MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

@Miles Roberts CG , are you going to the British Motor Show? Your reporting has been very good/excellent, for me, so with all these questions in mind, an update on specs, with pictures would be great. We all owe you a pint..
Sorry, I can't make it to Farnborough for the Motor Show. I went to Earls Court for the ZS EV MK1 launch, but it's just not as easy to get to Farnborough and back in a day (we did it on the direct train to Kings Cross last time, but there's no easy route from Skipton to FB).

@Miles Roberts CG , are you going to the British Motor Show? Your reporting has been very good/excellent, for me, so with all these questions in mind, an update on specs, with pictures would be great. We all owe you a pint..
However, we will be doing an MG4 specific podcast this Friday at 7.30pm, so we hope to answer all of your queries on spec etc at that time.

Hi Miles, Its so hard to tell from pictures, but in your view how does it feel to get in and out of what would be the best comparison car. How low is it, windscreen rake etc. I don't have bad mobility but not keen on dropping in to a seat and my wife for example finds our HS PHEV a bit too high and our MG5 windscreen rake intruded on the head a bit getting in and out your thoughts please
Anyone been able to find out what the access is like? what would the comparison to an existing model be?

I am a tad disappointed in the looks of the SE trim over the trophy from looking at the video. It seems like they've cut back on things like the rear light bar and other bits :(

Check out 4 mins 40 seconds into this video

I am a tad disappointed in the looks of the SE trim over the trophy from looking at the video. It seems like they've cut back on things like the rear light bar and other bits :(

It’s a £26,000 EV with a 200 mile range, they were always going to have to cut some things out :)

Still got a higher spec than any other EV at that price.

Looks like no reversing camera on the SE, which is kind of daft considering there is no rear wiper on any trim level.

Looks like no reversing camera on the SE, which is kind of daft considering there is no rear wiper on any trim level.
Yes only a rear parking sensor. I had no rear wiper on my 2019 Prius plug-in and it was very annoying. I had to wash the window on a otherwise clean car. I may have to try to stretch to a Trophy trim for half the stuff I want but pay another £3k lol

Yes only a rear parking sensor. I had no rear wiper on my 2019 Prius plug-in and it was very annoying. I had to wash the window on a otherwise clean car. I may have to try to stretch to a Trophy trim for half the stuff I want but pay another £3k lol
They've copied the specs of the ID.3 as the Life did not include a camera and only had unlocking via remote.

I'd look to upgrade to the Trophy, Its a toss up though and downgraded in some ways, reduced range, leather ( vinyl) seats and strange rear spoiler. But then you do get 360 camera, heated seats and some safety bits.... is that worth £3000 hmmm

They've copied the specs of the ID.3 as the Life did not include a camera and only had unlocking via remote.

I'd look to upgrade to the Trophy, Its a toss up though and downgraded in some ways, reduced range, leather ( vinyl) seats and strange rear spoiler. But then you do get 360 camera, heated seats and some safety bits.... is that worth £3000 hmmm
360 camera? Oh yes! Priceless in crowded supermarket car parks.

Good spot, I didn't notice that. Yes, exactly it's a dear price to pay if you don't want some of the bits. Also a shame only the small battery pack is a LFP, as I plan to keep this car awhile not just 2-4 years so would like to minimize range lost over time. I also will need to see how well it drives before proceeding, as I need it to be at least the same level of refinement/comfort as the MG5.

Good spot, I didn't notice that. Yes, exactly it's a dear price to pay if you don't want some of the bits. Also a shame only the small battery pack is a LFP, as I plan to keep this car awhile not just 2-4 years so would like to minimize range lost over time. I also will need to see how well it drives before proceeding, as I need it to be at least the same level of refinement/comfort as the MG5.
The MSP platform is based on interchangeable batteries. This is still in development by SAIC, but that will future proof the current battery.

I'm keen to put a deposit on a SE LR. Spoke to my local dealer (Glyn Hopkin in East London) but they said they're not taking deposits and to wait for launch. Spoke to another in St Albans - same story. Then one in Chelmsford were taking deposits but wanted £1000! The variability is disconcerting.
Chiswick MG too a £100 deposit from me.

Has anyone seen a photo of SE without spoiler I cant find any

Screenshot_20220818-092020_Chrome Beta.jpg

You can just make out the difference with the car in front.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back