MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

After reading some comments I thought I'd check the V5c of our ZS ex demo car... Number of former keepers 1 but no details of who 🤔 just blank. Every logbook I've ever had has the previous keepers name and address. Not every keeper, just the last one before me.

And I've often felt like complaining to AutoTrader about false advertising of cars listed as being in stock when they're not at all.
Dvla changed in like 2016/17 or 20 for sure not to include previous register keeper details

Ahem, I think you’ll find that is my White LRTC 😆
No No No, It's mine!
Lord Of The Rings Bridezilla GIF by HBO Max

I got told yesterday by Jordan at Baylis MG in Gloucester that all ZS EV LR orders they have waiting (that includes ones ordered from November) have all been put back again to 2023. He said the SRs are going to slowly (very slowly) drip feed through, but if you want a LR then forget getting it this year.

I got told yesterday by Jordan at Baylis MG in Gloucester that all ZS EV LR orders they have waiting (that includes ones ordered from November) have all been put back again to 2023. He said the SRs are going to slowly (very slowly) drip feed through, but if you want a LR then forget getting it this year.
Thanks for letting us know. It might be handy if everyone could ring round their dealers to double confirm that this is the case?

Just had a call from my dealer, JCT600 Bradford, to say that they have been assigned a batch of long-range and short-range Trophy's and SE's which are due in the next 7 to 10 days and they are working through their order book and assigning them to customers orders. They even gave me a choice of Silver, Black or Red. I have stuck with my original Silver LR Trophy.

FYI Ordered at the beginning of March and was expected in August.

Just had a call from my dealer, JCT600 Bradford, to say that they have been assigned a batch of long-range and short-range Trophy's and SE's which are due in the next 7 to 10 days and they are working through their order book and assigning them to customers orders. They even gave me a choice of Silver, Black or Red. I have stuck with my original Silver LR Trophy.

Result!

Congrats, slightly jealous as I’m the same colour and I ordered in Dec and no sign of it turning up yet according to my dealer.

I'd say they've already got off the boat then. Usually about 14 days from boat to dealership from what I've seen on this thread the past few months. Can anyone tie these cars to a particular boat coming in for future reference?

Just had another vanarama call.

Saying updates 15/16 from MG, and blaming the lockdown there.

Not sure which batches are impacted but will know more next week.

This means either still September/ oct or longer….

I’ve tried to contact my dealer for an update and no response on two occasions. I do find it irritating that they don’t respond. I work in an industry where I act for individuals buying and selling major assets and I spend most of the day answering emails asking for an update. It takes very little time per email and I do in excess of 100 a day on average with the phone ringing and customers dropping in. I don’t know how dealers get away with not replying. I appreciate you’re not going to call me if there’s no update, but I presume they must have received something from MG over the past 2.5 months that they can tell me. I’d like to know even if it’s bad news that the car won’t arrive until next year, as other dealers seem to have been informed.

I have had a ring round of dealers today to enquire about long range stock. Nothing available but a mixed bag of responses. Some said that a 30th November order should have arrived by now. Others said to just hold tight as there were hundreds of others also waiting. One said that a trophy LR connect silver was more likely to arrive than a LR Trophy silver!

Has anyone got a LR Connect recently ? not an ex demo etc, that's what I'm waiting on..
The only LR Connects here are demos. Miles mentioned the last few shipments have loads of SRs all trims and some LRs but nothing about Connect. LR SEs are also very rare.

That said some dealers mentioned LR Connect already built and on vessels so maybe a batch or two will arrive soon. Unless they shipped thousands of those a lot of people will have to wait still.

The only LR Connects here are demos. Miles mentioned the last few shipments have loads of SRs all trims and some LRs but nothing about Connect. LR SEs are also very rare.

That said some dealers mentioned LR Connect already built and on vessels so maybe a batch or two will arrive soon. Unless they shipped thousands of those a lot of people will have to wait still.
I’m fed up of waiting, I ordered 8 Nov 21 and if it that hard to make the Connect, then email everyone who ordered one and say sorry we can’t supply at the moment but have a LR Trophy instead, and knock the £500 off. Is that so hard, it shouldn’t affect the grant I don’t think because they are £34,499, aren’t they. Rant over.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom