MG4 shipping to Ireland

I had that fault quite frequently when I first got the car, but much less often recently - only a couple of times in the last couple of months. One time it was raining and I wasn't in the mood to mess about so I just drove home without the auto-hold, keeping my foot on the brake pedal instead. The most recent occasion I was about to leave the house, but just got out of the car and back in again and the fault was gone.

There have been various theories about it being caused by depressing the brake too soon after getting into the car, before the infotainment screen has booted up, but there's no rhyme nor reason to it. On the most recent occasion I simply sat down in the car, didn't touch anything, and the auto-hold fault appeared.

It's a bit of a nothing-burger, and I'm reluctant to mention it to the dealer. There may be a fix with updated software, but since everything else is working, I'm thinking this isn't broke enough to risk "fixing" it.
My thoughts exactly. I'll leave it be unless it becomes a more frequent issue. Thanks for your feedback :)

I see it every time I manually turn the infotainment screen off . Reason I keep turning it of is to get my android auto to work. It's a hit and miss
My CarPlay has been pretty stable connected to the cable. I did purchase a wireless dongle so I wouldn’t have to plug my phone in but that won’t work at all. Probably a faulty dongle.
If I can make any recommendations I got an anti glare screen protector from eBay. Makes interacting with the display so much easier.

My CarPlay has been pretty stable connected to the cable. I did purchase a wireless dongle so I wouldn’t have to plug my phone in but that won’t work at all. Probably a faulty dongle.
If I can make any recommendations I got an anti glare screen protector from eBay. Makes interacting with the display so much easier.
The car won't connect to CarPlay from the USB-C socket.
If your dongle was plugged in there, it wouldn't have worked.

My CarPlay wired connection is very unpredictable. Flashes on and back off when I plug in. Have to repeatedly un plug and plug back in, eventually it stays on! Made sure I was running latest IOS version etc. Sometimes, I plug in and it comes alive 5 mins+ in to journey. Maybe I'll try a wireless dongle?

My CarPlay wired connection is very unpredictable. Flashes on and back off when I plug in. Have to repeatedly un plug and plug back in, eventually it stays on! Made sure I was running latest IOS version etc. Sometimes, I plug in and it comes alive 5 mins+ in to journey. Maybe I'll try a wireless dongle?
I'd recommend trying an Apple Certified cable first. I have seen some reports elsewhere that using a non branded cable can impact it;s performance. With that said I'm using a cable from Penneys and it's been working fine for me.

My wireless dongle sometimes does this. Maybe it's the car.

I received My AAwireless. Had a few issues in setting up as I was getting the black screen. I see to over come this is to go into the android auto app and clear the catch and then it kicks in. Once I had the AAwireless set up in works 100% every time. Would recommended if you are plaqued with the wired 50/50 android auto not working

Has anyone received a tax disk in the post. For some reason a tax disk has arrived for my new mg 4 . I don't even have a log book nor did I apply for one. Also it's for 3 months. Linders never said anything about taxing the car for me.

Has anyone received a tax disk in the post. For some reason a tax disk has arrived for my new mg 4 . I don't even have a log book nor did I apply for one. Also it's for 3 months. Linders never said anything about taxing the car for me.
Yes! Linders told me when I collected that they have taxed the car for 3 months and to expect this disc in the post. I got one this morning also. No sign of the log book yet.

I received My AAwireless. Had a few issues in setting up as I was getting the black screen. I see to over come this is to go into the android auto app and clear the catch and then it kicks in. Once I had the AAwireless set up in works 100% every time. Would recommended if you are plaqued with the wired 50/50 android auto not working

Meanwhile, here in the UK, tax discs were deleted by the government a couple of years ago.
It's all held digitally, so you just get the reminder letters now.

Picked up my Black Exclusive (Trophy) LR on Monday. Its the MY22 version. dealer said its more likely that the more popular colours are coming in as MY23's

Mine is running R40 on the software. LKA seems fine to me, the ambient light sensor sensitivity seems to be changed as its not lighting up until its well into dusk.

Have put all my upgrades on, reverse and indicator lights changed to LED, along with the interior lights, black badge on, new wiper blades on and metal pedal covers. Think I'll order some 18" alloys but first on the agenda is getting the rear light bar PPF'd, its a soft as cottage cheese! already has swirls on it. Apart from that very happy.

Linders is handing over in the region of 20 cars a day, and continuing to sell close to 150 per month...which is insane!

Picked up my Black Exclusive (Trophy) LR on Monday. Its the MY22 version. dealer said its more likely that the more popular colours are coming in as MY23's

Mine is running R40 on the software. LKA seems fine to me, the ambient light sensor sensitivity seems to be changed as its not lighting up until its well into dusk.

Have put all my upgrades on, reverse and indicator lights changed to LED, along with the interior lights, black badge on, new wiper blades on and metal pedal covers. Think I'll order some 18" alloys but first on the agenda is getting the rear light bar PPF'd, its a soft as cottage cheese! already has swirls on it. Apart from that very happy.

Linders is handing over in the region of 20 cars a day, and continuing to sell close to 150 per month...which is insane!
Learning of a MY22 car with R40 software installed is encouraging.
We've been hearing stories of MG not intending to update MY22 cars beyond R33.

Last edited:

Nice! Can I ask if you could link the LED bulbs you installed. Changing from the halogen is new to me and so want to make sure I’m grabbing the correct ones.
I’ve mud flaps to install when the ground isn’t too wet to sit on.
Considering the PPF also on the rear plastic as the swirls are really showing up.
Had the rear tint done over the weekend which surprisingly does a lot for the cars appearance.
Put in some pocket inserts into all the pockets and hoping to get a working, new wireless CarPlay adapter.

We've been hearing stories of MG not intending to update MY22 cars beyond R33.
Gossip isn't helpful generally, I've been waiting to see what happens even though some are claiming the sky is falling and we have all been abandoned. This is good to hear.

I've never believed the sky is falling story. Even if it was a dealer or someone in MG who said so. It's an insane decision. And look, we've had a dealer telling someone that the SE doesn't have the capacity to pre-heat from the app, and someone at MG telling an owner that there's no way to switch the display to read km/hr. Some people know nothing but say stuff anyway.

Appoligies fir getting your hopes up! i Just checked again and it is only on R30.

Still havent found any issues with LKA or the ambient light sensor. niggles are that it doesnt remember the drive setting you leave it in, i like to use eco around town and as i discovered today in the rain, if you leave the wiper set to on and get out of the car, as soon as your ass hits the seat the wiper activates sending water in through the open door...!
We've been hearing stories of MG not intending to update MY22 cars beyond R33

Appoligies fir getting your hopes up! i Just checked again and it is only on R30.

Still havent found any issues with LKA or the ambient light sensor. niggles are that it doesnt remember the drive setting you leave it in, i like to use eco around town and as i discovered today in the rain, if you leave the wiper set to on and get out of the car, as soon as your ass hits the seat the wiper activates sending water in through the open door...!
I discovered that in the first hour of having the car. Weather was awful and drenched myself! Still reminding myself to switch off LKA when I get in.

Nice! Can I ask if you could link the LED bulbs you installed. Changing from the halogen is new to me and so want to make sure I’m grabbing the correct ones.
I’ve mud flaps to install when the ground isn’t too wet to sit on.
Considering the PPF also on the rear plastic as the swirls are really showing up.
Had the rear tint done over the weekend which surprisingly does a lot for the cars appearance.
Put in some pocket inserts into all the pockets and hoping to get a working, new wireless CarPlay adapter.

Amazon link for bulbs

I got the clear for reverse and orange for indicator, it looks like the brake is already an LED, the fitting is different to the other 2 and doesnt seem to come out easily so i didnt try.

I got the carkinkit 5 "2air" and i just couldnt get it working properly for any period of time, so went back to wired. dont really mind it and its snappier.

definitely get a matt screen protector for both screens, ive noticed awful glare from the instrument screen

Amazon link for bulbs

I got the clear for reverse and orange for indicator, it looks like the brake is already an LED, the fitting is different to the other 2 and doesnt seem to come out easily so i didnt try.

I got the carkinkit 5 "2air" and i just couldnt get it working properly for any period of time, so went back to wired. dont really mind it and its snappier.

definitely get a matt screen protector for both screens, ive noticed awful glare from the instrument screen
Thanks for that! I've installed the matt screen protectors also on both displays. The texture of them too make pressing the screen when driving easier I find.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back