• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Range

chelsea56

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I have a mg4 se long range but it’s only showing 195 miles range when I started it up this afternoon?????:confused::confused:

Range Displayed

The range displayed is not wholly based on the battery capacity and the mileage advertised.

An algorithm within the car looks at existing battery capacity and driving history, examining previous journeys miles per kwh for example and derives an estimate of what range may be available.

Speed, cabin heating, terrain, regen use, weather conditions, to name some of the factors involved, will have an impact on miles per kwh and therefore it is purely an estimate, as was the range when you collected your vehicle.

The range available will not take into consideration the type of journey you may have planned based on the above factors and therefore regard it as just an estimate.

Last edited:
Noticed he was absent and read all his last posts, out of curiosity, failed to see the issue with them,

You omitted the important one - how have you been driving it? The GOM estimates range based on the average miles per kWh since the previous charge (or since the last Start).

If you'd been getting 3 mpkWh then 3 x 61.7 = 185 miles. 195 miles would suggest just under 3.2 mpkWh.

You omitted the important one - how have you been driving it? The GOM estimates range based on the average miles per kWh since the previous charge (or since the last Start).

If you'd been getting 3 mpkWh then 3 x 61.7 = 185 miles. 195 miles would suggest just under 3.2 mpkWh.
Yes nearly all my running is non town use but I do generally keep to the limits

Just thought to open up this thread to discuss the range of MG4 cars.
Anyone noticed that MG4 range is significantly down. I have MG4 Trophy and its only showing 220miles after 100% charge. Anyone experiencing similar issue?

If anyone know settings which will increase the range, please reply.

Many Thanks

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel