MG4 Mats Availability

In Ireland the exclusive trim (trophy) gets mats and 2 charger cables…is that not the case in the U.K.?
This is not the case in Ireland unfortunately.
Mats are optional extras (dealer might throw them in for free, but Frank Keane Dublin 100% do not, as I'm looking at their sales spec sheet here), and charger type included is only granny cable by default. Some early models shipped with both types included, but both Frank Keane and Linders Dublin would only commit to granny cable when I asked (as per official MG spec sheet).

If you got mats and Type2 charger with yours, you're very lucky!

Last edited:
This is not the case in Ireland unfortunately.
Mats are optional extras (dealer might throw them in for free, but Frank Keane Dublin 100% do not, as I'm looking at their sales spec sheet here), and charger type included is only granny cable by default. Some early models shipped with both types included, but both Frank Keane and Linders Dublin would only commit to granny cable when I asked (as per official MG spec sheet).

If you got mats and Type2 charger with yours, you're very lucky!
A friend picked hers up in January. Was an October order and got mats and both cables so could well be that it was an early order.

I’m not too worried about the cable as I have one already but I very much want mats!

I’m not too worried about the cable as I have one already but I very much want mats!
Yes, even with a VERY cheap car (which the MG4 actually isn't) complimentary floor mats are the absolute minimum a dealer should stretch to. With a little bit of nagging we usually got some goodies, too, like toys for the kid and little freebies like pens, towels, well automotive gifts in general. BMW even gave us a slide car once.

Yes, even with a VERY cheap car (which the MG4 actually isn't) complimentary floor mats are the absolute minimum a dealer should stretch to. With a little bit of nagging we usually got some goodies, too, like toys for the kid and little freebies like pens, towels, well automotive gifts in general. BMW even gave us a slide car once.
Well yes, I do agree although I was rather seduced by them upping our trade in offer by £900, felt that was looking after us.

So they couriered the templates to me next day with a sample, everything fits perfectly and next they will make the actual mats.

This is pretty darn good I think, even if I have had to wait.
272F243C-CBCE-4F70-AF58-1B9E0D95C8A3.jpeg

Thought I would start a thread on mats. I cannot find mats anywhere, the MG4 is not even listed on the MG Accessories webpage yet. Hopefully someone in the know will post here as and when they become available. Picking my car up hopefully next week so I’m going to get my wife to carry me across the gravel drive as a temporary measure.
I got my MG4 November last year and got some tailored rubber mats and tailored carpet mats from ebay. Fit perfectly and have the holes for the locating clips in drivers one.

Right, so as an update, the mats finally arrived yesterday. After the back and forth with the templates and not receiving emails from them they finished the mats on Monday and couriered them for next-day-am delivery, which was a nice touch.

Very happy with the quality of the result, will post some pictures soon, but just be aware if you are spending on the more expensive ones it won't arrive quickly, takes longer to make and also the templates are required for approval first.

I'm Ash 👋 and I run/own CarMats.co.uk.

We noticed the traffic from the thread today so I wanted to pop in and say hi.

We have the templates coming in for the MG4 which is why we now have them on pre-order, these will match MG OEM shapes.

Happy to help if anyone has any questions.
Will this include lipped rubber car AND boot mats?

Without reading 17 pages…..

Is there anything wrong with buying the £70 mats my car came with from MG?
There's nothing wrong with buying MG's mats. They weren't available early on and some dealers priced at £100. Aftermarket mats are available from £25 upwards and have a very wide range of material / trim / colour options, so some people prefer them.

Without reading 17 pages…..

Is there anything wrong with buying the £70 mats my car came with from MG?

No, other than they don’t be ‘worth’ £70.
In real world terms they’ll be mats easily matched by £30 aftermarket ones.
And the same £70 will get you better aftermarket ones.

No, other than they don’t be ‘worth’ £70.
In real world terms they’ll be mats easily matched by £30 aftermarket ones.
And the same £70 will get you better aftermarket ones.
As i just spent 29,200 on a car faffing about on 70 quid mats seemed petty. So i ordered them with the car.

Ive had cheap mats hole in the heel area before and curl up too.

But you do you.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel