MG4 Mats Availability

I purchased my MG4 mats from Carmats. Fitted perfectly. Got the mid spec thicker trim with blue piping to match the colour of the car.
Many in this thread have purchased from them. I also got mine in November đź‘Ť

Only the upper part of the clip (car side) will rotate, the lower (and bigger) part is fixed. The mat part won't go over it. I will try to take a better picture to explain. It does not fit.

Edit: Now. The upper part of the clip in the car can be rotated. But the lower part (the one the mat hole should go over) is aligned front to back. The hole on the mat is aligned side to side.

TlXO6uC.jpg
The bit on the floor rotates ;)

Rotate it so you can slide over the mat clip, then rotate it back to lock the mat in place. :)

It really does ... I did it myself. Rotate the bit on the floor 90° left or right and push the mat through so that the floor clip sits inside the mat. Then rotate the floor clip 90° in the opposite direction to lock the mat in place. Repeat for the other clip.

1672583072531.png

They don't align. The lower part is 90° wrong. Obviously your holes in the mats align from front to back while mine do side to side.

I don't know what else I can do to show this than a video with the hole not fitting.

That's a fault with the mat then ... although the two halves (top/bottom) do come part and can be refitted to realign them.

Sorry - I interpreted your post as saying that ALL mats had this problem, when it is clear that they don't. If YOUR mat has this problem then you need to raise it with your supplier. :)

There you go.
I’m not sure if it’s a fault with the mat or the fastening on the floor of the car, Eber. Looking at @siteguru fastening, it is aligned with the clip that can rotate, whereas yours is preventing your mat from sitting flush against the floor. What do you think? Can the little raised bit also be rotated like the clip?
Edited to say, Ian made a good point of seeing if you can rotate the fittings in the mat first to align with the floor clip?
212C0BA2-8525-4B4D-953E-3F1757244B86.jpeg

Last edited:
You don't need to do anything drastic. Mine had the same. You can separate the clip on the mat. Rotate 90° and the clip back. Jobs done. It would be a waste of your time to go back to a dealer. Took me about 10mins (trying to avoid cracking the clip and scraping the skin off my fingers!)
IMG_20230101_153931.jpg

You don't need to do anything drastic. Mine had the same. You can separate the clip on the mat. Rotate 90° and the clip back. Jobs done. It would be a waste of your time to go back to a dealer. Took me about 10mins (trying to avoid cracking the clip and scraping the skin off my fingers!)View attachment 14154
That helps, thank you!
(Although I have to go to the dealer anyway because of multiple issues... )

Received my mats from car mats.co.uk. They fit perfectly. I just needed to rotate (with my fingers) the rectangular slot on the driver’s mat to align with the studs on the floor of the car. 90 second job. Mats look good.

Bought these which arrived today, they look ok and don't smell as claimed, although a little thinner than expected. Not fitted as not got car yet, but the fitting rings do rotate in the mat.

Attachments

• 42766251-9BA3-4EBE-93BF-B92249CE4895.png
    42766251-9BA3-4EBE-93BF-B92249CE4895.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%