MG4 Heating working but won’t heat up

Thanks for the quick answers.
I have again talked to MG dealer and demanded detailed information on how MG4 SR is specced for Sweden and it does not have heating, you cant start the heating from the app.
Only the Luxary(Trophy abroad?) have heating and it is on lease 30-40% more expensive than SR atleast here in Sweden at the moment.
So if anyone is curious about this car and live in Sweden!

Last edited:
I have an SR and it certainly has heating! It has excellent cabin heating which keeps the cabin at a nice temperature while I'm driving, and it can also be pre-heated through the app so that it's all nice and warm before I go out into the snow to get going.

It also has the capacity to heat the battery before rapid charging, indeed the car seems to come with this on as default and it does terrible things to the range so you need to turn it off. My car sometimes, randomly, asks me if I want to turn on battery heating because the ambient temperature is low. It will do this regardless of the actual ambient temperature so I just ignore it. Maybe in winter I'll figure out when I need to turn it on.

I'm not in Sweden I'm in Scotland but it's not so hot here either and the car is fine.

I have an SR and it certainly has heating! It has excellent cabin heating which keeps the cabin at a nice temperature while I'm driving, and it can also be pre-heated through the app so that it's all nice and warm before I go out into the snow to get going.

It also has the capacity to heat the battery before rapid charging, indeed the car seems to come with this on as default and it does terrible things to the range so you need to turn it off. My car sometimes, randomly, asks me if I want to turn on battery heating because the ambient temperature is low. It will do this regardless of the actual ambient temperature so I just ignore it. Maybe in winter I'll figure out when I need to turn it on.

I'm not in Sweden I'm in Scotland but it's not so hot here either and the car is fine.
Thanks for the answer. It appears they have different speccs for different countries.
For example in Sweden they tend to come with heated seats, heated steering wheel and tinted windows. But the dealer said it can be random, some cars come with tinted windows and some do not.

Also the detailed PDF on the website differs from the spec on the swedish website.

Just 5 minutes ago I recieved an email from another MG dealer here in Sweden that claims the SR does have preheating.

I dont know what to believe anymore regarding MG cars and their specs :D

As far as I know the heated seats and steering wheel are only on the Trophy model, unless the new version of the SE has had that feature added. Tinted windows are also supposed to be just the Trophy, but I'm told that some SEs built last year had tinted windows fitted by mistake!

You can take it to the bank that the SE SR has pre-heating in the cars they sell in Britain, because I've got one and it definitely pre-heats. I might have thought twice about buying it if that had not been the case.

I know they offer different specs for different countries, but I don't think even MG are mad enough to remove the pre-heating option for Swedish cars!

Update: Got a call from the general manager for a MG dealer here in Sweden that confirm MG4 SE SR do indeed have Preheating capability hehe.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back