MG4 front USBs

Hi.
I collected my MG 4 on Saturday and have a small card reader plugged in to the usb c input in the centre console. It's got a 64g. Micro SD card in it which has probably 32gb of music files on it (MP3 or flac mostly). The usb music player finds the music but doesn't allow shuffle. Can you give me pointers to how you got yours to work please? Thanks.
Page 15 of the Navi manual...
Hope that helps 😁

1710916426070.png

Page 15 of the Navi manual...
Hope that helps 😁

View attachment 24937
Thanks for trying, but I'm afraid it doesn't!
The shuffle button is greyed out; asking 'hello MG' to turn on shuffle gets an "I'm unable to turn on shuffle in the current music source" response too. It also shows 'no music/songs' on the left, while showing a song on the right. When you skip it forwards, the next song is in alphabetical order. I'm going to assume they all will be and will scroll accordingly.

I have been experimenting. I deleted around ½ of the music from the stick and tried it again. That time on the left I got a list of songs on the stick and a 'play all' option at the very top. When I did, I was able to ask MG to turn on shuffle. It did so.
However, when I pressed the shuffle icon, I was unable to turn shuffle back on.

There's quite a bit of odd about the infotainment in this car!

One of the problems I noticed:

When you press the "Music" button or widget, you often get to the default "Bluetooth music" tab of the tab-bar! It looks almost the same as "USB music" tab, and has the similar set of contols — but they certainly don't work when you are playing the USB-stick.

So, one must select the "USB Music" tab explicitly, and there you have the full control.

MG4_USB_Player_Tabs.JPG

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel