MG4 - Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and MG Pilot

Not checked re. ACC vs TJA, but LKA comes back on - at least on mine it does anyway. (You can tell by the colour of the symbol on the dash ... white means ready but not available [lane lines not detected], green means active, and yellow means turned off).

Not checked re. ACC vs TJA, but LKA comes back on - at least on mine it does anyway. (You can tell by the colour of the symbol on the dash ... white means ready but not available [lane lines not detected], green means active, and yellow means turned off).
Well that is a real pain in the butt if you have to keep turning off the supposedly dangerous LKA 'feature' on the screen every time you start the car. :cautious:

Well that is a real pain in the butt if you have to keep turning off the supposedly dangerous LKA 'feature' on the screen every time you start the car. :cautious:
There is apparently a software update that reduces its sensitivity

LKA stays off on mine, only did one trip with it on before disabling and it's been off since. I do have the lines on my driver display (can't remember the colour) but this is only for the lane departure warning.

LKA isn't Christine-like for me - much gentler and more like what I was used to in my previous Insignia.

Once you have changed options within MG Pilot, is there a way of permanently saving them? I have been switching off Lane Assistance (after discovering the hard\alarming way that it was on!), but when powering up to start a new journey it has reset itself. I would like it permanently off. Apologies if this has been asked before, but haven't managed to find the specific answer. Thanks!
(MG4 SE SR collected this month)

Once you have changed options within MG Pilot, is there a way of permanently saving them? I have been switching off Lane Assistance (after discovering the hard\alarming way that it was on!), but when powering up to start a new journey it has reset itself. I would like it permanently off. Apologies if this has been asked before, but haven't managed to find the specific answer. Thanks!
(MG4 SE SR collected this month)
Do you think it comes back on 'fully' upon restarts or just in lane keeping warning mode and not 'assist' mode? Have you checked the screen to see it it has actually enabled itself again in LKA by default?

Do you think it comes back on 'fully' upon restarts or just in lane keeping warning mode and not 'assist' mode? Have you checked the screen to see it it has actually enabled itself again in LKA by default?
I think it does come back on fully, and have checked the screen to confirm this. Initially, with Lane Assistance On, I selected Assist Mode Alert but that then reset itself to Departure Assist. I then tried switching off Lane Assist completely, but that also reset itself. The dealership are going to come back to me with advice, as the belief is that the demo vehicle has this permanently off...

I think it does come back on fully, and have checked the screen to confirm this. Initially, with Lane Assistance On, I selected Assist Mode Alert but that then reset itself to Departure Assist. I then tried switching off Lane Assist completely, but that also reset itself. The dealership are going to come back to me with advice, as the belief is that the demo vehicle has this permanently off...
Thanks...apparently some react differently to others according to comments here which seems odd. Maybe there is a trick to disabling it completely but you would think dealers would know. You would think you could just have lane departure warning only like most other modern cars with LKA an option.

It all depends on what firmware release is in the ECU that governs LKA ... mine is like @AKD in that LKA always reverts to On after a restart of the car; I imagine that others who don't suffer this have a different firmware release in their LKA ECU.

It would appear that some cars are defaulting to LKA on, while others remain off after turning off
Hi, I've had my MG4 only a few days now, and this is my number-one question. I can't believe I should have to re-set functions to my preferred settings EVERY TIME I get in the car... this is close to a deal-breaker for me. And the lane-keeping assist is downright alarming - we live in rural England, and having it on all the time is potentially dangerous on roads with variable or no markings.

If there is a reliable way to get my car to stay the way I put it, someone please let me know! I haven't been brave enough to try traffic-jam assist yet.. 😬

Hi, I've had my MG4 only a few days now, and this is my number-one question. I can't believe I should have to re-set functions to my preferred settings EVERY TIME I get in the car... this is close to a deal-breaker for me. And the lane-keeping assist is downright alarming - we live in rural England, and having it on all the time is potentially dangerous on roads with variable or no markings.

If there is a reliable way to get my car to stay the way I put it, someone please let me know! I haven't been brave enough to try traffic-jam assist yet.. 😬
Unfortunately many settings are not persistent and reset each time, however LKA should stay off when set in my experience. I think some people have had it turn on again but it's not happened for me.

Not sure about a 'deal breaker' as some cars seem to retain the LKA on restarts and some do not which is ridiculous in my view.
However TJA seems to behave the correct way in retaining settings I understand.
Surely this warrants an investigation by MG along with the other quirks.

Lane keep assist and MG pilot on the MG4 are just plain dangerous at the moment. On our mk1 ZS I used MG pilot all the time and loved it however on the MG4 it's are worse at keeping in lane. Even worse though is that on the ZS if you needed to make a steering correction you could do so with just a little force whereas on the MG4 you have to really yank the steering wheel.

Annoyingly my MG4 had to go back to the dealer for a software update. Before the update LKA remained off however since the update it always reverts to being back on every time the car is started. It's due to go back again for them to try to resolve that.

I believe there was a software update to reduce the sensitivity of the LKA. Check with your dealer that they have applied it.

My Lane Assistance in MG Pilot reverts to On each time I power off. I am having to set it to Off each time I get into the car to drive. I'd definitely like it to be permanently off, but am getting into the habit of switching it off before I set out!

Yup, the LKA defaults to on every time I start the car with mine, same as the drowsyness wotsit. Interestingly even when not using the cruise control the LKA activates on mine (above ~35mph along with the drowsiness wotsit). I only found this out the other day when driving down a road with a seam in the tarmac which it picked up as a solid white line rather than the actual dashed centre line. It would be handy to know how to turn this off permenantly. The dealer demo car I had was turned off and stayed off.

Yup, the LKA defaults to on every time I start the car with mine, same as the drowsyness wotsit. Interestingly even when not using the cruise control the LKA activates on mine (above ~35mph along with the drowsiness wotsit). I only found this out the other day when driving down a road with a seam in the tarmac which it picked up as a solid white line rather than the actual dashed centre line. It would be handy to know how to turn this off permenantly. The dealer demo car I had was turned off and stayed off.
Perhaps the dealer demo car had MG Pilot disabled so ACC, LKA and TJA would not work anyway. Still learning and not sure how these features work but does that make sense?

ACC worked fine, as did the driver drowsyness thingy. LKA was disabled, it didn't even beep.

I turned it to just beep today but after stopping and starting again that too had re-set.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back