MG4 Mats Availability

If it's cars2 Barnsley I'm having interesting conversations around missing undertrays and gearbox incontinence
I just dont get some dealers attitude. If they dont sort my bubbling dashboard they might be getting the car back as I WILL reject it. Its currently sat on my drive because they laughed at me when I said the insurance company wont see it for 5 days on their database. Cant insure it until it appears. Not a happy customer at all

I just dont get some dealers attitude. If they dont sort my bubbling dashboard they might be getting the car back as I WILL reject it. Its currently sat on my drive because they laughed at me when I said the insurance company wont see it for 5 days on their database. Cant insure it until it appears. Not a happy customer at all
Admiral let me insure it with the reg and make and model, without it automatically pulling through.

Do tell…

Basically collected the car, asked about undertray and such advised it had passed PDI didn't think anything of it, but as soon as I was home thought of take a look, and... No undertray or rear deflector, called dealer who advised service department say MG are doing this now to stop undertray issues (they did the undertray delete 😂)

Well saw others were still getting cars with under trays so emailed MG Motors UK and got the response that it definitely should have those parts, sent to dealer and has take over a week of chasing for confirmation that they have ordered the parts but can't provide an ETA, so told them I'd take the parts off their demo as I don't want electrical components getting wet under the car, they agreed if the wait is excessive from MG they'll take the parts off the demo.

Then mentioned my gearbox was incontinent and relieving itself on our drive, they said they'll look at same time as sorting under tray 🤦🏻‍♂️

Then mentioned my gearbox was incontinent and relieving itself on our drive, they said they'll look at same time as sorting under tray 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’m still surprised (and at the same time, not surprised) that dealers are releasing cars knowing full well that they will probably drop oil. I hope you get it resolved quickly without having to make multiple visits to the dealer.

Going to check mine this morning. Make sure they have not removed anything from mine. No wonder dealers get a bad name. Business built on lies by the looks

Going to check mine this morning. Make sure they have not removed anything from mine. No wonder dealers get a bad name. Business built on lies by the looks
There is no reason it needs to be visible to be able to insure it. Worst care, are you aware you can get 5 days drive away insurance from MG insurance, this is extending the 24 hour insurance. You just need to call them and be willing to get a quote for the extension.
Screenshot_20221231-101703.png

Apparently the dealer is responsible for the drive away and MG have nothing to do with it. I spoke to someone at MG customer service this morning and they have said that its the dealer who has to deal with the insurance. The dealer says MG dont provide anything and they do it with a third party so I think its more excuses. Meanwhile I have paid £31k+ for a car I cant drive. Not a very impressed bunny at the minute

Apparently the dealer is responsible for the drive away and MG have nothing to do with it. I spoke to someone at MG customer service this morning and they have said that its the dealer who has to deal with the insurance. The dealer says MG dont provide anything and they do it with a third party so I think its more excuses. Meanwhile I have paid £31k+ for a car I cant drive. Not a very impressed bunny at the minute
Yes the dealer may arrange 1 day drive away, but you can call MG insurance (not MG or your dealer) and get 5 days for free.
Give MG insurance a call for a quote, no obligation and get 5 days free cover. 0330 102 7798
Check the faqs on mg insurance website, under help>FAQ>driveway see my previous screen shot.

This is what I did as I had my other car for a switch over period before sold that on.

When I got my car the vrm wasn't on the database, the just arranged it manually (for want of a better term) gave them the make, spec and model and vrm and they sorted it without issue.
You basically have a £31k investment on your drive that's at the mercy of everything! Hope you get it sorted

When I got my car the vrm wasn't on the database, the just arranged it manually (for want of a better term) gave them the make, spec and model and vrm and they sorted it without issue.
You basically have a £31k investment on your drive that's at the mercy of everything! Hope you get it sorted
Agreed, I don't see why a call to the insurance company should be able to fix it, the car itself should need to be visible to be able to insure it. I can understand you may need to talk to someone though in some cases.

Back to topic - I really can't believe that even on the original dealer supplied mats the fixings are wrong. They are rotated 90° and thus can't be installed.

Not really keen on botching this myself so I will bother the dealer with it.

UQ3Ng66.jpg

Back to topic - I really can't believe that even on the original dealer supplied mats the fixings are wrong. They are rotated 90° and thus can't be installed.

UQ3Ng66.jpg
Do the holes line up?

UQ3Ng66.jpg
Uhm not sure if this is a wind up, but rotate the oblong but through 90degrees and it'll fit

Uhm not sure if this is a wind up, but rotate the oblong but through 90degrees and it'll fit
Was waiting to say that, just wanted to make sure the holes lined up first👍

Thought I would start a thread on mats. I cannot find mats anywhere, the MG4 is not even listed on the MG Accessories webpage yet. Hopefully someone in the know will post here as and when they become available. Picking my car up hopefully next week so I’m going to get my wife to carry me across the gravel drive as a temporary measure.
I purchased my MG4 mats from Carmats. Fitted perfectly. Got the mid spec thicker trim with blue piping to match the colour of the car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-01-10-59-48-358_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-01-10-59-48-358_com.android.chrome.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 59
Only the upper part of the clip (car side) will rotate, the lower (and bigger) part is fixed. The mat part won't go over it. I will try to take a better picture to explain. It does not fit.

Edit: Now. The upper part of the clip in the car can be rotated. But the lower part (the one the mat hole should go over) is aligned front to back. The hole on the mat is aligned side to side.

TlXO6uC.jpg

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums