MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

Hi yes your right to say the Trophy should have And I sure hope it does but it is not listed in the specs on the MG website so I was just quoting the Specs and nothing else I couldn’t believe satnav is not in the SEs sorry if i cause any Confusion

Just looking at MG website Adam it is not listed there, but hopefully it’s as benfello said above, the Trophy will have it as well as the SatNav but it does say that anywhere, I apologise if I’m wrong had I had said to Amun who asked the question yes it will everything on all 3 as all other models do have as he rightly point out then that would have been far more misleading in my book.

I have never even tried to use CarPlay or android auto quite happy with the satnav in my MG5 but if we do order a MG4 SE for the wife we will need to learn how or get the old TomTom out and update it seeing has it’s not been used In a good good while and as I said above sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Im no expert on MGs or any other cars but I do always read all specs sheets and Owners handbooks from cover to cover when I am first given them that’s where I discovered the issues with the roof rails buy reading MGs handbook on line before I even had the car.
Les

Apple and Android on all three models on official website...

1660034309606.png

Hi yes your right to say the Trophy should have And I sure hope it does but it is not listed in the specs on the MG website so I was just quoting the Specs and nothing else I couldn’t believe satnav is not in the SEs sorry if i cause any Confusion

Just looking at MG website Adam it is not listed there, but hopefully it’s as benfello said above, the Trophy will have it as well as the SatNav but it does say that anywhere, I apologise if I’m wrong had I had said to Amun who asked the question yes it will everything on all 3 as all other models do have as he rightly point out then that would have been far more misleading in my book.

I have never even tried to use CarPlay or android auto quite happy with the satnav in my MG5 but if we do order a MG4 SE for the wife we will need to learn how or get the old TomTom out and update it seeing has it’s not been used In a good good while and as I said above sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Im no expert on MGs or any other cars but I do always read all specs sheets and Owners handbooks from cover to cover when I am first given them that’s where I discovered the issues with the roof rails buy reading MGs handbook on line before I even had the car.
Les

On the MG Site for SE long range it says
  • MG Pilot
  • 10.25" Colour Touchscreen
  • iSMART User App
  • 7" Full Digital Driver Information Display
  • Apple CarPlay TM
  • Android Auto TM
And For Trophy Long Range :
  • SE Long Range Plus:
  • 360o Parking Camera
  • iSMART Live Services
  • Wireless Mobile Phone Charger
  • Satellite Navigation
  • Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel
  • Mobile Phone Bluetooth Key
Implying it has all of the stuff listed for SE LOng Range including car play

It's also in the full specification table for all :)

Ah right ok yes, otherwise it would have to list everything everytime. What I didn't find clear was is it a 7 or 10 inch touch screen. Or is it talking about the screen behind the wheel is 7 inch and the infotainment is 10?
Dashboard is 7", infotainment is 10.25".

At this stage are as I understand it they are pre orders with the individual dealers which will be converted into orders when ordering opens. I have placed a pre order but it’s not on a specific trim yet
I get your point to an extent but each dealer or waiter in your analogy will be allocated a set amount of cars from the first batch so they wouldn’t have access to each other’s initial batch. That said I don’t think people should be pre ordering with multiple dealers with the intention of cancelling.

Les
Obviously there’s confusion about the sat nav on the sat nav, it’s a real shame IF the SE I’ve ordered hasn’t got it, this would certainly be an oversight. If not I’ll have to dig out my old A-Z’s,

Obviously there’s confusion about the sat nav on the sat nav, it’s a real shame IF the SE I’ve ordered hasn’t got it, this would certainly be an oversight. If not I’ll have to dig out my old A-Z’s,
I haven't used the sat nav properly in my ZS, as I use google maps via Car play as I think many others do. Does seem an odd thing to leave out on the SE though.

I'll probably be going for the Trophy myself for some of the other features, depending on what my dealer gets and what the finance packages look like.

I haven't used the sat nav properly in my ZS, as I use google maps via Car play as I think many others do. Does seem an odd thing to leave out on the SE though.

I'll probably be going for the Trophy myself for some of the other features, depending on what my dealer gets and what the finance packages look like.

Nice, excellent spec! I’m sure I’ll be happy with the SE I’ve ordered, however, my dealer has given me the option to upgrade if required when stock arrives and finance details are released.

Les
The SE models have Carplay and Android Auto.

The Trophy model has Carplay, Android Auto, and in-built navigation.

Hope this clears it up.

Hope this clears it up.
Hi Miles,
How is the mg4 for internal space? My wife has a leaf - is it comparable? I found the mg5 quite cramped (I'm 6'4") but from what I'm reading the mg4 sounds like it may be better inside.
When are you going to have one for customers to look at?
And will there be affinity pricing?

Hope this clears it up.
Thanks for clearing that up, it’s a real shame if the SE isn’t equipped with a sat nav, seems strange as excite trim level ARE,

Hi Miles,
How is the mg4 for internal space? My wife has a leaf - is it comparable? I found the mg5 quite cramped (I'm 6'4") but from what I'm reading the mg4 sounds like it may be better inside.
When are you going to have one for customers to look at?
And will there be affinity pricing?
No news on Affinity pricing/discounts. I'd imagine that it's been priced so keenly that they feel they don't need to discount?

We should have demonstrators within the next month.

The internal space is similar to the iD3. My mate has one of those, and he's taller than you, so I'd imagine you'll be fine with the MG4. It feels bigger than the LEAF inside.

Thanks for clearing that up, it’s a real shame if the SE isn’t equipped with a sat nav, seems strange as excite trim level ARE,
It's one way to reduce costs, and let's face it, most people use Google Maps off their phone these days anyway.

No news on Affinity pricing/discounts. I'd imagine that it's been priced so keenly that they feel they don't need to discount?

We should have demonstrators within the next month.

The internal space is similar to the iD3. My mate has one of those, and he's taller than you, so I'd imagine you'll be fine with the MG4. It feels bigger than the LEAF inside.
Thank you!

It's one way to reduce costs, and let's face it, most people use Google Maps off their phone these days anyway.
That’s true, just a little surprised MG omitted it from such a well equipped car, that said it’s certainly not a deal breaker and really looking forward to getting mine,

MG's head of product is off until Monday 15th August.
Hi Miles
Please can you ask them about towing and towbars for bike carriers as well, across both battery sizes. The absence of either is a bit of a deal breaker, and your colleague will be aware of the capacity of the ID.3 (0, 75kg), Kona (300kg, 100kg) and e-Niro (750kg, 100kg).
Thanks in advance!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel