MG4 Reviews from various online publications

We are really lucky in Scotland with charge place Scotland the RFID card works perfect, just touch it against the scanner and off it goes, touch it when you are done and it stops, never had an issue with it
The one I used in Arrochar had Start and Stop buttons ... Start seemed superfluous as it started after I plugged in and scanned the card. The Stop button seemed to work though ... I wouldn't have thought about scanning the card again.

Our charger has a big red "emergency stop" button with stern instructions not to use it except in an emergency. The touch-screen has start and stop buttons, the start is showing when you show up, and you have to touch it to get going, at which point the screen will tell you what to do. While you're charging the stop button is showing, and you touch it to stop, but then it tells you to touch the card to the reader to stop.

When the card reader was out of order the RFID card had to be touched to a different spot on the charger to stop - there was no stop button, and I had a panicky moment when I thought it wasn't going to stop. I was already near the end of the 10-minute grace period on top of the allowed time. I got it stopped 15 seconds from a £10 fine.

But when the card reader is working it all happens using that, including when you use the RFID card, and that responds instantly.

He knows the steering wheel buttons are programmable, but he still bitches that there's no other way to change the temperature or the fan speed or the radio station or the volume other than tapping the central screen...

Somebody really needs to tell these reviewers how this car works.

That's an SE and he has a false floor in the boot. How come?

He knows the steering wheel buttons are programmable, but he still bitches that there's no other way to change the temperature or the fan speed or the radio station or the volume other than tapping the central screen...

Also, I read somewhere on this forum that you can virtually permanently disable LKA by just enabling Lane Keeping Warning within the LKA setting.
Do you know if that is correct or have you tried that? :)

I'm not sure, I haven't tried it. I think I saw some comment that it doesn't work for some reason - maybe switching it to warning doesn't stick?

People who have had certain software updates seem to think it's less intrusive but it's hard to say as two people driving the same car sometimes have very different views on how it feels to them. I don't care, one thing I definitely do not require of any car of mine is that it takes control of the steering wheel, so I just switch it off.

Its not the same as the Trophy with a dual level floor its just a cover over the emergency tyre repair kit.

Are you sure? It looked like the false floor, not like the smaller panel that covers the repair kit. Maybe I need to watch it again.

ETA. I did look back at it and you're right. But two other things struck me. The rear windows are tinted and I thought that was only a Trophy thing, and he also talks about a reversing camera.

But two other things struck me. The rear windows are tinted and I thought that was only a Trophy thing, and he also talks about a reversing camera.
He says it lacks a reversion camera but has sensors. And I was under the impression all MG4's have privacy glass in rear windows?

I have one of the early SEs with privacy glass (or at least quite heavy tints if not true privacy glass).

1690307592167.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel