MG4 Reviews from various online publications

I don't see what's in it for MG not to let their early customers have access to the update. What would it cost them to do it? Not a lot. What would they gain? Goodwill, which tends to be a good thing all round. Even if they made it available as a chargeable item, that would probably satisfy most of the dissenters (so long as it wasn't extortionate).

Just sitting there saying, well, you had faith in the car at an early stage, you parted with your money which kept us solvent and allowed us to improve the product, and we could let you have this improvement, but we just won't, so sucks? Why?

Have a look at this German guy really put an SE SR (Excite 51) through its paces. I haven't seen his site before but he seems to get loads of cars and absolutely floors them with a GoPro on his head while his girlfriend hangs on for dear life in the passenger seat. She can be seen in the thumbnail relaxing by the car before it all gets going.

In this one he only slides out twice (and it recovers very well) while negotiating country roads and villages, with fortunately little traffic. And he gets a very respectable 16.1 kWh/100km (nearly 3.9 miles/kWh) consumption for the trip. It's a bit hard to pick the speeds all the time but it appears to be mostly around 100 km/h.

Last edited:
Have a look at this German guy really put an SE SR (Excite 51) through its paces. I haven't seen his site before but he seems to get loads of cars and absolutely floors them with a GoPro on his head while his girlfriend hangs on for dear life in the passenger seat. She can be seen in the thumbnail relaxing by the car before it all gets going.

In this one he only slides out twice (and it recovers very well) while negotiating country roads and villages, with fortunately little traffic. And he gets a very respectable 16.1 kWh/100km (nearly 3.9 miles/kWh) consumption for the trip. It's a bit hard to pick the speeds all the time but it appears to be mostly around 100 km/h.

How nice are the roads in Germany.

I thought it was maybe the sun going behind a cloud, but I can see you're right.
I used to be an amateur photographer, I even got published once*

* One of the "community" wallpapers for Ubuntu 14.04 was mine (below).
7Qpti3j.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel