MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Oh, so that's what that charging port was on the Tesla who had to drive away from the Stafford Ionity chargers without a charge. He was standing there holding the CCS connector and looking at his type 2 charging port with a big question mark over his head. (I was in the next bay.) I had no idea that sort of thing existed.

I'm still surprised the driver didn't know what the issue was.

So do I take it from that that video that Tesla V4 superchargers with contactless options are better for us MG4 drivers than the V3 ?
I think it depends on the updates your car has. Mine works seamlessly on V3 using the Tesla app. Yet to use a V4 supercharger (there aren't many).

So do I take it from that that video that Tesla V4 superchargers with contactless options are better for us MG4 drivers than the V3 ?

I guess so at present, however if you have a monthly subscription, then you'll miss out on the discount - I suspect the issue is more of the order which things are operated (given that another MG4 got it working), as all chargers are slightly different as to whether you start the app first, then plug in, or plug in, then start the app / card payment. I think there is another video to come out.

I think it depends on the updates your car has. Mine works seamlessly on V3 using the Tesla app. Yet to use a V4 supercharger (there aren't many).
I noticed that the V4 supercharger does have a very long cable which would be ok if the charge port of your EV was on the right hand side.
Thankfully my MG charge port is on the left, so it does not take up 2 stalls(V3)just to charge! Wouldn’t be very popular with other Tesla owners if I took up 2 spaces!

I noticed that the V4 supercharger does have a very long cable which would be ok if the charge port of your EV was on the right hand side.
Thankfully my MG charge port is on the left, so it does not take up 2 stalls(V3)just to charge! Wouldn’t be very popular with other Tesla owners if I took up 2 spaces!
Like the I.D. owners who have to wait for 2 bays to come available then hog both

Like the I.D. owners who have to wait for 2 bays to come available then hog both
I guess there’s a way around that which you could avoid taking 2 spaces, just use the very first supercharger on your right.
I’ve been looking at the Volvo EX 30 and Smart#3, both have the charge port in the left😉

Mine has worked perfectly on the tesla chargers at lakeside just off the m25 .
That is untill yesterday when the chargers (I tried 2)
Couldn't recognise the car.
I tried another charger at a harvester up the road same problem.

Arrived home with 1% battery.
Went to charge on my granny charger to find that the scheduled charging from the night before was still active on the app
I'm suspecting that is why the chargers were having a problem .
Once I'd turned the schedule off my granny charger worked fine .

He's been updated to R13 R16 (which he thinks is the latest software, really?) and hasn't noticed that he's lost the external temperature display?

He doesn't have the sound-proofing in his bonnet! Doesn't he realise? Has nobody told him?

Last edited:
He's been updated to R16 (which he thinks is the latest software, really?) and hasn't noticed that he's lost the external temperature display?
It isn't a big deal for some.
He doesn't have the sound-proofing in his bonnet! Doesn't he realise? Has nobody told him?
I imagine you wouldn't know unless you were a keen forum watcher. I wouldn't have.

I like his updates.

I like them too, but he sure misses a lot.

I find it difficult to understand drivers who don't care about the external temperature display, although I realise they exist. Not even noticing that it's gone, though, is strange.

He's been updated to R13 (which he thinks is the latest software, really?) and hasn't noticed that he's lost the external temperature display?

R16 ;)

I like them too, but he sure misses a lot.

I find it difficult to understand drivers who don't care about the external temperature display, although I realise they exist. Not even noticing that it's gone, though, is strange.
I do not have the external temp on mine and I would like it, but what is the reason you feel so strong about it? If it's just so you know when roads could be icy the car still gives a warning for icy roads.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back