MG4 Mats Availability

exactly the same issue as mine. Can’t blame the car for this one in my opinion. I resolved by removing the original clips (initially believing they could be moved) and fitted some screw in clips.

My fit is off by the same…too far across towards the drivers side, I’ve had to place it underneath the trim so it’s covered and not flapping around on the side.

I was told that the positioning of the clips is different on all MG4s hence the fit issues, but if everyone is having the exact same issue and that the mats are all too close to the drivers side and not fitting, surely the issue is with the mats as opposed to the clips?

Last edited:
My fit is off by the same…too far across towards the drivers side, I’ve had to place it underneath the trim so it’s covered and not flapping around on the side.

I was told that the positioning of the clips is different on all MG4s Janice the fit issues, but if everyone is having the exact same issue and that the mats are all too close to the drivers side and not fitting, surely the issue is with the mats as opposed to the clips?
It's starting to sound like they took their measurements off a car with wrongly placed clips

I'm Ash 👋 and I run/own CarMats.co.uk.

We noticed the traffic from the thread today so I wanted to pop in and say hi.

We have the templates coming in for the MG4 which is why we now have them on pre-order, these will match MG OEM shapes.

Happy to help if anyone has any questions.
hi, can you email me with a price for a set of front and rear mats. Are you likely to put a coloured stitch in them, if so, I would request a set with red stitching

It does feel like the MG original mats are narrower to allow for variations in the clip location. Car masts seem to have widened the mat to fill the space better, this makes sense though with the variation causes issues in some cases.
Hopefully we can get some luck with them, and if nothing else maybe they will consider changing to shape to resolve the issue.

It does feel like the MG original mats are narrower to allow for variations in the clip location. Car masts seem to have widened the mat to fill the space better, this makes sense though with the variation causes issues in some cases.
Hopefully we can get some luck with them, and if nothing else maybe they will consider changing to shape to resolve the issue.
Or would they sell them without the holes and the fittings separate so those of us who wanted to could put them in the right place for our car?

Or would they sell them without the holes and the fittings separate so those of us who wanted to could put them in the right place for our car?
That's not a bad idea, just the mats with no holes or anything like that? You could always put a couple of velcro strips on the underside of the mat and on the floor of the car to keep them in place

Just adding in my experience with mats from carmats.co.uk - clips in perfect position and overall a pretty decent fit:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Only the top part of the clip should move to lock it in.
I'd originally fitted them in a rush at work and hadn't worked this out. Very easy once you'd pointed it out. Thank you. The mats are, mostly a good fit: just a bit short near the driver's foot rest.

This was the spec:

Quality: Super
Mat Colour: Graphite
Trim Colour: Black Rolled Edge
Heelpad: Carpet

Graphite as the main colour looks terrific and really goes well with the existing carpet. 👍🏽

we went for the £20 delivered (for 4 !) version - they seem that they are the same as the original carpet? - well happy

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpeg
    IMG_4441.jpeg
    656.7 KB · Views: 139
If you look closely in this YouTube Shorts video, the mats have an MG logo… are these an official product?

Thought I would start a thread on mats. I cannot find mats anywhere, the MG4 is not even listed on the MG Accessories webpage yet. Hopefully someone in the know will post here as and when they become available. Picking my car up hopefully next week so I’m going to get my wife to carry me across the gravel drive as a temporary measure.
I found some on Ebay for £89 supplied by Chorley Nissan , Burnley

If you look closely in this YouTube Shorts video, the mats have an MG logo… are these an official product?

I doubt it - I got that mats , V2L cable , mud flaps , sill protectors etc all for less than £100 via Ali express - just go with everything is fake n cheep, which I'm still trying to get my head around (as certainly in the last few months is that chinese products are the way to go?? (compared to JP, GDR etc. )

Attachments

• IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 135

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member