MG4 Mats Availability

It really does ... I did it myself. Rotate the bit on the floor 90° left or right and push the mat through so that the floor clip sits inside the mat. Then rotate the floor clip 90° in the opposite direction to lock the mat in place. Repeat for the other clip.

View attachment 14147
Glad I read this thread. Saved me a lot of head scratching. Oddly received our order today from Carmats.co.uk and the retainer clips on ours have been mounted on horizontally, so just had to unclip them and 90 degree rotate them.

IMG_20230609_154539_edit_573316820653141.jpg

My dealer gave them to me for free. Not a deal breaker if I didn't get them. But, to be frank, it's ridiculous if you don't get them for free. Never had to pay for mats in 20+ years.

Sigh. I had such stars in my eyes after my test drive that I had zero bargaining power. I even said, "I've had mats free with my previous cars," to which the dealer just returned a mild, silent stare.

Reader, I paid for them.

I'm more annoyed about the type 2 charger cable, because I thought that by saying yes to that I'd get one of the snazzy MG branded bags I've seen in review videos. But what I got was a generic cable in a something.com bag, probably way cheaper on Amazon.

Sigh. I had such stars in my eyes after my test drive that I had zero bargaining power. I even said, "I've had mats free with my previous cars," to which the dealer just returned a mild, silent stare.

Reader, I paid for them.

I'm more annoyed about the type 2 charger cable, because I thought that by saying yes to that I'd get one of the snazzy MG branded bags I've seen in review videos. But what I got was a generic cable in a something.com bag, probably way cheaper on Amazon.
We just got a granny cable and nowt else, bought a second hand Mennekes 'Mercedes' branded one off fleabay rather than opting for a dubious third party manufactured one on Amazon, then a masterplug branded charging case from Argos for £11.99 a whopping £1 cheaper than Screwfix and other places.

In fact, I advise anyone to check some of the deals out on eBay that are after a type 2 charging cable....shopping around you can get many 32a Mennekes cables of various brands including 'Kia' and 'Mercedes' for around £70-£80.

We got one in pretty good condition, a 32a 7.5m for £80, obviously a few scrapes here and there to the housing of the charging ends, and a little grubby along the length of cable which cleaned up to near mint with 20 minutes of elbow grease with some antibacterial wipes, but way more trustworthy and cheaper than third party ones.

Reader, I paid for them.

Do not worry Rolfe. The MG ‘Snazzy bag’ is about as pound stretcher as they come. Two zips (thankfully) as the first zip derailed on the very first use! Look nice, but utter tatt.

We just got a granny cable and nowt else, bought a second hand Mennekes 'Mercedes' branded one off fleabay rather than opting for a dubious third party manufactured one on Amazon, then a masterplug branded charging case from Argos for £11.99 a whopping £1 cheaper than Screwfix and other places.

In fact, I advise anyone to check some of the deals out on eBay that are after a type 2 charging cable....shopping around you can get many 32a Mennekes cables of various brands including 'Kia' and 'Mercedes' for around £70-£80.

We got one in pretty good condition, a 32a 7.5m for £80, obviously a few scrapes here and there to the housing of the charging ends, and a little grubby along the length of cable which cleaned up to near mint with 20 minutes of elbow grease with some antibacterial wipes, but way more trustworthy and cheaper than third party ones.

Oh, I got the granny cable as part of the original deal OK, and that was in an MG branded case all right. I thought all EVs came with one, but my gardener, who has just bought (I think) a Leaf, was eyeing up my set-up and saying, I want one of these!

Do not worry Rolfe. The MG ‘Snazzy bag’ is about as pound stretcher as they come. Two zips (thankfully) as the first zip derailed on the very first use! Look nice, but utter tatt.

It was the looks I was after! I'm shallow that way.

To be fair the bag and cable seem to be decent quality, I have no complaints on that front.

And that stupid pocket inside the bag that snags on the cables as you're trying to hold the bag open with one hand and put the cable in with the other. 😕

It was the looks I was after! I'm shallow that way.

To be fair the bag and cable seem to be decent quality, I have no complaints on that front.
Hopefully they upt their game when I (against my better judgement) off-load my Tango MG4 for a MGC (hopefully ‘C’ and not ‘Cyberster’ that just sounds like a Blue Peter Tongue Twister. (or is that one? ).

And that stupid pocket inside the bag that snags on the cables as you're trying to hold the bag open with one hand and put the cable in with the other. 😕
Whole-heartedly agree

I gave up trying to find any mats in Australia that weren’t wildly overpriced, so it called for a dodgy DIY job consisting of a $16 set of four mats, a craft knife, 3D-printed retaining clips, and metal/rubber door edge protector to trim it with. Voila!

Yeah I know, the grey trim is way too light but in my defense it looked darker in the photos on eBay 😋

Attachments

• IMG_4019.jpeg
    IMG_4019.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I gave up trying to find any mats in Australia that weren’t wildly overpriced, so it called for a dodgy DIY job consisting of a $16 set of four mats, a craft knife, 3D-printed retaining clips, and metal/rubber door edge protector to trim it with. Voila!

Yeah I know, the grey trim is way too light but in my defense on it looked darker in the photos on eBay 😋
You could use some fabric paint to darken/change the colour of the trim.

I found these that looked decent

I can vouch for these. Cheap but good quality. And tailored. 👍

£18 delivered. Bargain.

Fully Tailored MG Motors UK MG4 EV 2022 on Floor Mat Set for in 500gsm Black Carpet. All our mats are made in 500gsm Black Carpet and comes with a Black Edging. All our mats come with anti slip backing to stop movement of your mats and a surface area that is easy to clean. OE fixings are fitted where applicable to ensure your mats stay in the correct place in your vehicle. Every mat is cut on site by a team of the most experienced people using the most up to date manufacturing processors to ensure your mat fits perfect every time. Once cut every item is dispatched within 2 working day to ensure you receive your item as soon as possible. Image of the mat in this listing is the exact shape you will receive so if you think this is not correct, please message us beforehand and we will help with any queries. We use Nationwide couriers to deliver our items and every item comes with FREE tracking and can be delivered to UK & Ireland only.

20231003_165652.jpg

Attachments

• 20231003_165700.jpg
    20231003_165700.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I can vouch for these. Cheap but good quality. And tailored. 👍

£18 delivered. Bargain.

Fully Tailored MG Motors UK MG4 EV 2022 on Floor Mat Set for in 500gsm Black Carpet. All our mats are made in 500gsm Black Carpet and comes with a Black Edging. All our mats come with anti slip backing to stop movement of your mats and a surface area that is easy to clean. OE fixings are fitted where applicable to ensure your mats stay in the correct place in your vehicle. Every mat is cut on site by a team of the most experienced people using the most up to date manufacturing processors to ensure your mat fits perfect every time. Once cut every item is dispatched within 2 working day to ensure you receive your item as soon as possible. Image of the mat in this listing is the exact shape you will receive so if you think this is not correct, please message us beforehand and we will help with any queries. We use Nationwide couriers to deliver our items and every item comes with FREE tracking and can be delivered to UK & Ireland only.
Makes a mockery out of the £73 OEM MG mats which are not great quality.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I found these that looked decent
Took a chance on a set of the all weather mats and have to say Im very pleased. They are good quality, dont have a nasty chemical smell. I like the fact they have the lip around to contain dirt and water. Also supplied with plugs for drivers side, photos attached but have left in packaging for storage as I dont have the car yet 😢

Also excellent service from the vendor, ordered 14.45 yesterday, arrived 09.45 today!

Good spotting Richmorr 👍

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 61
There’s MG Mats hanging up in my dealership @£99
Amazon got some for £30
Will do me

Took a chance on a set of the all weather mats and have to say Im very pleased. They are good quality, dont have a nasty chemical smell.
Did you get the boot liner as well? I’m hoping it will be available soon locally and it looks much better than any of the others I’ve seen. Wondering if it’s sturdy but without weighing a tonne (like heavy duty rubber ones tend to)

No because it says not suitable for Trophy model. So as Im waiting for an XPower, didnt want to buy it in case it doesnt fit. Plus I have a couple from previous cars that Im going to cut to size.

No because it says not suitable for Trophy model. So as Im waiting for an XPower, didnt want to buy it in case it doesnt fit. Plus I have a couple from previous cars that Im going to cut to size.
Ah good point.. they use different model names here for the MG4 range* so I guess I’d better wait to see if it’s suitable for mine.

(Edit: and after a quick search different specs too.. I can’t believe in the UK there’s no parking camera and no Bluetooth Key in every model, and they cost £5000 more than the equivalent here?? I’ll never complain again about the exhorbitant price of electronics and appliances in Australia 😶)

Last edited:
A bit off-topic, but speaking of that store I couldn’t resist getting their silicone key fob covers. They might seem like a silly idea to some, but man have they stopped my key getting scratched to hell like previous ones did. (And I no longer have to be paranoid about it unclasping from the key ring! 🙂 )
Totally agree have bought for previous cars and have a good collection of different ones 🤣
Will be getting for this one as well.

I received MG4 OEM Mats from my dealer at delivery (October '22) FOC. Initially they had fitted MG 5 ones! Well, I say fitted, they were just in the car . I pointed this out and they changed them and put the anchors in . I've done 15000 miles and they've held up really well.

I expect this is because of the Trophy's movable floor panel.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back