• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 shipping to Ireland

Anyone ordered from Linders Finglas? Ordered early January and was told approximately May delivery. I've been expecting it to arrive approximately June time.

Anyone ordered from Linders Finglas? Ordered early January and was told approximately May delivery. I've been expecting it to arrive approximately June time.
Dealers don’t have any control on what colour or standard that arrive in Ireland,MG just send over whatever they have in Belgium it’s a lottery in Ireland, I ordered in September and still waiting.

Dealers don’t have any control on what colour or standard that arrive in Ireland,MG just send over whatever they have in Belgium it’s a lottery in Ireland, I ordered in September and still waiting.
The UK was like that until January, when MG finally started building to customer order like a normal car manufacturer.
Before then, they just built whatever spec cars they felt like, and shipped them to the UK.
Then, a transporter would be loaded with the nearest dozen cars and the driver would be taken into the dock office to throw a dart at a map of MG dealerships. The nearest one to his throw got the cars.

(At least, that's what it felt like to those of us who pre-ordered our cars back in August)

Last edited:
I have an exclusive ordered since Oct with dealer and was confirmed as being the second on the list to place an MG4 order with them and I’m STILL waiting. Getting seriously frustrating. I was originally told I’d have it Jan, then late feb or early march. We’re heading into April now and still no sign of it. I was in with owner of garage 2 weeks ago and he doesn’t seem to have any idea. Im waiting 6 months now and it’s getting ridiculous. If it don’t come soon, I’m gonna walk 😡

Last edited:
It may be quicker to order an Atto3,it's launched in the UK and about to launch in Ireland,send MDL an email for info.

I have a red exclusive ordered since Oct with dealer in Drogheda and was confirmed as being the second person on the list to place an MG4 order with them and I’m STILL waiting. Getting seriously frustrating. I was originally told I’d have it Jan, then late feb or early march. We’re heading into April now and still no sign of it. I was in with owner of garage 2 weeks ago and he doesn’t seem to have any idea. Im waiting 6 months now and it’s getting absolutely ridiculous. If it don’t come soon, I’m gonna walk 😡
I sold my car privately in Jan as ordered white excite in limerick back in September still waiting, would have cancelled in Feb but need a car, no communication from MG

I'm starting to look at second hand Kia models at this stage. At least they are in stock and can be had pretty quickly. Still hoping to get a decent trade in for my Ioniq as well.
Getting quite disappointed at the lack of contact from the MG dealer, despite asking twice for an update on delivery. With the €5k grant in Ireland being reduced to €3.5k in July, it would not surprise me if more cancelled due to delays.

You will get the full grant then. I ordered end of Jan.

You will get the full grant then. I ordered end of Jan.
The full grant will apply only to vehicles registered before 1st July. I think a lot of people will cancel if they have to pay another €1500 on a six month wait.

Linders very kindly told me that they would send me an email with information from MG to state that the oil leak problems had been fixed, that was a long time ago and I don't think I'll ever get it.

I have a red exclusive ordered since Oct with dealer in Drogheda and was confirmed as being the second person on the list to place an MG4 order with them and I’m STILL waiting. Getting seriously frustrating. I was originally told I’d have it Jan, then late feb or early march. We’re heading into April now and still no sign of it. I was in with owner of garage 2 weeks ago and he doesn’t seem to have any idea. Im waiting 6 months now and it’s getting absolutely ridiculous. If it don’t come soon, I’m gonna walk 😡
they are really drawing it out.

sorry. not many opportunities in life for a corkonian to make that pun.

contact MG directly and just ask where you are on the list.

Info MG <[email protected]>

they should just convert this thread into the irish subforum at this stage :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 424 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back