MG4 shipping to Ireland

how were they able to tell you it was the new model 2023 model. I was told by dealer he wouldn't know until it arrived in dealership. Picking mine up tomorrow
Seems like anyone receiving theirs from start of August onwards will probably be getting the 2023 version, as those will be the only ones arriving into the country on the next ships. Most of those people will have paid the price increase for the 2023 model that happened in March though (about €2000 extra compared with February).
Some people who ordered before the price increase seem to be getting 2023 models, but that just seems to be luck, as the most recent shipments into Ireland had both 2022 and 2023 models onboard, and the cars are then just divied up at random it seems.

I presume at some point around May, the MG factories started manufacturing the 2023 model, even if they hadn't built all the 2022 models ordered.

Any advice you guys can offer? Scheduled to collect the car tomorrow morning. Reached out to Linders on Wednesday to get the reg so I can sort the insurance ahead of collection as my insurer isn't open Saturday. According to my sales guy MG Ireland haven't invoiced for the car yet which is preventing the car from being registered and therefore no number plate yet. Does this make sense to anyone on here? I've booked time off work Mon & Tue to have bits done to it. If there's no reg plate though I won't be collecting.

Any advice you guys can offer? Scheduled to collect the car tomorrow morning. Reached out to Linders on Wednesday to get the reg so I can sort the insurance ahead of collection as my insurer isn't open Saturday. According to my sales guy MG Ireland haven't invoiced for the car yet which is preventing the car from being registered and therefore no number plate yet. Does this make sense to anyone on here? I've booked time off work Mon & Tue to have bits done to it. If there's no reg plate though I won't be collecting.

I called up a few insurers and they wouldn't give a quote without the licence plate. If you cant get your insurer to give you a temporary cover without a reg plate being listed in the policy until Monday morning then you are stuck. Could you try and compromise with the insurer and say that you will leave a voicemail with the licence plate and send an email before you drive away in the car? That means they would have proof of the car they are insuring.

I think it is mental how they do the licence plates. I called Linders to get the reg plate so that I can sort insurance as I am getting my car on Monday , they told me that licence plates are issued only on Mondays around 1000. That means I need to run around on Monday morning swapping over insurances before I can go and collect the car.

I called up a few insurers and they wouldn't give a quote without the licence plate. If you cant get your insurer to give you a temporary cover without a reg plate being listed in the policy until Monday morning then you are stuck. Could you try and compromise with the insurer and say that you will leave a voicemail with the licence plate and send an email before you drive away in the car? That means they would have proof of the car they are insuring.

I think it is mental how they do the licence plates. I called Linders to get the reg plate so that I can sort insurance as I am getting my car on Monday , they told me that licence plates are issued only on Mondays around 1000. That means I need to run around on Monday morning swapping over insurances before I can go and collect the car.
It seems ridiculous. The whole process. Surely they shouldn't be offering collection dates without a reg plate. My insurer can't do anything without a reg plate. My sales guy is aware of all of this. A courtesy call would be nice to advise instead of me just showing up tomorrow.
Call recording wouldn't stand if something was to happen unfortunately and It's not a risk I'm taking. What's strange with my insurer is that if you have an "older" policy number you can complete changes online. I've a "Newer" policy number which doesn't allow this option. I'm required to call which is no good on a Saturday.

I'm collecting today and rang yesterday morning and got a similar answer. They sent the reg number yesterday evening, so I insured online last night.
They'll probably have the reg number for you today.
It looks like I'll have it today. I emailed them this morning and they've replied they should have it shortly thank god :)

It seems ridiculous. The whole process. Surely they shouldn't be offering collection dates without a reg plate. My insurer can't do anything without a reg plate. My sales guy is aware of all of this. A courtesy call would be nice to advise instead of me just showing up tomorrow.
Call recording wouldn't stand if something was to happen unfortunately and It's not a risk I'm taking. What's strange with my insurer is that if you have an "older" policy number you can complete changes online. I've a "Newer" policy number which doesn't allow this option. I'm required to call which is no good on a Saturday.
Picking car up today from linders. Only got the reg last night

Anyone who ordered in January getting my23 versions? Linders told me that about 50% are my23 and it’s just luck of the draw
I ordered mid January. Collecting mine from Linders in the morning. Will let you know which I get.

Anyone who ordered in January getting my23 versions? Linders told me that about 50% are my23 and it’s just luck of the draw
I’m getting mine in the morning. Ordered mid January. I’ll let you know which I get.

I ordered in mid-Feb and picked up from Linders yesterday, MY22 model.
There were two other grey exclusives parked out front when I collected, one MY22 (Wexford reg), and one MY23, not sure what reg.

Mine is due 2 August grey excite version, also Linders. So it really is 50/50 and luck of draw. I'm not lucky so expecting my22.

Just a follow up guys. Just collected my EXCITE SR in Linders. It’s the older version. Approx 6 cars lined up for collection. All but one were the new 1. Only in it the last half hour and love it so far. Shame about the weather. From my inspections so far it’s in perfect condition.

Nice one. What colour is your car? I'm getting a grey LR Exclusive. I'm itching to get mine.

You have great weather to see how it copes in the rain with the LKA and other functions.
I got the white. Black roof and rear tint to be done next Sat. It handles so well in the rain. Feels like I’m driving a toy in comparison to my old car. I’m new to automatic but feel like I’m picking it up quick. The auto handbrake is a godsend. Visibility at the back is ok but in todays weather without that rear wiper I couldn’t see a thing reversing into the garden.

FYI! Came with all cables needed and floor mats which seem to be good quality.

Paid over my outstanding balance on Friday as I’m away on holidays next week then back to collect the car next Monday!

Fingers crossed it’s an my23, really only for the one pedal driving and the bigger wheels which would save me 1,000e on buying after market! I prefer the look of the rear without the wiper but they’ve obviously had enough complaints to warrant having it!

Will post some pics once I’ve picked up and gotten all the mods fitted!

I'm not convinced they've had complaints from owners about the lack of a wiper, so much as people being put off buying the car because of the lack of a wiper. Once you have the car it's really not an issue, you start complaining about the undertray and the compressor noise and so on, but too bad they've already got your money.

Paid over my outstanding balance on Friday as I’m away on holidays next week then back to collect the car next Monday!

Fingers crossed it’s an my23, really only for the one pedal driving and the bigger wheels which would save me 1,000e on buying after market! I prefer the look of the rear without the wiper but they’ve obviously had enough complaints to warrant having it!

Will post some pics once I’ve picked up and gotten all the mods fitted!
I do prefer the look without the wiper and wasn’t that bothered until I had to reverse into the garden. I’ll get over that though. That said the view out the rear window is small. With with the back seat headrest you wouldn’t be able to see anything anyway.
The bigger wheels in person looked class.
I’m strongly considering getting them myself.
I might just wait until I get a little bored of what I’ve got.
The app is a little slow once connected but the remote AC feature works well.
I picked up a wireless CarPlay adapter afew months back. Can’t get it working. Wired will have to do.
I’m still pretty shocked at the quality of the inside.
Everyone I’ve shown it to so far has been super impressed.

Hi, Who did you go to for insurance? All the websites aren't accepting my licence plate, and they all look to start from the next day. I only just got my plate details and I have to pick up in 5 hours.

Hi, Who did you go to for insurance? All the websites aren't accepting my licence plate, and they all look to start from the next day. I only just got my plate details and I have to pick up in 5 hours.
The license plate won’t be found when you search as it’s only just been registered. I’m with Liberty Insurance. If you call they should be able to override the start date. They couldn’t locate my reg either but the can take the car specs and enter them manually.

The license plate won’t be found when you search as it’s only just been registered. I’m with Liberty Insurance. If you call they should be able to override the start date. They couldn’t locate my reg either but the can take the car specs and enter them manually.
Thanks a lot, I gave them a phone but they wouldnt insure me. The issue was that my no claims is on another car that I will sell later, so I technically dont have any no claims, therefore too big a risk. I managed to get sorted at the last minute with Allianz. Not the best quote but got me the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back