MG4 Insurance Issues

Did you try quoting the ABI Code?
You can quote the Bible, LV and all of the insurance companies don't want to know until it has been assigned an insurance group rating.
I've had my car two weeks and it's locked in my garage with no insurance. At least I don't have to worry about oil leaks!

Yes, direct line “do it differently”. I was with them for 20 years and it was great but expensive. These days I am paying half as much for the same cover elsewhere (not an MG4).
Do you mean Directline does insure it? How?

You can quote the Bible, LV and all of the insurance companies don't want to know until it has been assigned an insurance group rating.
I've had my car two weeks and it's locked in my garage with no insurance. At least I don't have to worry about oil leaks!
I had no problem getting insured with Admiral. £250 for the year

Crikey that's better than the deal I got with Admiral.
Same price nearly but mine was £500 excess.
This has £0
If it wasn't for the sake of it costing me another £25 to cancel with admiral within the 14 days Colling off period, I would swap.
Then again if my oil leak isn't fixed within 30 days I won't be needing insurance as it'll be going back.

At least the quotes are getting cheaper now

View attachment 11854
I just went on moneysupermarket, they didnt even have MG4 on their system?

I just went on moneysupermarket, they didnt even have MG4 on their system?
Yes they do - but it takes a bit of working out. Select MG MOTORS UK and then select Other Models - you get a dropdown list which shows the MG4. :)

Opera man and Meerkat both also have the MG4. Or try direct with Admiral.

I just ran the MG4 SE model through GoCompare and got 10 quotes from insurers ranging from cheapest £334 to dearest £554.

Admiral quoted me £935, I've got 14 years NCD, was paying £289 for my ZS EV Exclusive.
I thanked them and turned the kind offer down,
Something not quite right there. I have 9 years NCD. Strange.

Yes they do - but it takes a bit of working out. Select MG MOTORS UK and then select Other Models - you get a dropdown list which shows the MG4. :)

Opera man and Meerkat both also have the MG4. Or try direct with Admiral.
Thanks, I got quotes now, its over £680, my current Tesla Model3 performance was only £580, but at least someone is quoting, I'll keep trying!

Admiral quoted me £770!! Thats daylight robbery.
I think they must just recognise my leet driving skills, shame the wife doesn’t 😬

Last edited:
The nearer the date you want the insurance the more it costs. 3 weeks ahead is the optimum time which makes it difficult when you've already got the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 524 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back