MG4 Insurance Issues

I've been on it this morning. Cheapest is admiral at 480, but that's for essentials only cover (doesn't include windscreen, key cover etc). Filled in the online form for NFU, I'll sit tight for a call back. Nothing else came close. I'll get a rebate from LV which will take some sting out of the MG premium. 🫤

Sooo.... I've gone with NFU. A very long phone call and process where they've had to underwrite the MG4 whilst I waited, but it's all done and set up.

Policy advantage is the new car replacement scheme. Where they will replace your car at full cost. I think this is effectively an insurance + gap policy all in one.

Sooo.... I've gone with NFU. A very long phone call and process where they've had to underwrite the MG4 whilst I waited, but it's all done and set up.

Policy advantage is the new car replacement scheme. Where they will replace your car at full cost. I think this is effectively an insurance + gap policy all in one.
Spoke to them last night. Expecting a call back sometime today once it’s been to underwriters..

Spoke to them last night. Expecting a call back sometime today once it’s been to underwriters..
I’m in the same position with NFU, spoke to them yesterday and they said they’d check with the underwriters. Today they said they wont know anything until Monday.. My dealer has mentioned this insurance issue to the MG rep who visited the showroom today, so hopefully they’ll escalate it.

I’m in the same position with NFU, spoke to them yesterday and they said they’d check with the underwriters. Today they said they wont know anything until Monday.. My dealer has mentioned this insurance issue to the MG rep who visited the showroom today, so hopefully they’ll escalate it.
Yeah, I've spoke to them once today. They called just to say the underwriters were working on it still.

I collect tommorow. Have taken out the 5 day free driveaway insurance from MG

NFU just got back. They could do £445, Admiral £394, just signed up with Admiral.

Did it through TopCashBack` - so thats another £30 off;)

Last edited:
comparethemarket will recongise the correct car and model via a VRM, still only the high quotes from the admiral group of companies todate, though

I've got a quote from Admiral but it said MG4 Trophy 150kw FWD so I'm waiting for them to call back to clarify that it's actually RWD.

I've got a quote from Admiral but it said MG4 Trophy 150kw FWD so I'm waiting for them to call back to clarify that it's actually RWD.
hmmm, could you keep us posted please? I'm with Admiral and didn't notice that on the policy documents.

Hasting have it listed now but won’t give me a quote 😂. Progress maybe.

I might have to go with the quote I got from NFU (about the same price as elephant but better cover) if nothing changes in the next 48 hours.

have the same issure - in that I insured the private plates rather than an exact match to a 72 plate. The top and bottom line was that a diesal VW (20 plate) was £119 / year, but the MG4 was nearly 3X as much!! @£300+

everyone seems to be having the same insurance issue - I have only taken out temp insurance £30 for 7 days ?! Until all of these crazy prices come down - not worth the switch for 8 quotes to come back all with 3 & 4x my 1.6L diesel Kia…

I have been trying to get a quote for a new MG4 Trophy but its not a cheap one. ITs costing as much as my Mustang GT. How can it be so expensive. Hopefully it will come down once it hits databases.

Just tried Compare the Market and got 9 quotes, cheapest being Admiral at £787. Usually I can get below £300. 5 day driveaway insurance runs out tomorrow.

Just tried Compare the Market and got 9 quotes, cheapest being Admiral at £787. Usually I can get below £300. 5 day driveaway insurance runs out tomorrow.
I've just put a local insurance broker on the case that my mother uses. Would never normally go this route but good luck to them! As I say NFU is backup, need isurance from Thursday when my driveway ends.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back