MG4 Range

Yes it is tied to the accumulated total trip.
Mine reset itself a month ago and my range shot up. I find it quite accurate.
It was pessimistic before the reset as it was based off the accumulated mileage done in winter and when I was enjoying myself a little more in it ;)
So, you should be able to help your GOM to achieve a degree of accuracy by resetting the accumulated trip meter every month, or maybe even only four times a year in line with seasonal changes.

Yes it is tied to the accumulated total trip.

If that's true then its more wildly optimistic than I imagined. My accumulated total is sitting at 3.8, haven't reset it for 2 months / 1800 miles.
My short term trips are returning 4.1 at the moment with the warmer weather, GOM is suggesting around 4.5 miles / kWh judging by it's figures.
It's like it's giving me estimates based on the bigger battery :oops:

If that's true then its more wildly optimistic than I imagined. My accumulated total is sitting at 3.8, haven't reset it for 2 months / 1800 miles.
My short term trips are returning 4.1 at the moment with the warmer weather, GOM is suggesting around 4.5 miles / kWh judging by it's figures.
It's like it's giving me estimates based on the bigger battery :oops:
When I saw your figures, I did think you had the bigger battery 😂

IMG_9480.jpeg

Following on from my post of my accumulated efficiency for April, here's May. As before, it's a mix of motorway, A road and local driving, at speed limits and with aircon/heating set to be comfortable (Trophy). Efficiency of 3.8 compares with 3.5 in April. That's a real world average range of 234 miles in May. I'll post again at the end of June.

Really impressed with the range of my SE SR.
Bristol to Southampton Docks and back and still had 42% of battery left. Actual miles per kWh was 4.8 which was much better than I expected. And that was with a very heavy load of suitcases. And so much fun to drive.

According to the AA, that's a 150 mile round trip by the shortest route. That's extremely good efficiency. I suppose on that route you're not going at motorway speeds though.
I used the A36 and the round trip was about 160 miles. During the straight sections of the road, it dropped to 4.7 and the town sections including Salisbury, Warminster and Bath brought it back to 4.8.

That's amazing. Can I have some of what you're having?

I'm driving a round trip of about 120 miles tomorrow and I'll be very happy if I have that much left when I get home.

A lot of motorway though.

View attachment 17931
Following on from my post of my accumulated efficiency for April, here's May. As before, it's a mix of motorway, A road and local driving, at speed limits and with aircon/heating set to be comfortable (Trophy). Efficiency of 3.8 compares with 3.5 in April. That's a real world average range of 234 miles in May. I'll post again at the end of June.
Excellent

That's amazing. Can I have some of what you're having?

I'm driving a round trip of about 120 miles tomorrow and I'll be very happy if I have that much left when I get home.

A lot of motorway though.
I was driving in Normal Mode Regen 3 which is the normal way I drive. But I am a relatively careful driver and try to stick to the speed limits.

Hi Rolfe, mine is same as yours SE SR, had an easy week with longest trip 26 miles and all local roads since charging last Monday:

It was almost two weeks since I'd charged. Into Edinburgh a couple of times but mainly short local journeys. I was on 61% but obviously had to charge before tomorrow's run.

I could just have put the car on the granny charger evening/night, but the rapid charger is actually about 2p cheaper per unit than my home supply and it's very near the church, so I just left it on the rapid charger during the service. Got to 98% so went home and finished off on the granny charger to let the battery balance, and all ready to go.

Overall I think I'll let the car go down maybe to 50% before charging if I'm only doing short runs, but then if I do plan a longer one it will get charged for that anyway. I'll probably have another session on the rapid charger when I get home tomorrow, and finish on the granny charger overnight, ready for another week. Or fortnight, or whatever.

I thought that I understood this range stuff, now I am clueless. Not sad, but, happy clueless. My MG4 is the short range bought November 22. I don't use the heater much and in the hot weather I open the windows so no air con. Don't do many miles, around 2,000 at the moment.
I set the car to Eco, minimum regen, the blasted LKA off and have for the last few weeks been getting 4.9 mpkw. Did get it up to 5.2 one day in traffic. Winter range was around 170miles. I keep up with traffic although I do not accelerate harshly.
Now this is the fun bit, charged at Gridlserve today (June 23, 27 degrees) and at 100% my estimated range was 273 miles. Who needs a Trophy? I'm an old happy chappie.

Remember that the GoM will show estimated remaining range based on whatever drive mode you've selected (Eco/Normal/Sport) ... the app always shows based on Eco.

Since my last charge I'm seeing 3.4 mpkWh on the car. App shows estimated range as 68 miles with 40% charge remaining.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back