MG4 Mats Availability

Picked up my MG4 Trophy yesterday. Had ordered mats from CarMats.co.uk in advance. When the mats were delivered the clips looked like they had been installed at the wrong alignment. Sent a photo to CarMats and Kate sent me the following response:

It looks like each adjustable clip may need repositioning ever so slightly.

To do this you need to open the clips up, they should pull apart from either side by hand or you can use a flat screwdriver to gently prise apart. If you have more than one clip in your mat please remove all clips before moving to the next step.

Once the clips are apart, please position the mat in the car & the fixings in the footwell should fit through the holes in the mat.

At that point you can now see where the clips need positioning within the holes in the mat. Put the clips in place so they are in the correct position with the mat sandwiched between them.

Now push the clips together from either side of the mat until they click through.

When I went to fit the mats into the car, they defiantly were not going to fit without moving the clips. Followed Kate's instructions and the mats went in. Still not a perfect fit, mat is a little to one side, but not a problem.

Thought the reply from CarMats may help others.

Attachments

• IMG_20221120_130337.jpg
    IMG_20221120_130337.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 137
I had tried a similar adjustment and my mats were still too far towards the drives door. Sent measurements through to carmats and they are sorting a new drives mat. Yet to arrive but good service I would say, hopefully the replacement mat will be a good fit.

Given its only the drivers mat that seems to be giving most issues then Dan should consider automatic replacement of said mat if anyone raises a problem that fettling can't fix. Perhaps a revisit to the original template and a greater comparison to an official MG mat would get a good idea. Good for his business reputation and reviews on this forum. I have mine but no car to fit them to so I might be ????? down the line before discovering an issue.
Dan must be busy!! At least you received them, EVRI said something went wrong with the delivery and never seen the Mats. They have offered to send a new set, I requested by a different courier, so we will see. Either that or money back.

That'll be a Hermes Evri thing ... and it often depends on your local driver/team. My mats came exactly when expected - far quicker than the car (which I still don't have yet)! 🙄

That'll be a Hermes Evri thing ... and it often depends on your local driver/team. My mats came exactly when expected - far quicker than the car (which I still don't have yet)! 🙄
Agreed, my local hermes...sorry evri courier sent me a lovely photo of a completely different house in a location nowhere near where I live and told me I wasn't in therefore they could not deliver...early finish then perhaps for that courier....

I've had the same Evri driver delivering to me for several years with no problem. The problems I have had with them has occurred at the main sorting depots.

Agreed, my local hermes...sorry evri courier sent me a lovely photo of a completely different house in a location nowhere near where I live and told me I wasn't in therefore they could not deliver...early finish then perhaps for that courier....
Maybe it's time to complain to Evri head office, attaching the photo & a Google Maps pin showing what your house really looks like?

Maybe it's time to complain to Evri head office, attaching the photo & a Google Maps pin showing what your house really looks like?
I think I was lucky with my mats. Since they got delivered we’ve had 5 parcels go missing with Evri.

By the way of it helps get a response (it did with me). The CEOs email is martijn.delange at evri.co.uk

Although often the responsibility lies with the sender to make a claim and refund/replace)

Evri does not deal with recipients only senders...try contacting them through normal channels it's as near to impossible as you can get. Head office, don't make me laugh, they are about as responsive as a test drive dummy from my experience.

The CEO one is interesting, I wonder how full his email inbox is..

Alan

Although often the responsibility lies with the sender to make a claim and refund/replace)
That's correct. The sender has made a contract with the delivery firm so the sender has to sort out any problems not the buyer. Also if you sort the problem out the sender doesn't know there are problems with that carrier so will continue to use them.

I had tried a similar adjustment and my mats were still too far towards the drives door. Sent measurements through to carmats and they are sorting a new drives mat. Yet to arrive but good service I would say, hopefully the replacement mat will be a good fit.
I mentioned my driver mat is too far right in a Google review of carmats, I wasn’t offered any replacement.

An update on the mats I had initially received. The 1st set I received failed to fit due to the location of the lugs in my MG4. So as per the email from carmats when they dispatched them I sent an email back to the customer services team. Dan picked up my case and looked into this, the initial response being as has previously been posted to try and move the location of the hole in the mats. This not working I went back with photos and measurements of the issue, Dan asked me to leave this with him to look to resolve and told me to continue to use the mats I had received to protect my car.
So Dan kept me up to date with things and they arranged a replacement set of mats, these have turned up today and bit perfectly.
So kudos to carmats.co.uk for resolving the issue, not of their own making, as the MG4 seems to have the lugs in a variable position.

An update on the mats I had initially received. The 1st set I received failed to fit due to the location of the lugs in my MG4. So as per the email from carmats when they dispatched them I sent an email back to the customer services team. Dan picked up my case and looked into this, the initial response being as has previously been posted to try and move the location of the hole in the mats. This not working I went back with photos and measurements of the issue, Dan asked me to leave this with him to look to resolve and told me to continue to use the mats I had received to protect my car.
So Dan kept me up to date with things and they arranged a replacement set of mats, these have turned up today and bit perfectly.
So kudos to carmats.co.uk for resolving the issue, not of their own making, as the MG4 seems to have the lugs in a variable position.
Glad to hear this, I’m due to receive a new drivers mat any day now and I think they might be using your measurements

I fitted my mats today ... all were OK except for the driver's mat. The holes pitch was spot on vs the floor clips - just that they're 6-10mm too far to the left of the mat (as viewed from the driver's seat). I managed to move the "holes" (i.e. the mat fixings) approx. 3-4 mm and the fitting is OK - could do with moving another few mm for a perfect fit but I can't do it.

1669389383644.png

IMG_20221125_125505.jpg
My boot liner arrived from AliExpress. Of the dozens of options I went for the short trim all the way around and white stitching to match the car. It's a reasonable if not great fit - a simple rectangular tray that doesn't quite adapt to the car's subtly shaped wheel arches. But at £20 I feel it's decent value and will protect the car well. I've never bothered in the past, but in a few months we'll be needing to stick a buggy in there.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back