220420_141229.jpg

so does anyone know, why it’s docked in Japan and Turkey? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to load a ship full and then unload at Japan and Turkey and the sale half empty to the UK? Japan it could have loaded more cars, but what about Turkey?..

See on the telly a.m. today that SAIC have now re-started production on MG's - allowed special Covid permission via government to get on with it !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom