MG4 Insurance Issues

I had a good look round today as I'm picking mine up Saturday.
I also ended up going with Admiral.
But it wasn't as bad as some of the others
Paid £350 in the end though it does have £500 excess

My ZS was £276
So I'm fairly happy with a £75 increase overall.
My old provider (Flow) could not quote at all.

I don't think it's helped that I needed the insurance in 2 days either
Weirdly I went back on after just to see if the timing made much difference, extending it out to the optimum 3 weeks prior that is recommended.
I could not get 1 quote even when changing the date back to this weekend.
(Which I have already bought today)

This was over multiple comparison sites.

Which is bizzare
Thankfully mine is in the bag anyway and I have all policy documents downloaded.

Just done online quotes. Best via Meerkat was £450, although that included business use plus motor legal. (This was Admiral Essentials, with £250 excess).

As we have home insurance with Admiral I tried a Multi Cover quote ... this came out at £218 (pro-rated was £365 annual). Again with business cover, motor legal and no voluntary excess. As soon as the dealer tells me the VRM then that's who I'm going to go with.

Someone on faceache has just managed to get their insurance sorted through Tesco just checked and MG4 models are now listed through them, another option for people.

EDIT: that said you can choose the relevant model, unfortunately at the end of entering details I get an error, so maybe got excited a bit early there.
He was an existing customer and had chased for a number of days to get the underwriter to sort it for him.

Last edited:
Will w
I've just given my contact at LV a prod. Hopefully, we'll learn when they'll start quoting on the MG4 either tomorrow or Monday.
Will watch with interest then as we're with Flow, one of LVs brands...fingers crossed it won't be much different to our ZS.

Anyone tried getting a quote via Tesco Bank? Every time I try I get to the end and then the website returns with Oops! Something went wrong. I've tried two different PCs and different browsers on each (Chrome and Edge).

I don't have a VRM yet but the website finds the car models OK - just that it won't actually give me a quote. 😬

Anyone tried getting a quote via Tesco Bank? Every time I try I get to the end and then the website returns with Oops! Something went wrong. I've tried two different PCs and different browsers on each (Chrome and Edge).
I tried
I don't have a VRM yet but the website finds the car models OK - just that it won't actually give me a quote. 😬
Same thing when I tried Tesco.

Very very disappointed with the insurance situation, even with Aviva now quoting for it my quotes are still £575+ !! compared to my Golfs price of £250 I’m not impressed.

My old insurers Hastings now have the MG4 on the database, but are refusing to insure it. Apparently they are only insuring select electric cars ! Madness.

I cant believe this! I will be picking up my MG4 SE LR tomorrow, dealer has offered me 5days insurance, just called Directline for a quote, but they couldn't insure it because its not on their system, wonderful!!!

Crikey that's better than the deal I got with Admiral.
Same price nearly but mine was £500 excess.
This has £0
If it wasn't for the sake of it costing me another £25 to cancel with admiral within the 14 days Colling off period, I would swap.
Then again if my oil leak isn't fixed within 30 days I won't be needing insurance as it'll be going back.

At least the quotes are getting cheaper now

Screenshot_20221014_183521.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums